Zeraora-GX from SM7a Revealed!

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
One question: If Victini, Litleo, Pyroar and Tapu Koko are going to be in it, then what type will they be? Will they be Fire, Fire, Fire and Lightning respectively, or will they be Psychic, Colorless, Colorless and Fairy respectively?

Sethy79

Aspiring Trainer
Very nice card. This will be highly desirable right away and should bring in a strong new electric archetype.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Lightning archetype looks insane after rotation...
its a lightning "night cloak darkrai" and a manaphy -ex aqua tube.
It has some uses, with lightning decks, but tapu koko can already do without zeroara. maybe useful in some decks. could useful in raikou deck again.

We'll take it. It's so powerful, we'll se it in Rayquaza GX-Vikavolt.
not really as soon as it attack its dead weight, and a easy 2 prize cards for fighting decks. maybe better off as a bench pokemon, and the gx attack is questionable, you might want to save it for another pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:

MultX

Aspiring Trainer
OMG, this stadium.. Set up, disrupt your opponent, place stadium, opponent is locked.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
So we have a single stadium that prevents all supporters and items from being used, thus being invincible to field blower, making it extremely hard for any opponent to do much of any, thing late game if they did not set up an ability-based pokemon draw support, creating a new meta in which players must rely on abilities or excessive stadium counts in order to counter this amazing card, or create another lightning deck of their own that can compete with this beast of a card, on top of a busted Zearora-GX and a triple Plus power for lightning type pokemon.

Time to play Machamp GX!

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
It's nice to know that the Stadium has a built-in protection against Field Blower, but it can easily be replaced by a counter-Stadium. Fortunately, there might not be too many popular Stadium cards in next season's Standard format, although Brooklet Hill will undoubtedly remain popular in Buzzwole decks.

I'm honestly not sure what to think of the Stadium - it has a great effect, but it essentially brings the game to a grinding halt until it's replaced. Most definitely has potential

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
This card has “Expanded” written all over it.

All of a sudden, any deck that has the tempo advantage can lock the game out. This card is a late game Death-knell. Especially with SHL Marshadow

It also hurts Wailord in Expanded, so there’s that.

Last edited:

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Wait... Is the translation on the Trainer blocking accurate? I feel like that kind of effect wouldn't be acceptable... I'd assume it actually only makes itself immune to Trainer effects or something, Omega Barrier style.

Medi

Aspiring Trainer
Only two big things i found for now with the offensive part of the stadium were you can flash ray for just a DCE and prevent guzma with jolteon ex, and you can hard retreat into pachirisu to snuggly generator for free if you can find the stadium early, while blocking field blower for the exp. shares in the raichu gx deck if that ever gains traction.

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
I think the wording on the card is a bit trickey. I am not entirely sure if the stadium prevents ALL items and supporters, or only effects directed toward the stadium. Normally for a lock it says you cannot play from your hand (noivern GX, Giratina EX, etc) where as this is saying something like "This Stadium, while in play, when either player plays an item or a supporter, it is not affected."

So if it affected ALL item and supporters, would that mean if you play a sycamore, it just goes to the trash and nothinf happens?