Zeraora-GX from SM7a Revealed!

Well. Genesect is very interesting. Genesect, without the ability, would be absolutely awful. However, this means we could have Genesect, 2 Choice Bands and that would be the end of Ultra Necrozma, Necrozma, Buzzwole etc. Also, Dhelmise still exists, so you can go higher, This as a deck could play Bodybuilding Dumbbells (FFB will have rotated by the time this comes out) To have 220HP and do 160 to EX's and GX's. If only you could use FFB and you could get an OHKO on Tapu Lele. Also, fire isn't really a relevant weakness at the moment. I'll give it 7/10, because this could see play.
Pikachu and Lugia are pretty bad overall, they don't need a review.
EDIT: Just remembered that Metal Frying Pan exists so that could be used.

Why do so many GXs have one of the Pokémon’s limbs awkwardly close to you it looks really weird on some cards

Genesect GX is interesting but the fact that it basically requires Magnezone to power it up is kind of disappointing

when i first read Genesects ability, i thought it was a re-print of that old Sigilyph card we had in one of our Plasma sets that could hold 4 tool cards. i look at it again, and it can only hold 2. Damn... so close. this is still a nice ability though. double choice bands or even double "DRYING PAN"s we be great fun to see played on this.

Whats going on in that Pikachu artwork?
Kekleon us sticking out his tongue and making the pikachu think it's a berry

Actually on closer inspection he is stealing the beret from pikachu and you can see a angry face on pikachu while trophius is confused

Genesect has the Double Ancient Trait as an ability, which is cool, but the rest of the card sucks... so...yeah.
I disagree. Attach 2 Choice Bands to it and most basic GXs like Buzzwole and Ultra Necrozma are going down in 1 hit. The attack cost is a bit of a concern, but Solgaleo Prism can help get it going.

Anyway, 5Ban Graphics or PLANETA usually do the artworks of GXs, but this is the first time we've seen one done by someone else. Yoshinobu Saito could've done better, I agree. On another note, Saito did several artworks of non-GXs like Guardians Rising Rayquaza and Ultra Prism Rampardos and those turned out pretty okay.

• Lugia - ehh. 2 Geodudes
  • Pikachu - its just a Pikachu.
  • Genesect-GX - Now we're talking! The ability is broken on its own because it can OHKO Buzzwole on its GX atk, and can OHKO Buzzwole by its main atk by attaching 2 Choice Bands. Well, the AC is not a problem we have bunch of gimmicks for M Pokémon. 3-4 Geodudes

I disagree. Attach 2 Choice Bands to it and most basic GXs like Buzzwole and Ultra Necrozma are going down in 1 hit. The attack cost is a bit of a concern, but Solgaleo Prism can help get it going.

And if the Genesect goes down how do you power up another? Play it with Magnezone? At that point Dusk Mane is better. You don't get your CB back from the discard but you can get back your energy. And Dusk Mane doesn't need CB to OHKO basic/stage 1 GXes.

Solgaleo Prism is bad as the only energy acceleration because it is literally a one-of and you can't even get it back if it gets knocked out.

Last edited:
Was looking forward to Genesect but the artwork is probably the worst gx art to date.

I always expected the various Necrozma Formes to have bad art as they are very difficult pokemon designs to work with but they pulled them off incredibly...

So why is Genesect such a massive fail!

(And i know it doesnt affect playability but im a huge collector for art based purposes)

Back