Zeraora-GX from SM7a Revealed!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Who didn't see Genesect GX coming?
Well, I think it's really good. 2 FFB gives it 260 HP, 2 Choice Band gives it 190 damage (before Dhelmise).
And that's just two things.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Counter Gain gives me free Mirror Moves. I can almost build an energy free Pidgeot-EX deck. It might have a life in Expanded.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Holy Schmerbe! Forget Cobalion, (sorry, Cobalion) that Counter Gain is GOOD!
Think about it: now, with Counter Energy AND Counter Gain, we can now use 3 Energy attacks for just a SINGLE ATTACHMENT! The only drawback is that you can't use Choice Band, but holy Schmerbe! We can use Goodra for a SINGLE ATTACHMENT? With Po Town and Division I can actually MAKE GOODRA HALF-DECENT! ITS A MIRACLE!

Wechselbalg

brb
Well, that escalated quickly. People seem to forget that as soon as you're in the lead (or even when the number of prizes on both sides are equal) Counter Gain stops working, so it's not like "imma just attach this to duskman and ohko everything for days lol"

I mean, it is a good item, but the overhype is real.

MiniMads

The misunderstood Hero of Disasters
Cobalion:
Well, Cobalion has returned one again and it can be used as a counter energy user again! You attach counter energy and counter gain and you have 120 damage for 1 energy attachment on a 1 prize basic. The first attack isn't great though. 6/10
Counter Gain:
I like this card a lot, with the previously mentioned Cobalion and with the new Zeraora GX (that makes me happy) as it can then do 160 for just a lightning energy if thunder mountain is in play as well. Finally, Genesect GX could do Counter Energy, Counter Gain, Choice band for 160 for a single energy attachment. I think this will see play, and it's probably the best counter card so far. 8/10

MiniMads

The misunderstood Hero of Disasters
Genesect GX seems alright, but I feel like it's really frail.

Metal doesn't really have fantastic energy acceleration right now (Magnezone is clunky, and then Registeel is kind of the only other solution they have without Max Elixir post-rotation), and even if you double stack choice bands and Genesect GX becomes a large slice of the meta, people will just use a single field blower to knock them both off. Once Puzzle of Time rotates, there aren't exactly a lot of ways you can recover items from the discard pile, so once you lose double choice band and get KO'd, you don't have many options for recovery and retaking momentum.

At this point it kind of just becomes a decent solution to countering fairy types, but even if that's what you want to use it for, Stakataka GX is better in every way at that job while offering some defense for Beast Box in non-fairy match ups at the same time. With access to Beast Ring as well, Stakataka GX can get going in 1 turn and takes 2 hit KOs just the same. The GX attack on Stakataka GX has a higher ceiling as well. At 3 prizes taken it's already outgunning Genesect GX.

Like seriously, Stakataka GX with 4x frying pans is going to become a problem that really tests the endurance of energy discarding decks like UNGX that need precise set ups to maintain momentum.
Solgaleo Prism?

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
I like the Genesect in all but its Art seems so different from the other GX cards... I like it!

GoldenYungoos

A shiny Yungoos appeared!
I'd think metal frying pan would be the tool you want on here more prominently, 180 is just too easy of a number to hit

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
Love the name of the Genesect ability.

I wonder if the younger players get it? (WTF is a double cassette? LOL)

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Solgaleo Prism?

I definitely did forget about Solgaleo Prism, but I don't think that solves the double choice band part of the problem for Genesect GX and its lack of access to Beast Ring as an option when compared to Stakataka GX.

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Love the Lugia and pikachu art and that’s about it. What’s with all the170- 180hp on all the upcoming basics...just not high enough, and 3 energy (not even a m and DDE) for 130 (+60 potentially with two choice bands but that doesn’t Ohko any of the stage 1 mons)...too slow with not a great hp and not a great attack....just not for me I guess.

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
i swear ive seen this crappy cobalion reprinted 3 or 4 times by now. can it stop?the art is really nice, but...