Zelda Timeline

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner
Ever confused by the Zelda timeline? Well here are some suggestions that might be tighing up the loose ends...
(Information supplied by http://zelda.wikia.com/)

Now I follow that the 3D games have it's own two timelines and the 2D timelines have there very own.

-------------------------->>>>>>3D<<<<<<<--------------------------
Time line -
Argueably that Oot is the first Zelda in the Timeline it branches of two different timlines, the Adult and child.
The Adult timeline is in the windwaker and the phantom hourglass games
The Child timeline is in the Majora's mask and Twilight princess

MM & TP - Child
Now my theory, as you can see in TP was that the castle/Hyrule was in ruins, correct? Now maybe this can be an alternate universe where the moon in majora's mask hit Hyrule, and because it hit Hyrule castle that must mean that it is in ruins there, this might be why in the later Zelda's chronilogically, Hyrule castle is build somewhere else.

WW & PH

First of all when Link stays as an adult in goes into the the wind waker and phantom hourglass timeline and they are the same Link

Oot - Sages
Now wonder what had happened to the sages in Oot and the later Zelda's - well I think this is a reason/theory -
Who knew Zelda was that dark?

Saria -
Says to Link after the Forest temple, We can not Live in the same world together, she can't be found in the Forest temple
DEAD

Darunia -
Goes in the Dungeon to fight the boss, without the only weapon that can kill it, the megaton hammer to break his armour, he dissapears.
DEAD

Princess Ruto -
In the water temple and can't be found. The King even fears that she is dead also...
DEAD

Impa -
Without the Lens of truth in the Darkness temple she falls into a hole, supposably found King Bongo(I think) she can't see him and defeated by her himself.
DEAD

Nabooru -
She finds herself passed the desert and in the temple, she fuses (Not of her own will) with the two witches when they merge into one. You kill them.
DEAD

Rauru
Who knows, is he the owl that supplied Link with the information and dies later on as you do not see him as Adult Link?
DEAD....?

And speaking of dead here is a shockingvideo of which you might not of known. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6XMKtjtvaM

-------------------------->>>>>>2D<<<<<<<--------------------------

Timeline -
The Minish Cap --> Four Swords --> Four Swords Adventures (currently unconfirmed if other games occur between these titles, i.e. between TMC and FS)

A Link to the Past --> Link's Awakening

The Legend of Zelda --> Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (usually placed after the above two)

Oracle of Seasons <--> Oracle of Ages (can happen in either order)

ALTTP & LA

The 'ALLTP' is meant to be known as the latest Zelda, hense the title A Link to THE PAST
As it is believed at the end of the game Link aquires the triforce and wishes Ganadorf out of exhistance and never to be reincarnated again.
I do not know much about LA but I think it's tied in with ALTTP...

I am sorry but I don't know much about the other games.

This is all what I know
All of this is not officially stated by Nintendo, all of this is my theory

The debate is still on about LA being after ALTTP or OoX. The only real timeline of such that has been confirmed is the Child/Adult split:

OoT ends in two different places. One timeline is in the future where he defeats Ganon and Ganon is sealed, but he then leaves for the past that Zelda deprived him of.

So you have the Adult timeline where link was an adult, and the Child timeline when he is a child.

On the Child timeline it follows young OoT link in his search to find Navi, but he finds termina where MM happens. During that time Ganondorf is being executed by the sages, but escapes to the twilight. Hundreds of years pass, and TP begins.

On the Adult timeline, Ganon escapes from his seal, and destroys Hyrule. With no Link to stop him as Link goes back to the Child Timeline, the gods flood Hyrule and seal Ganon under the water. 1000+ years and WW happens. PH follows WW as it's sequel.

So you have:

/ WW - PH
OoT
\
MM - TP

Other than that, all we have to go on with is sequels. LA is a debated sequel with evidence for coming after Oracle of Seasons/Ages, or a sequel to A link to the past.

Gametrailers (I think) did a video on the timeline. Don't beleive it. It is all wrong, and has been disproved countless times.

ZeldaWikia also has a lot of wrong information. Your better using http://www.zeldawiki.org

Gametrailers is full of <Censored for your needs> anywho.
I forgot to mention that Hyrule was flooded in WW.

And yes The 2D games are in no relation to the 3D games. Because I haven't played all the way through Zelda II and because Zelda I has no real text r anyone to talk to then I don't really know much abut those games.

And 5 stars with 2 responces XD

Yeah, someone tries this almost every year, or at least I hear complaining about it. I'd say this is probably one of the most impossible tasks in the world. I'd put all the games in a timeline too, if I were you. That'll really tear out your hair. :]

dmaster out.

But not all games are canon to the series, I mean some of the MSX ones an't of the sega CD's are barely featured in the series

No, I mean like the main ones, like not splitting them up is all I'm saying.

dmaster out.

Oh god, It's like a billion pice jigsaw puzzle without a guide
*Pulls hair out as we speak

Good theorys but i mostly agree with this one, http://www.zeldauniverse.net/timeline-theory/ .
Read everything, it comes together perfectly.

Yeah, that is an extremely good website to find information.
Also I hear that Nintendo have a masetr document that holds every timeline.
Obviously not veiwable to public but the article seems to explain it extremely well.

There's a lot of obvious links between games (most of which have been established here), but besides that, everything is possible. As fun as it is to debate this, it's rather pointless :S

But anyhow, the most hilariously lame theory is still the legend theory, which just states that "it's all a legend" and calls it a day. The name of the series is the only thing supporting this theory, though, but it's worth a mention :F

For a real timeline, we'll probably need more information. I doubt the LoZ staff will release the official timeline any time soon, so we'll just have to wait for Spirit Tracks (which will probably bring a new hero, as Zelda can be seen in the trailer, and I doubt Tetra feels like dressing up, especially considering her reactions in PH) or Zelda Wii, which will hopefully help to fill in some holes.
That, or a member of the LoZ staff will have to accidentally say a bit too much in an interview again.

I think LA is generally accepted to have the same Link as AlttP, but there's no solid evidence.
It starts on a boat, though, but that could be for a number of reasons...

If the 2D time lines and 3D time lines could be connected
Then could that possibly be a ship from Phantom Hourglass or Wind Waker?

The possibility exists, but it's doubtful, as this would have to mean that WW was meant as a prequel to LA without any mention of this anywhere in the game. And it has been stated numerous times that LA was meant as a direct sequel to Alttp.

Well, the 2D and 3D games are probably connected in some way, especially the newer ones. OoT was meant as a prequel to Alttp (but they screwed that up ._.), and the oracle series and MC have no problem fitting in (because of little mention of other games, heroes and Zeldas).

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
Well, the 2D and 3D games are probably connected in some way, especially the newer ones. OoT was meant as a prequel to Alttp (but they screwed that up ._.), and the oracle series and MC have no problem fitting in (because of little mention of other games, heroes and Zeldas).

Supposing, all Zelda games are Canonn then where wuld The ages game and MC fit in? Anywhere or a specific place within the timeline.

All Zelda games (excluding the DC-I games of course*shudders*) are the ONLY canon.

The oracle series can fit in anywhere after OoT and the obvious sequels (stuff like TP) (With characters like Twinrova and such it's hardly plausible to put them before OoT). They're put at the end of the timeline together with the original 2D games most of the time. I personally don't like the idea of Twinrova taking that long to reappear, so I'd personally place it before the 2D games, but whatever.

MC can go anywhere, really, and is sometimes seen being placed in the very beginning, even before OoT.

Back