• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Zekrom/Eels Deck For Nats!

Pokepower22

Ryan Moorhouse
Hey guys,this is my Zekeels deck ive been running for a while.I cant belive its only a couple of weeks till Nats! Ive done a revamp of my deck using stratagys that won in Belguim's Nationals. Finaly obtaining the cards I need,im hopefully ready for Nationals. But,i still need to see wehat could be good and what could be bad! the people on here have helped me so much and you guys are brill. Lets get on with the deck!

Pokemon:14

2 Zekrom B/W/ N/D
1 Zekrom EX N/D
3 Tynamo (38/101) N/V
3 Eelektrick N/V
1 Mewtwo EX N/D
1 Shaymin U/L
1 Tornadus EX D/E
1 Smeargle U/D
1 Terrakion N/V

Trainers/Stadiums:24

2 Level Ball N/D
2 Switch B/W
1 Energy Search B/W
2 Pluspower B/W
3 Pokemon Catcher E/P
4 Junk Arm T/R
3 Random Reciver D/E
1 Eviolite N/V
1 Ultra Ball D/E
1 Super Rod N/V
1 Skyarrow Bridge N/D
3 Dual Ball U/L C/L

Supporters:8

2 Proffesor Oaks New Theory HG/SS
4 Proffesor Juniper B/W & N/D(Cos i love the N/D Art:p)
2 N D/E

Energy:14

3 Fighting
8 Lightning
3 Double Coulorless N/D

Total Revamp. Random Recover is the main aspect supporter wise of this deck,since i can use it to search out a supporter-A deck consept that came 2nd in belgium. Smeargle is epic since i can use it for loads of things with portrait,a stample thats coming into many decks now. Terrakion, A fighting type that is going to help destroy Dark Deck's and Mirror's. 3-3 Line of Eel's/Tynamos,i like just 3 Tynamos as i can get them out swiftly and less chance of starting with them.I realy had to think about Dual Ball but in the end Dual Ball won over,with the full 4 in the deck.Supporter Wise N is for Disrupting,PONT is for new hand and Juniper is the main Supporter. Trainers are Self Explanatory,Inclusion of 1 Energy Search to Help Terrakion. Energy wise 3 fighting is usfull since if they are discarded i can retrive them with Super Rod-better than Prism energy wich is none retrivable.Horrar, we now have 4 Junk arms,only need 1 Catcher!What do you guys think?

RE: Zekrom/Eels Deck

Cleffa doesn't really help this deck and just makes it get donked more. SAB won't help you much (how many are you running anyway) up your Tynamo (39) and Eel count by one and add another Mewtwo EX. Add another N and some PONT. 11 energy is too much, I would drop one. Also you should cut a collector and two juniper.
Anyway, try:
-1 Level Ball
-1 Tornadus
-1 Cleffa
-??? SAB
-2 Heavy ball
-1 SSU
-2 Sage's Training
-1 Regigigas EX
-1 Lightning Energy
-1 Pokemon Collector
(12)

+1 Zekrom EX
+1 Tynamo NVI 39
+1 Mewtwo EX
+1 Eelektrik NVI
+3 PONT
+1 N
+2 Junk Arm
+2 Pokegear 3.0

My ZekEels list runs consistency over techs, but that's just my preference.
Terrakion is cool, but it makes you run fighting/prism which can't be Dynamotored.
Good luck at regionals fellow ZekEels player :)

-Lanturn

LanturnPrime said:
Cleffa doesn't really help this deck and just makes it get donked more. SAB won't help you much (how many are you running anyway) up your Tynamo (39) and Eel count by one and add another Mewtwo EX. Add another N and some PONT. 11 energy is too much, I would drop one. Also you should cut a collector and two juniper.
Anyway, try:
-1 Level Ball
-1 Tornadus
-1 Cleffa
-??? SAB
-2 Heavy ball
-1 SSU
-2 Sage's Training
-1 Regigigas EX
-1 Lightning Energy
-1 Pokemon Collector
(12)

+1 Zekrom EX
+1 Tynamo NVI 39
+1 Mewtwo EX
+1 Eelektrik NVI
+3 PONT
+1 N
+2 Junk Arm
+2 Pokegear 3.0

My ZekEels list runs consistency over techs, but that's just my preference.
Terrakion is cool, but it makes you run fighting/prism which can't be Dynamotored.
Good luck at regionals fellow ZekEels player :)

-Lanturn

Thanks! i definalty will try some of your ideas, theres 1 skyarrow bridge(sorry for not putting that in! my regionals ended a week or so ago,now im trying to find the perfect Zekeels for Battleroads and maybe even Nationals:)

Thanks,Pokepower22

Try
-1 zekrom (to make room plus only 2 is really needed)
-1 Regigigas EX N/D (just not needed)
-1 tornadus (not sure. To help make room)
-2 Heavy Ball N/D (not needed)
-1 Professor juniper (in my experience, I have never really needed more than 3)
-1 sage's (same as above)
-? skyarrow bridge (not that needed plus so many decks run it these days)
-1 Lightning (to make room)
-1 shaymin (I don't really think its needed)

+1-1 eelektrik (3-2 is not enough)
+2 N (for drawing power)
+2 PONT (drawing)
+2 junk arm (helps with discarding and getting trainers back)
+1 zekrom EX (attacker. Thundurus would work well too)
+1 catcher (in my experience, the third catcher has helped me a lot)

I may have missed some things but I hope I helped.

Jirachi said:
Try
-1 zekrom (to make room plus only 2 is really needed)
-1 Regigigas EX N/D (just not needed)
-1 tornadus (not sure. To help make room)
-2 Heavy Ball N/D (not needed)
-1 Professor juniper (in my experience, I have never really needed more than 3)
-1 sage's (same as above)
-? skyarrow bridge (not that needed plus so many decks run it these days)
-1 Lightning (to make room)
-1 shaymin (I don't really think its needed)

+1-1 eelektrik (3-2 is not enough)
+2 N (for drawing power)
+2 PONT (drawing)
+2 junk arm (helps with discarding and getting trainers back)
+1 zekrom EX (attacker. Thundurus would work well too)
+1 catcher (in my experience, the third catcher has helped me a lot)

I may have missed some things but I hope I helped.

Thanks,yeah i think i should add some more like that,i think im gona keep shaymin in though since i like its ability to move energy round,in late game its a tie breaker if im in a mewtwo war and can move energy around.

Ok Guys ive updated the deck with some changes people suggested.The cards not included are the ones wich at the moment i dont have and are currently seeking out.

Try adding in Mewtwo EX. Run at least 2 of it. In my testing, I've found it to be an effective secondary attacker against CMT.

Made another quick change,added in 1 more Eelektrik for consistancy for the heavy ball-it was unsable and not realy worth playing.

-1 zekrom? (2 may be enough)
-1 regigigas (I just don't find it helpful plus its also weak to fighting)
-1 switch (2 is enough)
-1 pokegear (might not be needed. And I think you might mean poke gear 3.0?)
-1 skyarrow bridge (how many are you running? I will count it as one for now)
-1 level ball? (not sure but 2 may be enough)
-1 PONT (prefer more N since it is a good hand refresher and disrupter)
+1-0 eelektrik (4-3 is more consistent)
+1 catcher (3 is needed)
+2 junk arm (4 is needed for discarding)
+2 N (explained)

I think you need 4 Tynamos because they will be KOed early game. I would cut Gigas EX because it serves little purpose in this deck.

Groudon Ex just doesn't flow with this decklist at all. IMO you would destroy the consistancy that makes this deck so good trying to tech it in (would need 4 prism energy)and you would most likely have to cut the DCE and this would ruin the Zek EX/Mewtwo advantage.. Also I do not like Sage or Collector in this type of deck just cause I prefer to use my supporters as hand refreshers but that is all personal preference. My one suggestion though is if you are using collector, switch back to pokegear as it some cases your Random Receiver will grab you a collector.

I would suggest something along the lines of:
- 1 tyrouge (not many decks use tynamo 30hp anymore so this becomes a free prize)
- 1 Zekrom
- 1 Regigigas EX
- 1 tornadus
- 2 ultra ball
- 3 collector
- 2 sage
- 1 seeker
- 1 lighting

+ 2 thundurus
+ 1 tynamo (your preference on hp)
+ 1 tornadus EX
+ 4 dual ball
+ 1 level ball
+ 2 junk arm
+ 1 random reciever
+ 1 N

Wait, who said anything about adding groudon? Did you mean regigigas? If so, then yes,. It is not needed but why would it need 4 prism?

^At the end of his decklist he said he might add a Groudon for BR.
Anyways, I really think switching over to Dual Balls is a pretty good idea because they dont use up your supporter and also because random reciever will give you a draw supporter every time (assuming theres still one in your deck and you take out seeker) I would take out seeker because theres a pretty low chance that youll get the t1 donk on a tynamo with catcher and seeker, and also, many are swithching to 40 hp anyways. Tornadus EX would be a much better replacement for Regigigas because it helps counter your fighting weakness and can discard energy.I would add another tynamo for consistency and a thundurus because hes great early game. I personally would take out the sages for more draw support (Pont/N) and I would rather have more junk arms than 2 and so I think that ultra balls could be taken out for them because everything in your deck is searchable by dual/level ball and junk arms cannot only discard energy, but also grab you a key trainer late game.

Mokoko said:
^At the end of his decklist he said he might add a Groudon for BR.
Anyways, I really think switching over to Dual Balls is a pretty good idea because they don't use up your supporter and also because random reciever will give you a draw supporter every time (assuming theres still one in your deck and you take out seeker) I would take out seeker because theres a pretty low chance that youll get the t1 donk on a tynamo with catcher and seeker, and also, many are swithching to 40 hp anyways. Tornadus EX would be a much better replacement for Regigigas because it helps counter your fighting weakness and can discard energy.I would add another tynamo for consistency and a thundurus because hes great early game. I personally would take out the sages for more draw support (Pont/N) and I would rather have more junk arms than 2 and so I think that ultra balls could be taken out for them because everything in your deck is searchable by dual/level ball and junk arms cannot only discard energy, but also grab you a key trainer late game.

Thanks for all the suggestion's guys,atm i have inlcuded Tornadus EX in there for Regigigas and tooken out my normal tornadus for an extra Super Rod as I realy enjoy using it and also since i only run 1 mewtwo can get back my mewtwo realy fast.For the time being im keeping in the Collectors as i do think they work in the deck,i am though going to change after rotation.Hopefully going to 2 Battleroads this weekend,so hopefully get some luck there with the victory cups!

Dark Giratina said:
Try adding in Mewtwo EX. Run at least 2 of it. In my testing, I've found it to be an effective secondary attacker against CMT.

Easier said than done my friend, you start a Mewtwo War and it's an automatic 2 prize tradeoff even against CMT If you're running ZekEels. That 2 prize tradeoff cost me the game cause my Opponent managed to X Ball my Tornadus EX for game cause I couldn't get any other Basics out or attach more energies on them.

Ok Guy's,im hopefully heading to Nationals 2012 this year, and ive decided to use ZekEels- But im adding in Terrakion,since dark deck's seem to be a realy good option at the moment,and if I can get in on defeating mirrors and Dark Decks(Dark Rush,Tornadus/ Darkrai EX etc) i should have a chance.im thinking of using also 2 more random recivers and cutting the Supporter line down abit since TCGZapdos used this method and came 2nd in Belgium Nats.

Back