Zekrom Eelektrick Ideas

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
After seeing the Eelektrick from noble victories I knew it would have some potential. I would like you guys to just throw out ideas nop matter how crazy the are on what cards would go in Zekrom Eelecktrick.
Some questions to start you off:
1. Are Pachirisu and Shaymin needed anymore?
2. Xtranciever, is it worth it?
3. Tornadus, dead or alive?

Remember, don't think twice, just post your ideas and let the deck build itself!

I'm not really seeing the synergy between the two, to be honest. Zekrom uses electric energy to attack, Elektrik gets it from the discard pile, but that's it. Zekrom doesn't actually discard energy with its attack, so to set up you'd still need Pachirisu and Shaymin with Elektrik to recover the energy from an OHKO. A 1-1 or 2-2 line of Elektrik could work to make ZPST more consistent, but it can be catchered up and starting with Tynamo isn't too great. I think Elektrik would work better with Raichu Prime or Thundurus.

Good points, but Pachi and Shaymin are very inconsistant, and eelektrick only puts energy on the bench. All I can say is I've built this deck and it beats Reshiphlosion.

Eelektrik could see play in a Raichu Prime deck, but I agree with Dark Void, Zekrom has no synergy with it. Zekrom EX, maybe, but not Zekrom.

And without pachi/shay, Zekrom loses its speed, which is what it banks on to win games.

The problem I see with the above posts are that you're looking at it as ZPS not Zekrom Elektrick. Yes, it seems to have little synergy, but it is very fast and consistant. Just look at it as a reshiphlosion. Puts damage on you with bolt strike, attaches energy quickly, and does CONSISTANT damage. The only difference is it is faster.

No offense, but its plain bad.

ZPST tries to get out a turn one Zekrom to donk or disrupt the opponents setup. With Eelektrick, you lost the chance of the quick setup, because a stage 1 is needed.

Starting with the basic form is bad, and the card takes up space that could be occupied by other important tech cards.

Mistype. I knew that, sorry. A stage 1 needed to setup is still bad for a turn 1 deck.

I could see potential next format for it, especially in advent of Zekrom EX, but I think Raichu will be better with Eelectrik for now.

To address the other question, I do not think Xtransceiver will be worth it at all. You need to flip to get anything to work. Granted, you can choose this card, and you can whiff on Pokegear, but given the large number of supporters in our current format, and the majority of them draw, there's a very low chance of not getting something useful. Xtransceiver on the other hand is guaranteed to fail about half the time. Lack of flip made Catcher better than Reversal, and while Pokegear has drawbacks too, it's going to be way better than Xtransceiver ever will be.

Tornadus isn't going to be dead either. Something needs to cover weakness.

This thing is hindered by:

-40HP basic just screams bad Yanmega matchup.
-It has a bulky retreat cost and is a Catcher stall liability. It can't use its Ability to get itself out of the active more easily.
-It can only attach to the bench. So, you can't lose your first Zekrom, promote another Zekrom, and charge it. This means you need free retreaters, on top of a bulky support line.
-90HP is pretty easy to Catcher KO.
-A Tornadus/Pachirisu/Shaymin engine can keep you in control of your energy just as easily.

ZPST already had a good TyRam matchup. Try testing the deck against its bad/even matchups (Gothitelle, googlebox, Magneboar, Yanmega/Magnezone, Donphan+Dragons) and see if the card actually makes a difference.

Back