• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Zekeels

Sleeping Snorlax

Aspiring Trainer
So my states is next weekend and I decided that Magnezone doesn't cut it anymore :/ Here is a Zekrom list I just threw together.

Pokemon:
2 Zekrom EX
2 Zekrom non EX
2 Thundurus
4-3 Eelektrik (two 30 hp tynamo)
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Terrakion

T/S/S
4 Pokemon Collector
3 Level Ball
4 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Eviolite
3 Oak's new theory
3 Switch
2 Juniper
3 Sage's Training

Energy
10 Lightning
2 Fighting
4 DCE

Now I have been playing Magnezone and other Trainer lock decks for so long, I may be a tad rusty with my build. This is your standard Zekeels and Terrakion tech. Any help is appriciated.

I don't like Communication in this deck. It has never really been too useful, so I would drop it.

I would also use another Zekrom or Thundurus because they are very useful, especially against CMT.

I would only use 1 Zekrom EX. It has it's times, but 1 is enough.

I would also bump up the Catcher line. Catcher is really useful for taking easy prizes.

-1 Zekrom EX
-2 Comm
+1 Catcher
+1 Zekrom
+1 Thundurus

Glaceon said:
I don't like Communication in this deck. It has never really been too useful, so I would drop it.

I would also use another Zekrom or Thundurus because they are very useful, especially against CMT.

I would only use 1 Zekrom EX. It has it's times, but 1 is enough.

I would also bump up the Catcher line. Catcher is really useful for taking easy prizes.

-1 Zekrom EX
-2 Comm
+1 Catcher
+1 Zekrom
+1 Thundurus
Alright thanks. I'll look into that :)

IMO Stunfisk is more consistent than terrakion.

-2 terrakion
-2 fighting energy

+2 Stunfisk
+2 Catcher/Zekrom/Eviolite/Rocky Helmet

No, stick with Terrakion. Terrakion can ko more Pokémon, and is plenty consistent.

The first things I see wrong with this list are Pokemon Communication and only 3-3 Tynamo. This deck doesn't need Pokemon Communication one bit, since you'll only be using Level Balls, Dual Ball, and Pokemon Collectors to get out stuff. To be honest, I have never seen a list play even one of these, and you have Level Ball anyways. It would be smart to add in 2 more Sage's Training to get stuff out, too, while discarding the bad stuff.

3-3 Tynamo is bad because once they Catcher up even one Tynamo and KO it, you're dead meat. I also should note that Super Rod isn't needed, because you're only going to have one easy prize left to draw by the time you play it. Even if they Catcher up your Eelektrik, that is one of the reasons that 3 Switch are played in this deck, right?

Also, add a Pokemon Catcher. This deck is great for getting easy KO's and wins, therefore you are going to need 3 Catchers and 4 Junk Arms.

-1 Super Rod (Not needed)
-2 Pokemon Communication (Also not needed because of Collector/Level Ball)
-1 Juniper (For another Sage's Training - an easy way to get Lightning Energy Discarded)

+1 Pokemon Catcher (Cheap KO's)
+1 Tynamo (To avoid sacrificing your others)
+1 Switch (Don't want a Terrakion stuck active)
+1 Sage's Training (To get what you want and discard energies)​

I understand how you could say stunfisk would be good but stick with terrakion

I used to run terrakion in mine but i found it to be not used even when i went up against a pure terrakion deck. So what i did was i took it out and ran plus powers instead. I found that I would always do 120 to a pokemon with 130 or 100 to a pokemon with 110, since most of the decks in format right now have easy catcher bait that has 110, 90, 130, 170 Hp i found pus powers to more of a help than anything

I agree with xXLANTURNPRIMEXx, Pluspower's do help a lot. I run 2 in my list. You should take out the Terrakion's for them. Terrakions can make this deck a little bit less consistent. I don't run them because consistency is key in all good decks.

Pluspower is really helpful if you have some tetrakion decks running around.

Back