• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ZekEels (BW-on)

Diet

In a dilemma
Hello everyone =)
I am looking to improve my ZekEels deck for '12-'13.
BTW what deck is best out of Darkrai Hydreigon, Garchomp Altaria, and ZekEels?

Pokemon 14
2x Zekrom
2x Raikou EX
4x Tynamo (2x Thunder Wave/2x 10 to bench)
4x Eelektrik
1x Tornadus EX
1x Mewtwo EX

Support 12
4x N
4x Professor Juniper
4x Bianca

Item 20
4x Ultra Ball
2x Level Ball
2x Random Receiver
4x Pokemon Catcher
1x Super Rod
2x Switch
2x Max Potion
3x Eviolite

Stadium 2
2x Sky Arrow Bridge

Energy 12
4x Double Colorless Energy
8x Lightning Energy

Take out a Tornadus EX and a Zekrom for 2 Mewtwo EX and take out a Super Rod for another Ultra Ball rather than that ur list looks solid and to answer ur question I think Garchomp is the best deck BW-on

Your list is very nice but you should add another Skyarrow because without Smeargle it's harder to get the 1-of cards.

Also, IMO Zekrom/Eelektrik and Darkrai/Hydreigon will be the 2 BDIFs for now.

@Dweaver Ok, thanks! =) 3x Zekrom would probably be too much xD
@Roronoa Zoro Thanks! =)

Hmm very diverse opinions on BDIFs....well at least now I have a list for all three =)

i think you should keep the tornadus ex because with the new bw on format garchomp will definitely run terrakion since it is a counter to zekeels plus garchomps attacks require fighting energy so terrakion is a perfect tech in that deck, so make a way to counter fighting with strong pokemon such as tornadus and shaymin ex

@owtwem222 Erm not too sure xD
I made a decklist for Garchomp Altaria, and I took out Terrakion because if you start out with just Terrakion, it kinda sucks. A lot. Garchomp Altaria is meant to have a Garchomp T3 and with Terrakion that could slow down the deck.
1x Tornadus EX is fine IMO. =P

Better yet Garchomp T2. I think the BDIF will still be Zeel and possibly Darkrai as well. As for Garchomp, it really hasn't been introduced into our meta yet, so who knows. Probably a lot of people will be playing it anyways cause it's the least expensive deck out there.

@Dweaver I'm wondering, why Mewtwo EX? Mewtwo EX isn't very good in BW-on due to no Shaymin.
@Mora Hmm ZekEels and Darkrai Hydreigon. Maybe I shouldn't play Garchomp Altaria. Garchomp Altaria is so fragile it's not funny (70 HP Altaria, Raikou EX=x_x)
I think I'm gonna run 2x Tornadus EX. Just in case of Terrakion EX.

^I'm probably going to play Garchomp. Either Garchomp, or Zeel. Garchomp has pretty good matchups against everything else. Darkrai you'll probably want to go for the Hydregons first cause there's no point in dealing 120-160 just to have it Max Potion'd off. And Raikou benchsniping gets in the way of what would be actually a slighly better matchup againat Zeel. But in the time it takes Raikou to KO two Altarias, you can 2HKO Raikou EX for two prizes. I don't think it'll be an autoloss or anything.

That being said, I wouldn't rule out Garchomp or take it lightly when you're playing Zeel. I certainly didn't mean to discourage you from playing it.

And one more thing, I personally don't like Tornadus cause of its Weakness... If you're really worried about Terrakion EX, perhaps Shaymin? You'd have to exchange DCE's for Prisms, of course, but nothing else can abuse them save Raikou not having to discard three, but the same can be done with Prisms, I believe.

^Haha, it's fine, thanks for the advice! =) At this moment I'm not sure which I will play out of the 3 decks. I like Garchomp a lot; the only thing I don't like is the fragility. If all Altarias are dead and I can't seem to pull into a Super Rod, then that would be bad. I do love the consistency of Garchomp Altaria however; T2/3 Garchomp is very pretty to me =)

Garchomp/Altaria isn't able to keep up with Darkrai/Hydreigon or Zekrom/Eelektrik. Zekrom/Eelektrik just uses Raikou to KO Altarias, and no, Garchomp can't 2HKO it because you should be running 3 Max Potions. You also have better attackers than them. The only advantage they have is the built-in search.

No need for x2 Tornadus-EX

deck above is very similar to mine and mine runs perfectly. (ego boost)

but the Terrakions are not scary, they are a GREAT card for sure, but the are not so scary you need to tech in x2 cards for them, A lower tech count with a Super Rod would be better if you truely are afraid of them.

as for SAB, i run 2 with 3 switches and i find it better
have run 3 SAB 2 Swtich, 1 SAB 2 switch, 1 SAB 3 switch and almost everything else
settled on 2 SAB 3 Swtich in the end.

Eels, i run 3-3 althought everyone cries about it, i have no issues with it, maybe 1 in every 10 games i dont get Eel turn 2-3.
4-3 on Eel would be better if i had room or was able to attend worlds.

I would run Mewtwo because he is kinda like a fighting counter againest terrakion. He can donk. He is really the only guy in the deck that can one shot Darkrai with enough energys. He is a Mewtwo counter to other Mewtwos. So if you go againest another Mewtwo you will have trouble killing it. Hope I helped :D

Ok, thanks for all the advice! =)
@Ronoroa Zoro Thank you for the advice on the BDIFs next season! =D
@Psy Thank you! I think I'm gonna run 1x Tornadus EX
@Dweaver Thank you! I'm gonna run 1x Mewtwo EX 1x Tornadus EX

Back