Zapdos (ND # 41) {4/11/12}

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
Card of the Day: Zapdos​

41-zapdos.jpg

Shallow and/or spam posts are not allowed.

I love this card. It won me my Top 16 game at States. It's amazing early game against ZekEel, just sniping the crap out of Tynamos. And hitting EX's on the bench for 50 before they come up and smash you in the face is great too, because then all of them are OHKO'd by a Zekrom if they are un-Eviolited with a PlusPower. Sadly, I don't think that I have the room for it in my ZekEel, I may have to replace it with a Smeargle for better early game consistency. I do like the card though, but most of the time its that irritating 61st card that you really want, but you need something else more.

Fighting Resistance is pretty snazy, but Lighting Weakness on a Lightning type is just LOL. Dude, I love how I can potentially Catcher in some heavy Pokemon with heavy cost attacks, and just start hammering away at the bench starting on Turn 2. Its quite a deadly (and annoying, I've been on the receiving end once!) strategy. Keep that heavy active immobilized with some Crush Hammer/Lost Removal, and some Junk Arms, and you've got one heck of a battle plan! Thundering Hurrican is completly flippy, which can be a bit of a turn off, but I honestly get to do 150 fairly enough that its worth the flips. I wonder though, if this card might've been better with lower damage output from Thundering Hurricane, but no flips.

I rather agree with Venosaur's assessment that Zapdos is really useful if it is ready at the right time but that something else always seems to be a higher priority. Even when I put it in my ZekEels deck something else always seems to be a higher priority for the energy whether that is your Zekroms, or Mewtwo or what have you. However I still keep one or two in my Electric decks for a very specific reason and its name is Cleffa. Ordinarily Cleffa and the other babies are sleeping roadblocks and you can easily lose a turn or two if they keep flipping tails for its wake up call. When it looks like that is going to happen I get the energy on Zapdos and start sniping their bench while the sleeping darling now protects me.

RichD said:
I rather agree with Venosaur's assessment that Zapdos is really useful if it is ready at the right time but that something else always seems to be a higher priority. Even when I put it in my ZekEels deck something else always seems to be a higher priority for the energy whether that is your Zekroms, or Mewtwo or what have you. However I still keep one or two in my Electric decks for a very specific reason and its name is Cleffa. Ordinarily Cleffa and the other babies are sleeping roadblocks and you can easily lose a turn or two if they keep flipping tails for its wake up call. When it looks like that is going to happen I get the energy on Zapdos and start sniping their bench while the sleeping darling now protects me.

Haha! Yes, another way to do it! Like I said before, Zapdos snipping the bench is heavy chaos.... I bet people will be taking out their Cleffa's in favor for more draw supporters:cool:.

Back