Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The Pokemon TCG Online Illustration Exhibition has debuted a mock-up Zacian card by Japanese illustrator Takumi Wada! It will not be a real card, as it’s only meant to promote the exhibition. It also doesn’t have promo numbering.

Zacian-Wada-300x169.jpg

As posted before, Takumi Wada is known for illustrating artwork for The Legend of Zelda franchise. He will design three card illustrations for this exhibit. The other two will debut on September 7th and September 22nd. He has never illustrated a Pokemon card before.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
So, the idea is to create art for a website that shows "high quality" art of cards from previous generations? How about this: REPRINT THEM! Forgive me for ranting but this is just completely pointless. I had a look at this "exhibit" and there is nothing exciting about it.

Hey everyone, want to revisit the old days but missed out on cards you want? No worry, pay a visit to this exhibit website and pretend to have these cards. No, we won't reprint these, but sit back and pretend to have them. Oooohhh aaaahhhhh wasn't that worth your time?

machamps_fifth_hand

Aspiring Trainer
To design a card, give it everything a card would have, for a card exhibition, to not print the card at all. I get they make plenty of money but come on

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
So, the idea is to create art for a website that shows "high quality" art of cards from previous generations? How about this: REPRINT THEM! Forgive me for ranting but this is just completely pointless. I had a look at this "exhibit" and there is nothing exciting about it.

Hey everyone, want to revisit the old days but missed out on cards you want? No worry, pay a visit to this exhibit website and pretend to have these cards. No, we won't reprint these, but sit back and pretend to have them. Oooohhh aaaahhhhh wasn't that worth your time?
You can't appreciate something unless you personally own it? That's self-evidently ridiculous.

ProfesserPopplio

Professional Air Breather

Damn, why don’t they paint the Mona Lisa 1000 more times because it ain’t worth going to a museum.
Your logic doesn’t make sense

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Damn, why don’t they paint the Mona Lisa 1000 more times because it ain’t worth going to a museum.
Your logic doesn’t make sense
Are you going to compare Mona Lisa with TCG artwork? YOUR logic doesn't make sense. FYI, this is not a museum, its a website. Two different things.

You can't appreciate something unless you personally own it? That's self-evidently ridiculous.
They are trading cards, not comparing it with other things.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
They are trading cards, not comparing it with other things.
They aren't trading cards? They're art that was featured on cards but the cards themselves aren't the focus of the digital gallery. If you can't appreciate an artist's art unless you own it yourself, people will naturally doubt the idea you care for it at all. I don't want to drag this out on WPM's discussion board but come on man.

The art gallery is amazing for, for the very first time, giving us digital high resolution images of the artwork, with the art in many cases being shown in full as opposed to anything that might've been cut off by the card's template frames, evolution boxes, text, etc. It's amazing and as someone who has been a fan of the art of the TCG since I first encountered the whole shebang, this is in many ways preferable to a few reprints here and there.

ProfesserPopplio

Professional Air Breather
Are you going to compare Mona Lisa with TCG artwork? YOUR logic doesn't make sense. FYI, this is not a museum, its a website. Two different things.
It’s a online museum, a collection of artwork. You complaining about reprinting a whole new set of these cards would be a good waste of the PCI. I do get where your doing from tho