Your First Pack or Good Pull

My first pull was a Base Set holo Chansey:

I was almost 8 years old when Pokémon started. I remember zapping through the cartoon channels and stopped at something that caught my attention, a white-red ball being thrown at a worm (episode 3). I was hooked right away, and I'm not sure when, but my parents gave me and my little brother each our first booster pack (unlimited edition English Base) soon after. In it was a holo Chansey. Although holo cards are of course always cool, as a kid I didn't really care about it all that much and just wanted more cards. Since everyone at school was bringing their cards and trading, I did as well. Some older kid (probably 9 or 10 years old
wUrDLoOznA4WRq9qdlnU.png
) offered me a Pidgey, Pidgeotto AND Vulpix for the Chansey. Since I wanted more cards, I traded 1 for 3 right away.
Two days later on the news they were talking about the Pokémon TCG hype. They said some collectors were willing to pay 100 Gulden (old Dutch currency) for some cards, and they showed Charizard and Chansey, rofl.. (Thinking back I have no idea if they meant first edition Shadowless perhaps, but I don't think the news reporter knew the difference either.) I still haven't regret trading it though, but when you see the card was worth 100 Gulden and I got it for three cards that were commonly available, it did cross my mind a lot of times, and thus I still remember it to this day. After that I've also always been more careful and thoughtful when trading, to some extent (hey, I was just a kid
vTfrS55r4NugG1yMUiU6.png
). I haven't made a lot of trades as a child, but most after that were positive for me, except for maybe one or two (like trading my mint from the booster Legendary Collection Reverse Holo Moltres for a lightly played Japanese Neo Genesis Holo Steelix.. sigh..)

EDIT: The second holo I fortunately still have today, and is still one of my favorite cards due to nostalgic memories, is the Jungle Set holo Jolteon.

Greetz,
Quuador

Last edited by a moderator:
The first Pokemon product I remember getting was the Team Plasma Deoxys tin. I don't remember getting anything good (besides the promo) but I remember being mad because my sister got a Kyurem-EX in her tin and I didn't get any EXs.:D

After begging and pleading with my mom I got a Jungle pack and a non-holo Flareon was my first rare.

My first holo was a Fossil Raichu. Raichu being my favourite Pokemon I treasured that card for a long time.

My first pack was a Lairon pack from EX Ruby & Sapphire. Was lucky enough to get a Sceptile holo, which is a really cool looking card.

I still have most of the cards from that pack.

I can't remember my first really good pull, but I do remember pulling the bottom half of Entei and Raikou LEGEND, a good 6 years ago. My 8 year old self also somehow managed to get his hands on some EX-series and pulled a couple Delta EXs.

My first holo was Alakazam back in base set, which is fitting since I believe it's card number 1 in the set haha

After my 15-year break from Pokémon (playing M:TG since nobody wanted to learn the rules to Pokémon back then) I pulled a Mega Mewtwo-Y (non full art) from my Celebi blisters.

First ever packs I opened was from a Mewtwo EX tin. Got a Trevenant EX and a Full Art Mega Gyarados EX! Beginner's luck!

I opened packs for the hell of it when I was a lot younger, but I don't remember anything amazing. I might have gotten a legend card. But after years of absence from the scene, I got a 3-pack blister from Walmart and pulled a silver Dialga. I got hooked back in ever since.

Back