Your First Pack or Good Pull

ArcanineKillz89

Aspiring Trainer
Do you guys remember your first ever pack and who the first rare card you ever got was?
I remember one of my first cards ever being a Machamp that I absolutely loved! And Charmander was instantly one of my favorites! Still love the excitement of opening packs of cards! Would love to some day open an entire booster box!

RE: Do You Remember Your First Pack?

Earliest one i can remember is Mewtwo from Base Set back in 1999 :)

I remember the first holo card I pulled from my very first pack. It was Base Set Venusaur and I got the pack really for no good reason, thinking I'd give the cards to my friends most likely. Instead I pulled that Base Set Venusaur and I really wanted to use it so later that evening I convinced my parents to get me the Overgrowth theme deck so my new Venusaur had a home and I had a deck to play.

Today I am the only one between the three of us who still have anything to do with Pokemon and I have an Overgrowth theme deck sitting around, minus one card (forget which one) so Venusaur could be in the deck. Sad to say it's not the original as the very original deck was stolen along with the other cards I had at that time in middle school gym.

Yeah my original set of cards was also stolen and i was heartbroken but I eventually got most back after buying cards and what not but it was never the same. So I feel your pain!

I actually got into Pokémon cards before watching the anime or playing the video games.I had other trading cards that I bought, collected, and traded with friends (the Marvel Metal cards being the coolest, definitely), so I guess it was a natural extension. The first real pack of cards I got... actually wasn't a real pack. :p It was a repackaged pack of only commons and uncommons from both Base Set and Jungle, but it was only a dollar. I bought it (along with some singles of Pokémon I thought were cool) at a card shop by my dad's work when my mom, sister, and I went up to visit him at work for an event. The only card I actually remember pulling from that pack was a Cubone, and I remember because I thought the art was super cute and I really liked it as a Pokémon.

I don't actually remember much about which cards I pulled when back in those early days, but the first card I was really, really, really happy to pull was a holo 1st Edition "Here Comes Team Rocket!" from the Team Rocket expansion because Team Rocket was always my favourite. <3

One of my first pulls was a holographic 2nd edition Charizard. I pretty much gave up on booster packs after this.

The first pack I bought was Emerging Powers, which I got both Pansear and Pansage, Crushing Hammer, an Unfezant rare, and a Mandibuzz rare reverse.

I don't remember my first pack specifically, but I know it was from base set. As far as my first card, one of the big kid middle schoolers was showing off his collection to us elementary kids, and he handed me a Charmander, it was the most amazing card to me, and I still have it.

1st booster pack ever I remember opening a 1st ed. Charizard. When I restarted playing on '13 it was a Zekrom EX FA.

I went to a Target with eight bucks with my friend and bought two booster packs, a Plasma Blast and Freeze. The first card I pulled was a Bagon and pulled a Blastoise holo and the next pack I pulled a Kingdra holo. I think we still have a video of it!

Also pulled a float stone, but I traded it without knowing if it was any good :(

Hmmm... I think my first pack was Emerging Powers, though if I remember correctly, it was just rubbish. I did later get given a bunch of EP-DRE 3 pack blisters, and I do remember pulling a FA Thunderous.

The earliest pack i remember?
That's an easy, while i don't remember what cards i got i the pack (I know i got at least one water type) i remember my mom getting me a base set pack from KB toys, and i remember sitting in front of the store on a bench opening the pack up.

Hmm the first cards I got were in the Dark Blast theme deck, but I think my first pack was an EX Holon Phantoms pack with Zangoose on the front. I got the Delta Raichu holo, which I still have today :)

First ever holographic rare I pulled was the Base Set Polywraith. That was probably the first pack we bought after getting the theme decks.

When I came back to Pokemon, bought a Reshiram EX tin and managed to pull a Regigigas EX. First booster I bought netted me a Kyogre EX from Dark Explorers. My friend was spewing after that.

I honestly don't remember, but it was probably the day I pulled the base set Charizard from a pack. Somehow, I don't remember much of that. I do remember getting really excited many years later when I got a Neo pack in Japanese from a mall stand and pulled a holo Lugia from it. I remember getting so excited, I was probably screaming in excitement and probably drew a lot of attention to myself in the middle of the mall. ^^'

I have to say, after opening two English booster boxes, I get way too excited for them hahaha! I just don't like all the extras I'm left with. Still fun to open, though. :p

I don't remember the first pack I opened, I own a bunch of cards from 15+ years ago. Shining Magikarp, Gengar and Mr. Mime Ex's, Reverse Base Set Charizard from Legendary Collection, multiple holos from the earlier sets.

But the earliest pack I remember opening would probably be from Aug 2013 when I started collecting again after many years. I bought 4 Plasma Freeze and 2 Boundaries Crossed packs and got Landorus Ex, Full Art Latios and 2 Dragonite Holos.

Back