Your favorite anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Anime Thread

I still have high hopes for Season 2 of Cardfight!! Vanguard, and as it turns out it's a Rescue Arc. The Clans that the Main Characters' decks are based on are Sealed from the Planet Cray and the only way to unseal them is by winning the next Vanguard Tournament and there's actually proof that Aichi and Kai will get their old decks back since Bushiroad recently spoiled some new cards for the Royal Paladin, Shadow Paladin, and Kagero Clans.

I heard it from someone on a different forum regarding the CFV Anime and he did a Online Search of upcoming CFV cards that haven't been released yet from Bushiroad. If they have done away with the Main Characters' old decks I'd almost lose my interest in the Anime and TCG entirely, still it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. Still looking forward to trying out the actual TCG once I get a couple of Starter Decks. That and it will take me awhile getting used to how Gold Paladins work in the Anime.

I was watching Cardfight!! Vangaurd when I noticed Sheryl, Cordelia, Ellie and Nero from Tantei Opera Milky Holmes walking down a sidewalk! XD

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g455/pokephotos/MilkyHolmesinCardfightVangaurd.png

I heard they appear in a few other episodes as well. (for those wondering about the black bars, I blocked out all the spoilers on the page)

When I was younger I was very much into OVAs and movies. Anime is very different now because of what people want to pay for, and I rarely find anything that is good to my palette. Is there anything out there today that is like the animu of ole? I've asked this on another forum before but only got flammed for being nostalgic, but 15 years ago isn't really nostalgic. Give it another 15 and we'll see.

PokeMedic said:
When I was younger I was very much into OVAs and movies. Anime is very different now because of what people want to pay for, and I rarely find anything that is good to my palette. Is there anything out there today that is like the animu of ole? I've asked this on another forum before but only got flammed for being nostalgic, but 15 years ago isn't really nostalgic. Give it another 15 and we'll see.

I'm confused. Are you asking for older anime or newer anime that's like old anime?

New anime that is like old anime.
What animes did you like, PokeMedic? And which new animes have you tried?

pokemedic the problem i have is 15 years ago i was only just born and i havnt seen the anime but if you now of any newish anime you liked i can try to suggest something.

has anyone seen an anime called deadman wonderland i just watched it and its the best anime ive seen this year so far

You'll be hardpressed to find alot of Modern Anime to be like Classic Anime from the 80's and 90's. Aside from Shonen Jump Series there really isn't a whole lot to choose from nowadays. Most of it is just slice of life, school, and dating oriented series with some fanservice thrown in here and there.

More proof that the divide between the American demographic and Japanese demographic of Anime/Manga has gotten worse over the course of a decade. It's alot like Hollywood in the U.S. nowadays, there's alot more misses but a few hits here and there and we all know Hollywood has run out of good ideas for good movies anymore.

Well, Clannad Kanon and Air were some pretty great "slice of life" anime, and they were fairly new.
Tantei Opera Milky Holmes is pretty adorable too. I have much reason to believe that there is still good modern anime out there.
FLCL, Wolf's Rain and Hetalia are all fairly modern good anime. As for older ones, my favorite has got to be Ginga Nagereboshi Gin or Coboy Bepop...or One Piece, even though that one's not really that old.
Though, it IS hard to find anime out there that's as creative as older anime, but I like how the art styles have evolved over the years. I love how it changes and varies with the artist. I'm very open minded when it comes to this stuff, and I believe there's always a good anime out there.
(I forgot to mention the grimdark-fanservicey Black Butler.)
Ouran High School Host Club is pretty nice.
But that's probably just me being a fangirl.

I know, it's OSO CUTE!!
I really want to get the Nendoroids for that series, they're so adorable!

AnimeUSA said:
I know, it's OSO CUTE!!
I really want to get the Nendoroids for that series, they're so adorable!

I just want the little Kamaboko (Fish Paste) figure that comes with the Sheyrl one! :3

anyone seen chrome shelled regios if you havnt i vary much recomend it great anime its a advanture monster based anime and is extremly good in my opinion.

My favourite anime is Bleach, as you can probably tell from my username. I havent really watched many diiferent animes, could anyone reccomend a good one?

BleachBoy45 said:
My favourite anime is Bleach, as you can probably tell from my username. I havent really watched many diiferent animes, could anyone reccomend a good one?
If you like Bleach, you should love One Piece.

There's hardly any good Anime to watch nowadays aside from One Piece. I think I've seen almost every good series except for Fist of the North Star although one of my friends suggested Elfen Lied but it's more in the lines of being messed up like Neon Genesis Evangelion.

try Kaiba. it and Gintama are like the only anime that came out semi-recently that I consider "excellent".

I like
(no order)
-Death Note
-One Piece
-Bleach
-Naruto (ish)
-Other fighting/smart anime
Death Note is my favourite, the story is so well written, I've read the series for about 6 times

Mobile Suit Gundam
Gundam 0080
Gundam 0083
Gundam 0079
Zeta Gundam
Patlabor
Super Dimenal Fortress Macross
Dominion
Ghost in the Shell (as a whole)
Galaxy Express 999
Venus Wars
Record of Lodoss War
Berserk
Vampire Hunter D
Appleseed
Whatever else, it goes on and on.

I was into darker things as well as modern things. I loved robots and mecha, but just having robots and mecha alone didn't mean I could get into it. Gurran Lagan has robots and mecha, but it's so ridiculous that I can't enjoy it. That's my big complaint about anime today: it's so freaking ridiculous, it tries so hard to get and hold my attention, that it has the exact opposite effect on me. I was so into anime and then it just became what it is because of what the market demands of it. Too much uguu kawaii desu nimu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back