• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

You Taste Good...(Wailord)

Pokemunkulys

Pokebeach Veteran
24 Pokemon:
4 - 4 Wailord TR
1 - 1 - 1 - 1 Flygon LV. X RR
1 - 1 Bronzong SF
1 - 1 - 1 Nidoqueen RR
4 Spiritomb AR
1 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA

25 Trainers, Supporters, Stadiums
3 Broken Time Space
3 Seeker
2 Bebe's Search
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokehealer +
1 VS Seeker
1 Palmer's Contribution
1 Luxury Ball
2 Expert Belt
1 Junk Arm

11 Energy:
6 Water Energy
4 Rescue Energy

Strategy: Set up while semi-locking with Spiritomb a Wailord and start attaching energies with Bronzong (Normal attach, Bronzong to get them). Then use Swallow up and when Wailord takes too much damage freetreat with Metagross, and/or Scoop Up somehow. With Nidoqueen, it can survive Luxrays and other Lightning types.

I would take out the Metagross line, since you can just add warp points instead, and if your trying to tank, don't reduce your HP.

Problem with Warp Points is they aren't searchable, not to mention they only work once. Also, I won't always have an Expert Belt, so this way I OHKO Garchomps, Luxrays, and Dialga G's.

I have to agree with Minimidget, Metagross is extremely clunky, and reducing your HP when Wailord is a terrible attacker to begin with is counter-intuitive to say the least.

4 Seeker AND SSU?
Hurm.
Mayhaps take out 2 Seeker, Metagross SV, and add in another Metagross UL, another Communication and another E Belt?

Other than that, it looks pretty sweet.

Okies...

Replacing Metagrosses
-1 Seeker
+1 Expert Belt

EDIT:
-1 Pokemon Communication
+1 Pokemon Collector

Spiritomb deck =P

instead of metagross, I say you use flygon. It has more cripling attacks and a similar poke-body. Instead of having a psychic energy on everybody, just put 1 water and 1 psychic onto flygon. And flygon also has a killer lv x.

Flygon's an idea, but then I'd need to put energies on it. Which means I'd need more of them. So...

-2 - 2 - 2 Metagross UL
+1 - 1 - 1 - 1 Flygon LV. X RR
-3 Psychic Energy
-2 Warp Energy
+4 Rescue/Call Energy

Should I play Rescue or Call?

I say you use rescue energy. With all the trainers/supporters used in this, you won't need to use it. Maybe 1 call and 3 rescue. Just in case.

@carlitosbob what?

@other guy Luxray GL LV. X is not enough of a threat to this deck to justify an Exploud, as it is not a OHKO.

"+4 Rescue/Call Energy

Should I play Rescue or Call?"
I said play rescue energy because of all the collectors, communication, bebe's, and even a lux ball. A call energy would be a waste of an attack. But just in case you don't have one of those cards in your hand (which is not likely) use 1 call. Rescue energy will help you more

I like the idea. Reminds me of Tangrowth Deck I used to play. Anyways, I agree that you should drop the Metagross line for flygon, Flygon will give you free retreat, something to take out their stadiums with (Lost World if your lucky) and the X will nuke their Level x's and disrupt their deck. I dont think you need 4 collectors, 3 is more then enough. I dont really see the use of call energy but Rescue is a good idea should your Nidoqueen get killed. You could just Palmer it though.

Like you said, I would:
-2-2-2 Metagross
for +1-1-1-1 Flygon
and + 2 DCE
-3 {P} and 1 Collector
for + 2 Rescue (3 If you really need)
and +1 Bebe (To pull out the evolutions you need to utilize your BTS)
That leaves you room to add in something else (another rescue perhaps). I would also consider dropping a spiritomb as your main attacker is a stage 1 and shouldn't take long to set up. You don't want 3 more of them clogging up your hand (Hurl into Darkness) or clogging your bench waiting to be Sniped or Bright Looked.

Hope that Helps.

Edit: You could also look into adding some Poke Healers, that way you don't have to Scoop and restack all that energy. You can just heal for 80 and let nidoqueen get the rest.

@carlitosbob:
It is inefficient to play less than 4 Call Energy or Rescue Energy. I run zero of the only card capable of searching for them (Besides Poke Drawer +'s and Twins). How would I get the 1 Call Energy? However, as the reaction is overwhelmingly Rescue, I have decided to go in that direction.

-4 Rescue/Call Energy
+4 Rescue Energy

@Maccavetti
DCE is good for Flygon, but as I only play 1 - 1 - 1 - 1, it is not worth including as Wailord cannot use it for its main attack. Also, Spiritomb is great because I run two Stage 2 techs, and so I can set them up without Rare Candies. I see now that I forgot to edit my OP, so I will do that. However, with 4 Seekers and free retreat, this should be a better fit for the deck:

-4 Super Scoop Up
+4 Pokehealer +

EDIT: Also replaced one of the VS Seekers with a Junk Arm; It goes well with Pokehealer +'s, and can discard pesky Spiritombs in the hand.

Back