Yet More Charizard-EX, ‘Wild Blaze’ Cards Revelaled [2/14]

At least with Fairy Garden Goodra has free retreat so it shouldn't be a problem to cover it's weakness with Cobalion EX seeing as there's not very many good Steel-Types in the TCG right now aside from Jirachi EX.

Ohgod, that Full Art Lysandre is so beautiful! <3 I almost missed it until I saw the post up on FB, since I often don't recheck articles for edits. I so hope to pull one; I figure I'm due since I didn't get any FAs in XY1. :D

Eron said:
goodra-wild-blaze.jpg

It needs Fairy to attack and is weak to Fairy... only Gen 6 logic mixed with TCG logic.
Well maybe, with a little support, it can have some room in a hypotetical Water/Fairy deck, to stop both Mega Charizard EX (that will be so OP when FlashFire will be out)... and the ability is so good to me :)

RealSlim said:
Eron said:
goodra-wild-blaze.jpg

It needs Fairy to attack and is weak to Fairy... only Gen 6 logic mixed with TCG logic.
Well maybe, with a little support, it can have some room in a hypotetical Water/Fairy deck, to stop both Mega Charizard EX (that will be so OP when FlashFire will be out)... and the ability is so good to me :)

But, if you have the Shadow Circle and attach the Dark energy to Charizard it wouldn't have weakness.

That's something we analyzed today at my league.

Eron said:
RealSlim said:

But, if you have the Shadow Circle and attach the Dark energy to Charizard it wouldn't have weakness.
That's right... maybe, if there's a Shadow Circle in play, you can Skyla--->Fairy Garden (or just luckily draw Fairy Garden thanks to a refresh card) to replace the Stadium in play and gain the free retreat cost... matches could be so varied

RealSlim said:
Eron said:
That's right... maybe, if there's a Shadow Circle in play, you can Skyla--->Fairy Garden (or just luckily draw Fairy Garden thanks to a refresh card) to replace the Stadium in play and gain the free retreat cost... matches could be so varied

Yeah, but discarding 5 cards is not so good so... needless to say. I would rather use the M-Charizard Y with the Transformer's cube (Protect Cube).

Eron said:
RealSlim said:

Yeah, but discarding 5 cards is not so good so... needless to say. I would rather use the M-Charizard Y with the Transformer's cube (Protect Cube).

Why discard 5 cards? Goodra's Dragon Pulse discards only 1 card from the top of your deck

RealSlim said:
Eron said:

Why discard 5 cards? Goodra's Dragon Pulse discards only 1 card from the top of your deck

I was talking about the M-Charizad EX X.

Eron said:
RealSlim said:

I was talking about the M-Charizad EX X.
Oh, yes, but we were talking about Goodra :) I know that M-Zard X EX will have a handicap than M-Zard Y EX, but I'm sure it will be played (maybe not in super high matches)

That Lysandre is kinda awesome :eek:
I'd rather pull a Pokémon FA instead, but I like this one better than the BW trainer FA. The more 'drawn' it looks, the happier I am.

How much support can one type get? Fire gets a beast attacker in M-Charizard EX Y, energy acceleration in blacksmith/flame torch. How are we meant to focus on anything else?

Well, the fact that there are 2 different M-Charizard-EX cards is somewhat good because it can act like in the games... If you use both, there's a small bit of unpredictability in there... Actually, you don't have to use both... If you play right, the opponent will have to guess which Mega you're using...

Pokewiz1999 said:
I'm scared to continue playing VirGen now... Whyyyyyyyy

Step 1: Don't play VirGen in the first place ever
Step 2: :y

I really do wonder how this will affect Grass decks...

Pokewiz1999 said:
I'm scared to continue playing VirGen now... Whyyyyyyyy

They had to do this one day, they made Water Decks OP^2 and they made VirGen OP^2 so they had to counter VirGen with something OP^2.

I'll probably keep playing it. Because:

1: Keldeo is good despite VirGen
2: I don't even know if Charizard will be that popular/good
3: This deck is the best I've ever played so why dump it over speculation?

Pokewiz1999 said:

Be sure it is and will be both popular and good... you know that RehiBoar is still in format.. and let's add it some Charizards... bye bye to VirGen. Actually I win to VirGens using Keldeo/Blastoise.

Eron said:
Pokewiz1999 said:

Be sure it is and will be both popular and good... you know that RehiBoar is still in format.. and let's add it some Charizards... bye bye to VirGen. Actually I win to VirGens using Keldeo/Blastoise.

My point exactly. I might be able to take Charizard if I play right. And I see next to no ReshiBoar in my area so. I just don't see the point in dumping it now over speculation.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Eron said:

My point exactly. I might be able to take Charizard if I play right. And I see next to no ReshiBoar in my area so. I just don't see the point in dumping it now over speculation.
Well, the thing here is that it depends in how many people use a deck in your are, if none is using or plans to use ReshiBoar then continue using VirGen.

Eron said:
Pokewiz1999 said:
Well, the thing here is that it depends in how many people use a deck in your are, if none is using or plans to use ReshiBoar then continue using VirGen.

We'll see what happens. And we may get yelled at because this is kind of off topic lol.

Back