Yearly spendings on games, cards, toys

More or Less

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CatreBird

N
I was wondering how much you guys spend. I spend an average of 5,000 dollars USD or more each year. I am also hoping to learn if my average spending is too much or enough. If it below then SPEND SPEND SPEND here I come.

$5,000? Have you gone mad? How old are you? That's a little over $400 each month. I'm already glad if I got about $40 available to spend on things each month (now I don't buy cards and toys, but still..). I suppose this is just trolling?

oh ye totes bro $5000 is like nothing and you should like totes spend like $10k every year becoz tahts wahtt all teh kul kids do..

Anyway seriously stupid question. Either you want people to be in awe of how much money you supposedly get to spend or you are really serious...
Honestly I'd feel sorry for you if you do spend that much because there are so many better things you could be spending and using your money on. Again as said it does depend on how old you are but honestly I'm 15 and I don't even have much time at all for games anymore.

So in conclusion over spend and I'd say most people would spend maybe $500 a year? Depending on what they need. Obviously if they are just starting out they'd spend more but for the average person they'd spend little over $500 IMO. I, myself only spend maybe $200 on games yearly.

I highly doubt you have a cool $500 bucks laying around for you to spend on Pokemon-related merchandise. As well, the poll is very biased to your opinion. Of course, unless someone is a high roller like yourself, they don't have the funds to even invest $100 in pokemon merchandise

And just to throw my cards on the table - I spend roughly between $1,200-1,500 monthly but I make $3,000 a month (note: it all goes to things I need to survive). Despite that, I still think I spend too much (though I DO need a new HD TV lol).

I'd say thats quite a bit too much. Between my sister and I, we probably get around 1000 in "fun" stuff annually. This includes Christmas, Birthdays, little things here and there, and things we buy on our own. I think you should cut the budget to at least a fifth of what you have now. Unless you're mew jadester, or are super rich, there are many better investments too put your money towards.

Dude, that is insane. And... you are probably not actually spending that much. Unless those trends about intelligence in America are true after all...
I spend probably 100-200 a year on games, but lately it's been much less. The last major spending on games was for NFS Carbon on the Wii a couple years ago. Everything else is pretty much gifts.

i only buy the main pokemon games, and maybe the ranger ones but thats it.

lol, $5,000 is way more than I've spent on toys/games/etc. in my entire life! Even now, as an adult, I still like to get some childhood merchandise like games and plushies, but I doubt I spend more than $250 a year if that on them.

Juliacoolo said:
there are many better investments too put your money towards.

IMO anyone who blows $5000 on toys and games is either filthy rich or plain doesn't know what a "better investment" is in the first place.

Personally...

Cards and toys I cut out a long time ago so no worries for me there. Games... well last year I pretty much got only Mass Effect 2 and Angry Birds the entire year cos I was saving up for a new laptop which cost a lot. My spending on games has diminished a lot ever since I reached the stage of life where having tons of games (even for cheap or free) wouldnt matter to me as I'd probably lack the time or effort to enjoy them all to the point where I feel that I actually got my money's worth out of each game.

5000 dollars?!?
That, my friend, is a VERY poor investment. Why pay so much money for toys when you could use that money for something more... productive!
I'm lucky to spend $150 a year, even though I'm probably not NEAR as old as you. (12)
Oh, and if you didn't know already, you are probably spending WAYYYYY too much, you shouldn't be spending that amount of money in TOYS.

You-must-be-new-here.jpg

Who invests in 5,000 dollars worth of games/toys, let alone in games and toys of a single franchise? I'd rather put that money towards a family vacation, or something like that. I probably spend about $500 dollars worth of video games a year (not including the very occasional video game bought by my mom/dad). I don't really buy toys, but in terms of toys such as electronic gadgets, I'm saving up for the next iPad, because kids, we all know that Apple has one up their sleeves for release later this year.

If I had $5,000 lying around, I'd probably be able to buy a couple of college textbooks (badum pssh).

So you admit to wasting $5000 that could have been used for something more significant,on pokemon.....I can understand taking a small sum of the total amount to splurge on other things but $5000 is way too much.It could have been used on things that you really need,pokemon is not one of them.That's a want,not a priority.

Honestly, I spend wayyy more then I should on this game, and card games in general. For cards, decks, sleeves, binders.. I had to spend like.. soo much last year.

...What exactly have you spent it on ._. How can you possibly spand $400 MONTHLY on pokemon stuff. Unless you buy like, a box of 1st edition base set or something a month, I don't see how you could possibly spend that much.

Maybe one day education systems will teach stuff like basic fiscal management at elementary levels. Children simply don't learn it by themselves anyway.

IMO teaching stuff like that beats learning things like chemistry or history. Not everyone will become a chemist or historian, but everyone does spend money.

^ that would probably be a small thing like most schools in Australia have Life Ed where they learn about things like drugs, sex etc. That could be implemented into Life Ed so that they do learn how to spend their money properly. If other countries don't than they should have something like that maybe once a week for just one period of 35minutes and then just have the other half of the period for like maybe an extra subject period.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have been thinking about that for a long time. I do agree that all these sciences may be necessary but fiscal responsibility is far more important. I'm not talking about the Economics class in 11th grade, I mean a whole class devoted to learning how to invest properly and spend the right amounts while having a secure income.

Back