Yanmega Prime?

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
OK, so I've had this idea for a while, but I've only just thought of how to use it.

You make use of Yanmega's insight Poké-Body to get effectively free attacks.
You assist him with Chatot (MD)'s Mimic, Judges and/or Copycats. Then, you add the usual assists (Uxie, BTS etc.) to create a deck.

I realise that your opponent will try to clear their hand, but if you play the cards right, you can get around that.

Basically, Insight means that as long as you and your opponent have the same number of cards in your hands, Yanmega's attacks cost nothing. Then, Sonicboom does 70 [n/a by w/r] and Linear Attack does 40 to one of their pokemon [w/r is n/a to benched].

Mimic [Chatot MD] lets you shuffle your hand into your deck and draw the same amount as your opponent.

As for the trainers, I think everyone should know what they do.

What are your thoughts? Are there any more cards that help you equal your opponent's number of cards in your hand?

Thanks!

EDIT: Please read the Player's Sandbox rules before posting. Provide a scan for Yanmega Prime. ~EspeonROX.
You could have added the scan, Espeon. ~Gliscor
Mah b Gliscor. ~EspeonROX.

Yanmega (Prime)

Could work. Wouldn't recommend Chatot though. Vs. Seeker is important, to reuse the Judge/Copycat.

you can use giratina let loose and some seeker to give the same effect as judge. Its helpful against certain matchups but giratina is a bit easier to re-use with seeker, SSU etc. I would run a mixture of everytyhing to ensure a constant amount of cards as your opponents, what some people don't realize with this deck is how disruptive it is. SPs can easily have 15+ cards in their hand at once and a single judge can put away all their hard work. Refreshing your opponents hand is deadly as even they can get the cards they need there is no way for them to play a decent strategy unles they get a lucky top deck

Wait a minute... what about Spiritomb TR? Forcing your opponent to have 6 could give you more options as far as using cards goes. Any thoughts?

Giratina does not work to create equal hands. Let Loose lets both players draw up to four cards, and you draw first. If your opponent decides to draw less, then you'll have to keep playing some more cards just to get an even hand.

@Glaceon I agree. Good thinking.

@Electabuzzy As Gliscor, says, it wouldn't be guaranteed, but good idea.

@Scizorliscious Again, a great point. I will take these all into consideration and maybe try to make a deck.

This deck had some success when it was played in florida winning a couple cities iirc.

It used 4 judge, 4 copycat and some vs seeker.

@#1weavile Ok, thanks.

@Gliscor I know this is off-topic, but how do you add scans?

@POKEV0RTEX
To add a scan you must follow these steps:
1. Save the image on your computer
2. Go to an image hosting site (eg. Imageshack, Tinypic)
3. Upload it
4. Keep going through until you reach a page where the screen is white except for the card scan
5. Copy the URL
6. Edit/Make a new post and click on the little button above the box where you type in. It looks like an earth with a chain in front of it. If you hover over it for awhile, it will say 'Inster Hyperlink'
7. Paste the URL into the box that appears
8. Type the name of the card (eg. Yanmega Prime) into the 2nd box that appears.

There's no need to save the picture, or to upload it to a image hosting site. All you have to do is:

* Go to the pokebeach front and find the scan you wish to use.

* Then right-click that image and click "copy image location".

*Go back to the forum and make a new thread or reply or whatever and in the post box you put
(This will post the actual image)

OR, if you want to post a link to the image then do all of step one & two but when you get to the post box, you press "Hyperlink" then paste the URL into the box.

OK, thanks, you two! I'll remember that for the future and not get another warning!

I've seen the deck in play at my League, and when it gets going the other guy is in trouble. Anything that gets played in a Grass Toolbox should be used here.

- Shaymin X
- Sunflora
- Expert Belt
- Green Shield Metapod

I've seen someone use this as a pair with Mightyena/Skunktank G combo. It worked well (I lost), and it seems very playable with a line of 3-4 copycats.

@Darkvoid57 An interesting combo, I'd not thought about that. I assume you mean the Platinum Mightyena, not the LA one. I've never actually come across the Platinum Mightyena before, but it's a good idea.

@ Gliscor

Running Giratina isn't a half bad idea even with that little catch... Many opponent's will be to "used to" maxing out their options, automatically drawing four cards before they even start thinking. But most of the time I'm willing to admit that your opponent will see through your little scheme and draw fewer cards. But isn't that also a great thing?? Limiting your opponent to 0-3 card hand is absolutely incredible and almost ensures that they will have trouble setting up on their next turn! Also, if your opponent decides to draw less, you might still be able to attach, simply burning off cards in your hand that you're able to play down. A secondary option is to include a secondary attacker (Donphan for instance), that you can retreat to and use as an emergency attacker for a low energy cost. If I were running Yanmega, I'd probably include a copy of this card. The retreat cost of this monster makes me a little uncertain though...

@Rarecandy Thanks, but are you talking about Yanmega Prime or the Let Loose Giratina?

im confused too. it does work but let loose giratina doesnt work very well since you draw first.

Back