XY8 \'BREAKthrough,\' XY8 English Products

redsky22

Aspiring Trainer
I hate those premium collection boxes. It costs over twice as much as buying the boosters separately here (8 boosters is $48, so $6 a pack and those boxes are $100) so if you want the promos you're paying colossal overs for them.

In fact, all of these boxes and blisters and other stuff that are "better value" in the US just cost more here. The ETB are $60, the 3-pack blisters cost anywhere from $20 to $25 depending on whether it's a pin or promo blister, the promo/coin blisters are $9, tins and figure/jumbo promo boxes are $35.

It's an absolute pain. Importing from other English-speaking regions is not worth it either due to shipping costs. It's ridiculous.

of course you could buy singles if you just wanted the promos.

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.
Chesnaught and Raichu BREAK are already revealed! Raichu's Translation of the Pokebeach and the English one are matched. While Chesnaught is not.
EPIC Pack art,cool Theme Decks including Raichu TD(Electric-Fire Deck) and Noivern TD(Psychic and Dark Deck),highest number of cards in XY8 and the symbol for this set is blurred.
Good Job,Pokebeach! Just keep up the good work.
I was surprise now.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Yeah, okay, cool, but when is the Legendary Holo Collection being released in English??
I don't think it will be released in English. Japan as usual keeps a lot of stuff to itself. For example we are on what promo XY75 or something around that and they are at over 130.

Simply because of that I have a feeling like Emboar vs. Togekiss decks this will not be released in English.

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.
Wow! M-Blaziken and M-Swapert box. For the 1st time ever in my life. 8 BOOSTERS IN ONE BOX!
Elite Trainer Boxes,good color selection for both Mewtwos and anyone will open these many times just like what I saw on YouTube and Opening ETB almost everyday.

M-Blaziken's Moonsault Blaze,Good!
M-Swampert's Strongarm Impact,EPIC!

Last edited by a moderator:

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Yeah, okay, cool, but when is the Legendary Holo Collection being released in English??

I don't think it will be released in English. Japan as usual keeps a lot of stuff to itself. For example we are on what promo XY75 or something around that and they are at over 130.

Simply because of that I have a feeling like Emboar vs. Togekiss decks this will not be released in English.

This was already announced about a month ago in this news post here. The "Legendary Collection Box" will be released on November 18th. We don't know all of the exact details, but we do know that at least some of the Legendary Holo Collection cards will be released in this box, including Pikachu EX, Hoopa EX, and 5 of the Legendary FA cards. It's possible that the rest will be released in that box, too, but we won't know for sure until we get some more product details.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Wow... that's a big set. Actually, as it stands, that's the fourth largest set of all time.

1st: Aquapolis - 186 cards
2nd: Skyridge - 182 cards
3rd: Expedition - 165
4th: BREAKthrough - Estimated at around 163 cards
5th: Legends Awakened - 142 cards

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
That's a very interesting Jirachi. No idea what deck it'd be good in, but I can see the first attack coming into play at some point...

SaiScott95

TCG Fanboy
Really nice to see that Hawlucha in blisters. Not that it wasn't already easily accessible, being only $2-3 on the secondary market anyway.

If Sableye didn't require a psychic energy (colorless instead), I could imagine some decks using it. You'll generally get 1-2 energy out of it, but sadly no damage done. But considering some types don't have a baby Yveltal, I could still see it being appreciated by some.

Simply don't see Celebi doing anything. If that spread damage were 20 each, then maybe. Which is quite unfortunate as that ability is somewhat interesting.

Jirachi would be nice if it weren't for the set having better special energy hate, like Assault Vest, and at least Cacturne has damage output (though very little), which honestly outweighs the fact it's stage 1. Plus, if people really want that much hate towards special energy specifically, they'd just run more enhanced hammers.

kai88

THE Aspiring Trainer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
my friends and i have wanted to see these for a while, so I'm glad there here! (finally)

dollyholly

Aspiring Trainer
GDI I'll hafta bribe my friend to buy the Swampert one just so I can get the jumbo card cuz that's all I want of that one. Fire pokemon all the way!

Pikachu6319

Scooby
The most disappointing thing about seeing Hawlucha as the other promo is they were doing pretty good with the last two sets in having all new cards. Potential trend broken. Oh well.