XY8 \'BREAKthrough,\' XY8 English Products

Totally getting both

Honestly, I don't think either art is bad. They're letting the artists go with their own stylistic takes on Pokemon more lately and I love it. It feels almost reminiscent of Red and Blue.

Here lies the person at pokemon who thought it was a good idea to market that promo mewtwo as a box promo....he was buried under 5 tons of said boxes that angry pokemon fans threw at him as the art work really sucked.

HA-HAHA! I am right. The Mewtwo that you revealed on time that E-BREAK was also revealed was the promo card for that box, and.... there are two them. With the same common attacks: Psy Bolt and Zen Blade, and having different artworks.
I imagine what XY number are these two?
It's a must-have.

Here lies the person at pokemon who thought it was a good idea to market that promo mewtwo as a box promo....he was buried under 5 tons of said boxes that angry pokemon fans threw at him as the art work really sucked.
Oh come on, it's not that bad. Sure, it looks a little unfinished and can use a touch up, especially on the tail, but it's not like its some half-assed scribble. There is skill and style in this artwork.

Apparently some people have managed to get BRT packs early from some US targets.
rmzt5oF.jpg

Anyone hear anything about this? I'd love to see what people pulled from the BRT packs if anyone actually got to buy any of these.

Last edited:
Finding this interesting:

rmzt5oF.jpg

Anyone hear anything about this? I'd love to see what people pulled from the BRT packs if anyone actually got to buy any of these.

well those BREAKthrough code cards are not going to be usable for a while. I wonder how many people got them though.

I really want to see if I can work this stadium card. Neither effect is useful but I think denying your opponent prize cards is great. You can also Paint Roller the stadium and draw a card while being defensive. Diffidently a skill based card that a few players will run. I'm looking forward to it.

I have not seen it in stores yet but I will have to double check tomorrow as that is when things tend to show up in Walmart and Target.

Woah where did those chespin and snorlax come from? Does that mean there's FOUR chespin in this set?

I DID see them at the nearest Target in my area, but was I able to buy either of them? No. Why? Because they said it "wasn't in their system." I'm so Jealous and Agitated at the same time! How were others ABLE when it wasn't in their system for me? That's what I wanna know!

Woah where did those chespin and snorlax come from? Does that mean there's FOUR chespin in this set?

Surprisingly no, still only including 3 Chespin in the set, they are not included the Legendary Holo Collection Chespin.

Also, omg WPM linked to my set list thread *fangirlscreams*

^The Legendary holo collection Chespin will be in the BREAKthrough Collector's Chest or whatever it is called along with Pikachu and Hoopa (XY-P 156 & 157)...

Back