XY Potential Decks and Game Breaking cards

The League Challenge was in Hamburg, Germany.

Round 1 vs. Beginner with Plasma / Reshiram / Zekrom - Easy match.
1-0

Round 2 vs. Darkrai / 1 Yveltal / 1 Absol - No Tool Scrappers and he wasn't that good.
2-0

Round 3 vs. Yeti - That was a very good german player, but I won (He N's me down to one, but I draw the laser).
3-0

Round 4 vs. Rayboar - He used his scrappers wisely but that was not enough.
4-0

I have some techs in this deck which I don't want to reveal till German Spring Regionals, but it makes fun to play and has definitely potential. It gets countered by Fluffychomp and Trevenant.

ViehTee said:
The League Challenge was in Hamburg, Germany.

Round 1 vs. Beginner with Plasma / Reshiram / Zekrom - Easy match.
1-0

Round 2 vs. Darkrai / 1 Yveltal / 1 Absol - No Tool Scrappers and he wasn't that good.
2-0

Round 3 vs. Yeti - That was a very good german player, but I won (He N's me down to one, but I draw the laser).
3-0

Round 4 vs. Rayboar - He used his scrappers wisely but that was not enough.
4-0

I have some techs in this deck which I don't want to reveal till German Spring Regionals, but it makes fun to play and has definitely potential. It gets countered by Fluffychomp and Trevenant.

How does it deal with stuff like Sableye? They're going to just Junk Hunt for their Lasers and then eventually KO you. And a Dark Claw Yveltal OHKOs you. I guess it beats Yeti and anything that doesn't run Lasers but I fail to see how it consistently beats Darkrai. And that's a big problem now that it's a driving force in the meta.

I'm more concerned with how he goes up against Trevenant. That's going to see a bit of play as a Stage-1 Trainer Lock and you rely so much on that Laser for the extra damage. In four rounds and with the set being relatively new I doubt everyone has access to those particular cards but at a larger event I'm not sure if Gourgeist is going to make that large of a splash. I could very well be wrong, however.

Conzipe said:
Eviolite actually does have an advantage over Hard Charm (if the current translation is correct) since it can also reduce self-damage from attacks such as Zekrom's Bolt Strike. However Hard Charm certainly is a more splashable card.

Hard Charm is way more versatile than Eviolite because it applies to stage 1's and 2's. Fairies are the type getting the best support this set, but could we see a resurgence of the fire type with Flash Fire.

So today I tried out my new deck at "The Only Game In Town" in Somerville NJ, which allowed XY cards for their League Challenge. I don't want to give away much of the deck, but it runs new XY stuff like Aromatisse, Muscle Band, and if you want to believe it or not Emolga EX (for Yveltal EX / Lugia EX). It also ran Rayquaza DV, Virizion EX, and Xerneas EX.

Round 1- Joe Figliano (Tool Drop)
I had a terrible start with Rayquaza, but I drew well enough that I could one shot the trubbish's with Rayquaza's second attack. When he misplayed and N's me to 5 I started to get going and sweeped his team.
1-0

Round 2- Max Kevelson (Mewtwo EX / Crobat?)
I really kind of forget how this match went, but I remember once I got set up it was an easy win.
2-0

Round 3- Nick Moffitt (Blastoise / Keldeo / Delphox)
I liked playing this opponent a lot, but I thought he was going to win from the get go. He got up a turn 3 blastoise, delphox, an almost set up Keldeo EX, and a benched BKEX. With my OK start I thought I was doomed. He takes 3 prizes and wipes most of my energy, but then I bench my 'Quaza and OHKO his BKEX. He return kills with Keldeo EX. Then I top-deck return kill with Virizion EX and Band (had 30 damage on it already from Xerneas EX). He brings up mini Black Kyurem and for some reasons wastes a whole bunch of cards to set up another Delphox, realizing that if he Mystical Fire's then he decks out. So he can only use mini BK's first attack. I bring up Xerneas EX and OHKO it. He then has nothing else to attack with and loses next turn. This game was probably the most nerve-wracking of the day.
3-0

Round 4- Christian Ciochou? (Darkrai / Yveltal / Hydreigon)
What was funny was before this match he had a deck check and one of his Deino's were mis-named, so he had to replace it with a darkness energy. I thought I had a terrible start at first with an Emolga EX, but when I saw he place down a Yveltal EX (he had saybleye and Darkrai down) I was jumping of joy on the inside! I managed to get a pretty good set up and started rolling. Unfortunately he tried every turn to get a Hydreigon up, but it literally never got there the whole game. That helped me a lot, and I managed to win even through his stalling in round 1 of time.
4-0

As the only 4-0, I know I make the cut and will probably win.

Round 5- Nadia Bakky (Blastoise)
I scooped to her, as a 3-1 before because I knew it wouldn't matter if I won and she lost, and we are good friends anyways. We played a fun game anyways. She pretty much had the game from the start and I had a bad set up, so I was happy I had already conceded in the first place (she got 3rd luckily).
4-1

There was a whole variety of decks. I saw many Darkrai / Yveltals from Seniors, and a lot of Rayboar / Delphox from the Masters. There were more Blastoise from Seniors and Trevenant decks from Masters. Empoleon was pretty scarce, I think the deck will die out by next format. I only saw 1 DarkGarb and 2 Plasma. I think both are viable choices but just weren't shown today. VirGen was also prevalent in the Masters. Some Hydreigons loomed around both groups.

ECHOxLegend said:
I think I'm going trevenant Accelgor, once it sets up its only two weaknesses are team flare grunts and someone with two keldeos, so I will only have to fear blastoise to a degree and someone who decided they really need the team flare grunts.

Yeah, but trevenant accelgor has no chance of success because trev is weak to dark. lol:):p:)

Conzipe said:
Raichu... does it remind anyone of Cinccino B/W? I really liked using this card when it was around, so I'm happy to see that it's getting a sort of reprint. The cards I find scariest from the set is Yveltal EX and Trevenant. I'm not too happy that either of these cards are being printed. It's not like Darkrai decks needs more potential support. While having such easy access to a one-sided trainer lock can create all kinds of different problems. Another card that could potentially ruin games in the future would be Red Card. By itself it's a pretty powerful sort of disruption, however with the right support it could be outright game breaking. For example if a convenient way to discard/shuffle in 2-3 cards from the opponents hand is put into the game then it could easily leave you top decking turn 1. Two cards I'm looking forward to using would be two of the new starters, Greninja and Delphox.

Does Dugtrio remind anyone of donphan Prime. 1 for 60 +10 to all benched. Rogue Dugtrio reuniclus zekrom deck already formulating.

Back