XY Potential Decks and Game Breaking cards

I can completely see red card in a saybleye/hammers deck. 4 sableye, 4 crushing hammers, 4 enhanced hammers, dowsing machine and, 2-4 team flare grunt (discard energy supporter) could have a nice little troll deck.

Cortel II said:
I can completely see red card in a saybleye/hammers deck. 4 sableye, 4 crushing hammers, 4 enhanced hammers, dowsing machine and, 2-4 team flare grunt (discard energy supporter) could have a nice little troll deck.

As long as we've got Crushing Hammer, I don't think Flare Grunt is needed at all. Just Junk Hunt hammers and you'll be fine.

lanman99 said:
Can you say speed hydreigon/darkrai/yveltal?

Speed? I really doubt anything with a Stage 2 can be "speed" besides Garchomp, that has a Built-in search engine in Gabite.

Serperior said:
Yeah, I'm afraid that Trevenant and Gothitelle would be monotonous and unnecessary. I'm thinking, if anything, a bunch of Laser, Hammers, Triad even, and Red Card.

Xerneas with Geo Impact and Aromatisse will be interesting.

Well now that you mention it, Gothitelle being paired with Trevenant isn't as good as I'd thought it'd be since you need a way to draw prizes while stalling against your Opponent with Item Lock and that's one of the reasons why Accelgor is so good with Gothitelle due to it's access to Laserbank.

I see a Blastoise/Keldeo deck with 4 Professor's Letter, those are better than using Cilan.

^I plan on ditching my E-search and Cilan for two equivalent, non supporter, searches. Trevenant would have a monstrous problem with Darkrai though. I figure that with so much Absol/Darkrai in format, trevenant would just get one OHKO in response to item lock. XD, but my last meta calls weren't worth a crap, so I suppose that we'll see.

Game breaking cards:
Super potion
Red card
Muscle Band
Evolution Soda
Trevenant

I am excited for Super Potion the most.

The trainers are really catching my eye. Team flare grunt and red card, cards like that give off the feel of a chaotic-control type deck to be built.

Trevenant is definitely OP imo, especially against Darkrai. But isn't anyone running Garbo-Darkrai? I am... and can anyone tell me what super potion does? I can't seem to find it

Super Potion removes 6 damage counters from a pokemon but requires a discard.

I just realized how good Delphox can be, even as a 1-1 line in a stage 2 deck.

bulbasuar17 said:
Trevenant is definitely OP imo, especially against Darkrai. But isn't anyone running Garbo-Darkrai? I am... and can anyone tell me what super potion does? I can't seem to find it

Super Potion heals 60 damage and discard 1 energy. I don't know could it be used if that pokemon has no any energy before english card will be shown.

Yveltal EX is worse against Trevenent for sure, but it could be good agaist TDK or any other which needs items

Trevenant is the only game breaking card in the set. Most of the EX's suck. Yveltal is very good. Fairy with all the support via Fairy Garden, Aromatisse, both Xerneas and maybe Slurpuff is a very strong new archetype. The dark stadium is just stupid. Dark is waaaay too good already, and gets buffed waaaay more with both Yveltals, and now you take away the weaknesses of dark types! Darkrai was just reprinted so no rotated Darkrai. Am I the only one who realizes how absurd dark is now. Oh and now that I think about it, the "only game breaking card in the set" is, guess what? WEAK TO DARK!

/end rant lol

Fairy has resistance to dark though... Fairy will be tier 1.5 to 2 deck next format.

grantm1999 said:
Trevenant is the only game breaking card in the set. Most of the EX's suck. Yveltal is very good. Fairy with all the support via Fairy Garden, Aromatisse, both Xerneas and maybe Slurpuff is a very strong new archetype. The dark stadium is just stupid. Dark is waaaay too good already, and gets buffed waaaay more with both Yveltals, and now you take away the weaknesses of dark types! Darkrai was just reprinted so no rotated Darkrai. Am I the only one who realizes how absurd dark is now. Oh and now that I think about it, the "only game breaking card in the set" is, guess what? WEAK TO DARK!

/end rant lol
Those fairies though... They resist Dark and honestly have a pretty solid Darkrai matchup. Not saying it's not winnable for the Darkrai player but fairies have the advantage. Fairies will be tier one in my opinion and can only get better (they will be insane once they get a good attacker).

JungleBeatz said:
Game breaking cards:
Super potion
Red card
Muscle Band
Evolution Soda
Trevenant

Not so sure on this list. The format seems to become more and more ohko oriented. Super Potion does not work well in such a format. Muscle Band and Red card on the other hand are indeed good. Trevenant still needs a good partner and the darkness weakness will remain to be an issue.

Dark Espeon said:
JungleBeatz said:
Game breaking cards:
Super potion
Red card
Muscle Band
Evolution Soda
Trevenant

Not so sure on this list. The format seems to become more and more ohko oriented. Super Potion does not work well in such a format. Muscle Band and Red card on the other hand are indeed good. Trevenant still needs a good partner and the darkness weakness will remain to be an issue.
Not necessarily, not all decks are trying for OHKO. Decks like this would include any version of Darkrai, Empoleon/Dusk, Big Basics (Landorus/Mewtwo), Dragonite, Yeti. All these deck rely on spread damage or using a small bit of damage and then a heavy swing. So Super potion can upset them for 1 to 2 turns where they have their math all calculated out and then all the sudden out of left field, 6 points gone that they have to make up. Its possibly game break.

Also had a friend who went to Indy regionals in top 32 who played with several basic potions (heals 30hp). 30HP is game breaking especially on 170hp EXs and more over 180HP EX's.

Hi JungleBeatz,

That is the current format. Muscle Band can alter that trend. There will be several cards that can knock out the opponent in one hit with it. For instance Lugia EX will need three Deoxy EX benched to OHKO with Muscle Band. Snorlax can already do this with a full bench. Faries and Darkness decks can also OHKO with Muscle Band and Laser. There are also several other new Pokémon Ex that can hit harder than before. Max Potion could still be viable but not all decks can abuse it. I could be wrong but it looks like the format could switch to speed beatdown and ohkos with the new set and the Promo cards.

I think I'm going trevenant Accelgor, once it sets up its only two weaknesses are team flare grunts and someone with two keldeos, so I will only have to fear blastoise to a degree and someone who decided they really need the team flare grunts.

Back