XY-P Darkrai, Pikachu Promos

I NEED THOSE PIKACHU'S FOR COLLECTION.

On a second note There is going to be a bunch of Yveltal/Darkrai decks out there

don()shinobi said:
(*coughagediscriminationcough*)
Then you'd get too many teens~adults playing a game for the sole purpose of getting a trading card.

I see it now, the japanese ebay sellers waiting for the kids to get their cards THEN give them a money offer they cant refuse

Hey here's an idea.
Why don't they just...

Give us a few of the promo cards as Pokemon League promos, or league challenge promos. Heck, why not give us serial codes for X/Y so we can get items or pokemon with egg moves!

8'D

instead of ya know

TCGO Codes that no one wants, really crappy prizes for topping, and cruddy promos ((Seriously, last good one I saw was N ))

ArceusTrainer said:
don()shinobi said:
Then you'd get too many teens~adults playing a game for the sole purpose of getting a trading card.

I see it now, the japanese ebay sellers waiting for the kids to get their cards THEN give them a money offer they cant refuse

You're wrong. They will offer them a dollar or two and then charge us like twenty dollars.

Familiar said:
ArceusTrainer said:

You're wrong. They will offer them a dollar or two and then charge us like twenty dollars.

Ah yes, just like comic stores.

Familiar said:
ArceusTrainer said:

idd, I have paid awful lot on cards with minimum effort to get

I love the artwork for Darkai's card. I don't collect JPNs cards, do you think they'll reprint this one in an English set?

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
pokedan24 said:
These cards would have been good... five years ago.

Wrong, it gives Raichu decks a 70HP Pikachu with only one retreat now.

I don't know if these Pikachu would be able to evolve into Raichu, though, just like, for example, Misty's Horsea couldn't evolve into a regular Seadra, or a Team Magma's Lairon couldn't evolve into an Aggron.

As the translation indicates the name is indeed "Pitch's Pikachu", regular Raichu cards won't "recognize" them anymore than if they were a Shinx.

The Darkrai doesn't look bad... in fact with the current card pool as of right now you could build a deck around it with great odds of triggering the second effect without using an attack to inflict Sleep. The caveat is that by the time you invest so much, you're not really coming out that far ahead. I don't know if the healing effect is supposed to be thematic, but its probably pretty superfluous as it won't matter against OHKOs and almost all decks that plan on 2HKOing will still easily hit hard enough to compensate.

Just seems easier to stick with Yveltal EX unless you really want to get into OHKO range w/o attacking using a Pokémon-EX.

Back