P!P/Rules XY-On Rotation Confirmed for 2016 Season

asdjklghty

-------------
A site I can't give a link to because of (DA RULES) confirmed the rotation after Worlds.

Kalos Starter Set-On.

Good news is Expanded is still here and is unchanged.

What are your thoughts on this? I like that Crushing Hammer is still in the format.

I'm actually not too happy about Crushing Hammer still being legal... but it was bound to get a reprint in some future set anyway.

Otherwise, extremely happy that it's officially XY-On. I've grown quite tired of Garbodor and Keldeo and Darkrai. And Mewtwo... but we're getting Lugia so he's sadly not completely gone.

But best of all: no more N!

Expanded becomes a very different beast with this rotation. We've got a lot of powerful cards condensed into a small area. I'm expecting to see people bring two entirely different decks to two day events with day 2 expanded, rather than just an expanded version of their standard deck.

Also, it's on pokemon.com. We can't mention other fan sites, but if we can't mention the official pokemon website as a source then we're in trouble

Also, it's on pokemon.com. We can't mention other fan sites, but if we can't mention the official pokemon website as a source then we're in trouble

Yes, you can mention and link to the Pokémon.com website, since that's an official source of news, in contrast to other fan sites. It's in the rules as well.

I'm actually not too happy about Crushing Hammer still being legal... but it was bound to get a reprint in some future set anyway.

Otherwise, extremely happy that it's officially XY-On. I've grown quite tired of Garbodor and Keldeo and Darkrai. And Mewtwo... but we're getting Lugia so he's sadly not completely gone.

But best of all: no more N!
Crushing Hammer isn't nearly as bad now that LTC has been banned. You'll still only statistically lose two energy all game if they run a full playset.

But yeah, I'm happy with the rotation. Mew EX is an unfortunate loss. Not for Night March, but for all the other lower-power cards that could have used a discounted attacker with Dimension Valley.

Still unhappy for Max Potion going away. It wasn't a game breaking card and was pretty balanced. It also hurts aromatisse who now will have to rely on either AZ, Cassius, or Super Potion (*shudder*).

R.I.P Mewtwo, my savior these last 3 seasons. Lugia will do, but it just won't be the same....

Good riddance laser is gone...

Yes! Finally, Sigilyph, Suicune, and Klingklang are gone. Now I have to worry about Hippowdon.

We basically lose Colress and N so it becomes a more Shaymin heavy format.
I'm really excited!

So much for the theory that LT would get a little more life.

I'll miss you, Colress, Fliptini, Keldeo-EX, Coballion-EX, Virizion-EX, Computer Search, Max Potion. Colress was just too good with Sky Field, and they only got to come together for a few short but glorious months.

Good riddance, Safeguard, N and LaserBank. I wonder if Max Potion or any of the Ace Specs will get reprints.

The next question is do I replace my own draw N's with Shauna or Birch's Observations? Or will something better come along? Ace Trainer is too situational to be more than a play-one-of.

Yes! Finally, Sigilyph, Suicune, and Klingklang are gone. Now I have to worry about Hippowdon.

We basically lose Colress and N so it becomes a more Shaymin heavy format.
I'm really excited!

That's not all. Still got that free retreat, OHKO on toad with a muscle band, switch your opponents active little devil, hitting for 100 damage. You know who I'm talking about.

Birches observations might actually see some use now that there aren't many other viable options for shuffling cards back into deck.
glad for laserbanks passing, feel sorry for Night March lovers that they loose Mew-ex just as they got a boost from the Trump Card banning, Keldeo will hit me hardest i reckon though, such a useful card. time to work on a Hippowdon deck as well i guess

Finally (and I mean it), no more Laserbank, Keldeo EX, Safegaurders, and Garbodor, I'm really excited for this :)

On the downside :(
R.I.P.
Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem
Victini EX
Darkrai EX
and mostly
Hydreigon DRX

How many sets are usually tossed out of the format when it changes?
I'm just asking because there were quite a few sets that were cast out of format this time around

They try to average 4 per rotation. Last time was 3, this time is 5. Basically you lose a year's worth of releases every year.

Back