• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format XY-On: M Sceptile EX / Shaymin EX / M Heracross EX

Mega Adi

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 13
  • 3 Sceptile EX AOR/BDR
  • 3 M Sceptile EX AOR/BDR
  • 2 Heracross EX
  • 2 M Heracross EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Virizion AOR/BDR
Trainers: 38
  • 4 Giant Plant Forest AOR/BDR
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 Sceptile Spirit Link AOR/BDR
  • 1 Ace Trainer AOR/BDR
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Switch
  • 2 Trainer's Mail
  • 2 Energy Retreival
  • 3 Battle Compresor
  • 3 Mega Turbo
Energy: 9
  • 9 Grass Energy
Strategy:

The main point of this deck is to use M Sceptile EX's attack Jagged Saber to do 100 damage, while at the same time pulling energies from your hand and placing it on Pokemon to fully restore there health. I run the M Heracross EX because of M Sceptile EX's attack Jagged Saber which allows me to fully restore M Heracross EX's health so I can hit for a 180 damage. I run 3 Mega Turbos and 1 Energy Retrieval instead of 4 Mega Turbos in case I need to put energies on a non Mega Pokemon, just in case I'm up against a Pokemon like Giratina EX which can't be hurt by Mega Pokemon. I run the Shaymin EX for draw support, and that is also why I am not running cards like Shauna. I appreciate all input.

Here is a link to all the Ancient Oringins/ Bandit Ring (AOR/BDR) card translations.
http://www.pokebeach.com/tcg/bandit-ring

Last edited:

Voxel

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, I've been thinking of making the same deck, so its good to see someone else who has a deck list. One thing I would change up with the deck is the supporters. I personally would put in 1 more Ace Trainer and either 2 more escape ropes or switches. Also, throwing in 2 energy recyclers from the new expansion would be a good idea for this deck, especially if a Pokemon gets KO'ed. You could probably take out the Pokemon Fan Clubs and maybe some Birch's as well to fit in the card suggestions, but other than that looks great. The reason I would suggest more switches/escape ropes is because it would make switching out and healing a much more viable plan.

Last edited:

Mega Adi

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, I've been thinking of making the same deck, so its good to see someone else who has a deck list. One thing I would change up with the deck is the supporters. I personally would put in 1 more Ace Trainer and either 2 more escape ropes or switches. Also, throwing in 2 energy recyclers from the new expansion would be a good idea for this deck, especially if a Trevenant gets KO'ed. You could probably take out the Pokemon Fan Clubs and maybe some Birch's as well to fit in the card suggestions, but other than that looks great. The reason I would suggest more switches/escape ropes is because it would make switching out and healing a much more viable plan.
I agree with your statement about the supporters but instead of adding an ace trainer I just put in two Shaymin EX because those are so powerful in the meta game right now. I also added one Energy Retrieval for a Grass Energy because you're right, in case one of my Pokemon gets KO'ed I need to get the energies back. Thanks for the input it helped a lot.

exxtrooper

Spooky spooky tree
You don't need spirit links as giant plant forrest actually works on m sceptile, just use 4 plant forrest instead, freeing up tool for sceptile

Chipadat

Garchomp Lover
-1 Virizion- You shouldn't need to worry about loosing Pokémon. Loosing energy should be a bigger concern.
-2 Shaymin- Sure it's a good card but in this deck, there are cards that are needed more.
-1 Evosoda- You have Giant Plant Forest and even Wally (if you want to run it) they're just more reliable cards.
-2 Pokémon Fan Club- I see how this can be useful but just ultra ball and other supporters should get the Pokémon you need just fine.
-4 Professor Birch's Observations- It may be useful after N but there are better alternatives.
-2 Shrine of Memories- Meh. I see how you like it but M Sceptile is for energy acceleration not for going back to Sceptile EX to attack for 130 when Trevenant EX can do loads more than that.
-3 Sceptile Spirit Link- Not needed if you have Giant Plant Forest.
+1 Trevenant EX- Very good attacker (in this deck) and you might want to run more.
+1 Giant Plant Forest- Extremely useful for the beginning of the game and is indeed a must.
+1 VS Seeker- This card is one of the best cards in the meta and 4 in every deck (in my opinion) is a must!
+1 Muscle Band- Tends' to be very useful and especially for M Sceptile to avoid Head Ringer's
+1 Trainer's Mail- Incredibly useful card for getting trainers, I thought it was stupid, but now that I play it, I like it a lot!
+1 Energy Retrieval- Most likely you're going to load up Trevenant EX, but once he's knocked out you loose a ton of energy! Also it's useful to battle compressor and then get the energy with the retrieval for M Sceptile's Attack.
+3 Mega Turbo- This is the best way to get energy on M Sceptile and get an attack on turn 1!
+2 Battle Compressor- Use it to discard a ton of energy and supporters if you want.
+2 Ace Trainers- an OP version of N and is great for late in the game.
+2 Shauna- I think it's better than birch, some people think otherwise. (Wish I could run more, couldn't find space)

I hope we can work on this list together because I've been wanting to make this deck ever since M Sceptile was reviled in Japan.

Mega Adi

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for the advice here are the changes I am going to make.

-1 Shaymin EX
-1 Virizion
-1 Evosoda
-2 Shrine of Memories
-3 Sceptile Spirit Link
+1 Trevenant EX
+2 Giant Plant Forest
+1 Energy Retrieval
+2 Mega Turbo
+2 Battle Compressor

I appreciate the input, and I also hope we can work to make a great M Sceptile EX deck list before it comes out.

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
I personally would put in 1 more Ace Trainer and either 2 more escape ropes or switches

I think so too, with just 2 switches you're more likely to get in trouble because of Lysandre or just a bad opening hand...

And Ace Trainers is a very good card, definitly a great combination with Battle Compressor and VS Seeker

Supa_Hot_Fire

Hoping for Shedinja Break...
-1 Virizion- You shouldn't need to worry about loosing Pokémon. Loosing energy should be a bigger concern.
-2 Shaymin- Sure it's a good card but in this deck, there are cards that are needed more.
-1 Evosoda- You have Giant Plant Forest and even Wally (if you want to run it) they're just more reliable cards.
-2 Pokémon Fan Club- I see how this can be useful but just ultra ball and other supporters should get the Pokémon you need just fine.
-4 Professor Birch's Observations- It may be useful after N but there are better alternatives.
-2 Shrine of Memories- Meh. I see how you like it but M Sceptile is for energy acceleration not for going back to Sceptile EX to attack for 130 when Trevenant EX can do loads more than that.
-3 Sceptile Spirit Link- Not needed if you have Giant Plant Forest.
+1 Trevenant EX- Very good attacker (in this deck) and you might want to run more.
+1 Giant Plant Forest- Extremely useful for the beginning of the game and is indeed a must.
+1 VS Seeker- This card is one of the best cards in the meta and 4 in every deck (in my opinion) is a must!
+1 Muscle Band- Tends' to be very useful and especially for M Sceptile to avoid Head Ringer's
+1 Trainer's Mail- Incredibly useful card for getting trainers, I thought it was stupid, but now that I play it, I like it a lot!
+1 Energy Retrieval- Most likely you're going to load up Trevenant EX, but once he's knocked out you loose a ton of energy! Also it's useful to battle compressor and then get the energy with the retrieval for M Sceptile's Attack.
+3 Mega Turbo- This is the best way to get energy on M Sceptile and get an attack on turn 1!
+2 Battle Compressor- Use it to discard a ton of energy and supporters if you want.
+2 Ace Trainers- an OP version of N and is great for late in the game.
+2 Shauna- I think it's better than birch, some people think otherwise. (Wish I could run more, couldn't find space)

I hope we can work on this list together because I've been wanting to make this deck ever since M Sceptile was reviled in Japan.

You still need the spirit links. Giant Plant Forest lets you evolve into M Sceptile whenever, but without spirit links, your turn would still end when you evolved. Spirit link can let you evolve and attack on the same turn.

-1 Giant Plant Forest
-2 Muscle Band
+3 Sceptile Spirit Link

Mega Adi

Aspiring Trainer
That is actually a really good point I never thought of that. Here are the changes I am going to make for the Sceptile Spirit Link.

-1 Giant Plant Forest
-1 Muscle Band
-1 Mega Turbo
+3 Sceptile Spirit Link

Thanks for the advice it really helps!

ProZlockie

Meow? Meow.
Looking at the original post, I see that you have Heracross Spirit Link listed. As far as I know that card doesn't exist, since spirit links were introduced in Phantom Forces and Heracross EX was released in Furious Fists. Also I did not see anyone else mention that. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Mega Adi

Aspiring Trainer
Thank you for bringing that to my attention, I wasn't even aware there was not a spirt link for M Heracross EX.