• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Xerneas BKT

festizzio

Desu
So this is an idea I've been working with for a little bit, it's working quite well so far and I really like the versatility it has.

Pokemon: 17
  • 4 Xerneas BKT
  • 2 Smeargle BKT
  • 2 Bronzor BKT
  • 2 Bronzong PHF
  • 1 Yveltal BKT
  • 1 Hawlucha FUF
  • 1 Dedenne FUF
  • 1 Pinsir BKT
  • 1 Druddigon FLF
  • 1 Remoraid BKT
  • 1 Octillery BKT
Trainers: 31
  • 3 Brigette
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 3 Professor's Letter
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 4 Sky Field
Energy: 12
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 3 Metal Energy
  • 3 Fairy Energy
  • 2 Rainbow Energy
Strategy:

The main strategy is to power up Xerneas and use its Rainbow Force attack to hit for 10 damage + 30 more for each different type on your bench. With 5 benched and a Muscle Band, I can hit between 180-210 to KO any non-mega, non-Wailord EX. 1-2 more and everything else dies. Very few of the Pokemon are meant to just sit the bench. Everyone is meant to attack at some point or fulfill some other function.

Currently I'm trying to fit in a Jirachi XY67 promo, but I'm not sure what to take out. This deck is incredibly fun to play.

I don't use Shaymin because he reduces my damage potential, and I haven't run into any draw problems thus far. No Golurk AT because I found it too difficult to evolve him consistently, and the energy commitment is much too high to use his attack. I can already reach those numbers easily using just Xerneas. I opted for Yveltal over a Zoroark line because I don't run Ultra Balls and Zoroark was rarely evolving.

Last edited:
Have you thought about adding shaymin EX? I think It would definitely help speed stuff up, because it would let you tap into search engines as a source of draw power. And on the topic of search engines, is there a reason behind no ultra balls?

Have you thought about adding shaymin EX? I think It would definitely help speed stuff up, because it would let you tap into search engines as a source of draw power. And on the topic of search engines, is there a reason behind no ultra balls?
I actually have a few reasons for no Shaymin and no Ultra Ball:

1. With Smeargle and Shaymin on the bench, my damage potential is significantly reduced. Would have to run Sky Field and use up 2-3 more spaces in the deck.
2. No reliable way to search Shaymin without adding Ultra Ball.
3. Bench fills up really, really fast with the use of Brigette, so hard to find actual, practical bench space for Shaymin.
4. In my testing, it doesn't feel necessary. All my Pokemon can attack for relatively low energy costs, so it doesn't require very much set up.
5. Ultra Ball would only be useful for Shaymin, since Brigette and VS Seeker get everything else easily.

After saying that, I could see adding a couple Level Balls search out Bronzong and some other basics if I needed to, but I have no clue what to remove.

One great recommendation to this deck is Golurk Ancient Trait: Its ability gives it both Psychic and Fighting Type, so it will power up Xerneas even more and saves bench space. It also can benefit from bronzong, as its attack only uses colorless, and it can one-hit the M Mewtwos and M Manectric.

this deck should aim to only attack with xerneas and occasionally zoroark this is my list
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 14

1 Druddigon FLF 70
2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
1 Zorua BKT 89
1 Zoroark BKT 91
4 Xerneas BKT 107
1 Celebi PR-XY XY93
1 Dedenne FFI 34
1 Jirachi PR-XY XY67
1 Jynx FFI 37
1 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20

Trainer Cards - 34

1 Switch HS 102
1 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 159
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
1 Super Rod BKT 149
2 Shauna PHF 104
1 Skyla BCR 149
1 Level Ball AOR 76
1 Escape Rope PRC 127
1 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
1 Brigette BKT 161
4 Sky Field ROS 89
2 Revive ROS 88
3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
2 Lysandre FLF 104
2 Float Stone BKT 137
3 Muscle Band XY 121
3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

Energy - 12

8 Fairy Energy Energy 9
4 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

These are my suggestions:

-1 Birch
-1 Dimension Valley
-1 Professor's Letter
-1 Battle compressor

+4 Skyfield

Skyfield I feel is very needed in this kind of deck to higher the damage like crazy. Also you could use ninetales to lock in the stadium and can lock other annoying stadiums.

One great recommendation to this deck is Golurk Ancient Trait: Its ability gives it both Psychic and Fighting Type, so it will power up Xerneas even more and saves bench space. It also can benefit from bronzong, as its attack only uses colorless, and it can one-hit the M Mewtwos and M Manectric.

I did try that at first, and it does seem like a decent idea. I might take out the Deoxys and something else and just test it a little bit, since it does add a bit of damage and his attack isn't bad. Maybe take out the Hawluchas and Deoxys, add a 1-1 line and a third Float Stone.

this deck should aim to only attack with xerneas and occasionally zoroark this is my list
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 14

1 Druddigon FLF 70
2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
1 Zorua BKT 89
1 Zoroark BKT 91
4 Xerneas BKT 107
1 Celebi PR-XY XY93
1 Dedenne FFI 34
1 Jirachi PR-XY XY67
1 Jynx FFI 37
1 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20

Trainer Cards - 34

1 Switch HS 102
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
1 Super Rod BKT 149
2 Shauna PHF 104
1 Skyla BCR 149
1 Level Ball AOR 76
1 Escape Rope PRC 127
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
1 Brigette BKT 161
4 Sky Field ROS 89
2 Revive ROS 88
3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
2 Lysandre FLF 104
2 Float Stone BKT 137
3 Muscle Band XY 121

Energy - 12

8 Fairy Energy Energy 9

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The main issue I have with this is, best case scenario, you go first and attach an energy. They go and attach energy. You go, attach energy, knock something out. They play something, OHKO your powered-up Xerneas, and you take two more turns to charge. With Bronzong/Smeargle, you can attack right away, or you can send up something else to fill in the gap in the mean time. Since I'm not running any EX, I can afford this window.

These are my suggestions:

-1 Birch
-1 Dimension Valley
-1 Professor's Letter
-1 Battle compressor

+4 Skyfield

Skyfield I feel is very needed in this kind of deck to higher the damage like crazy. Also you could use ninetales to lock in the stadium and can lock other annoying stadiums.

I may take out the Dimension Valley and one Compressor, but I don't think it's necessary 100% of the time. I can hit 180 easily without Sky Field, so maybe I could drop it and Brigette to OHKO a mega if needed, then I don't care if it leaves play.

EDIT: After testing quite a bit and realizing I was being unnecessarily stubborn, I have made some changes to the deck which I feel make it much more consistent.

Last edited:
your problem is you are trying to make everything an attacker which it shouldnt be this deck is supposed to be set up xerneas and attack with it only run the list here for the best consistency currently next set will hurt this deck alot as it will have alot of higher health pokemon with the fighting spirit belt so once that happens i see this really droping out of use but for now
Pokémon - 14

1 Druddigon FLF 70
2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
1 Zorua BKT 89
1 Zoroark BKT 91
4 Xerneas BKT 107
1 Celebi PR-XY XY93
1 Dedenne FFI 34
1 Jirachi PR-XY XY67
1 Jynx FFI 37
1 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20

Trainer Cards - 34

1 Switch HS 102
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
1 Super Rod BKT 149
2 Shauna PHF 104
1 Skyla BCR 149
1 Level Ball AOR 76
1 Escape Rope PRC 127
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
1 Brigette BKT 161
4 Sky Field ROS 89
2 Revive ROS 88
3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
2 Lysandre FLF 104
2 Float Stone BKT 137
3 Muscle Band XY 121

Energy - 12

8 Fairy Energy Energy 9

Total Cards - 60

your problem is you are trying to make everything an attacker which it shouldnt be this deck is supposed to be set up xerneas and attack with it only run the list here for the best consistency currently next set will hurt this deck alot as it will have alot of higher health pokemon with the fighting spirit belt so once that happens i see this really droping out of use but for now
Pokémon - 14

1 Druddigon FLF 70
2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
1 Zorua BKT 89
1 Zoroark BKT 91
4 Xerneas BKT 107
1 Celebi PR-XY XY93
1 Dedenne FFI 34
1 Jirachi PR-XY XY67
1 Jynx FFI 37
1 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20

Trainer Cards - 34

1 Switch HS 102
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
1 Super Rod BKT 149
2 Shauna PHF 104
1 Skyla BCR 149
1 Level Ball AOR 76
1 Escape Rope PRC 127
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
1 Brigette BKT 161
4 Sky Field ROS 89
2 Revive ROS 88
3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
2 Lysandre FLF 104
2 Float Stone BKT 137
3 Muscle Band XY 121

Energy - 12

8 Fairy Energy Energy 9

Total Cards - 60
For water you could also run octillery instead of Siesmitoad for I don't feel Toad has a place in this deck.

Pokémon - 14

1 Druddigon FLF 70
2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
1 Zorua BKT 89
1 Zoroark BKT 91
4 Xerneas BKT 107
1 Celebi PR-XY XY93
1 Dedenne FFI 34
1 Jirachi PR-XY XY67
1 Jynx FFI 37
1 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20

Trainer Cards - 34

1 Switch HS 102
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
1 Super Rod BKT 149
2 Shauna PHF 104
1 Skyla BCR 149
1 Level Ball AOR 76
1 Escape Rope PRC 127
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
1 Brigette BKT 161
4 Sky Field ROS 89
2 Revive ROS 88
3 Ultra Ball ROS 93
2 Lysandre FLF 104
2 Float Stone BKT 137
3 Muscle Band XY 121

Energy - 12

8 Fairy Energy Energy 9

Total Cards - 60
I'm not trying to make everything an attacker, I just have it set up so I can if absolutely necessary. More options is good, and adding two rainbow energy doesn't hurt my consistency in the slightest. A very large majority of the time I'm attacking with xerneas anyway. I also don't think FSB is going to hurt very much. I am going to run 1 xerosic/startling megaphone next set but that's more for garbodor. I don't have many problems ohkoing megas currently so the extra hp is not going to matter.If anything, it would work well in this deck to give Xerneas some extra survivability. I agree that toad doesn't have a place here, which is why I opted for octillery, a support. It also means my need for Shaymin is a lot lower, which is good because he reduced the damage potential with Smeargle. Thanks for your suggestions, but I'm looking for help with my list and not an entirely new list.

Back