Would adding new Pokemon types be good or bad for the game?

hunter994x

Boss Salamence
Not new basic energy cards for each type. That should be kept the way is. What this topic is about is would new Pokemon types work if they would still use the current 8 basic energy system.

EX: Let's say Ghost gets its own type but it would still use {P} energy.

EX 2: Ground gets its own type. They could still use {F} energy. Maybe a dual-type like Swampert could use {W} energy as well.

In addition, when a Pokemon has {C} for energy requirement, you can use any energy. So what do you guys think?

Are you trying to make weakness and resistance needlessly complicated?

hunter994x said:
In addition, when a Pokemon has {C} for energy requirement, you can use any energy.

I'm pretty sure that rule has always applied since the beginning of the game... I also have to agree with DNA. Adding a dragon type sort of worked because they're weak to each other, but besides that, we don't want to overcomplicate weakness and resistance.

Yeah, as they said, there is no need for new types, all it would do is make weaknesses unbelievably complicated. I guess i MIGHT accept Ground getting its own type because the current Electric weakness makes no sense- if you punch a power line nothing is going to happen to it.

blargh257 said:
Yeah, as they said, there is no need for new types, all it would do is make weaknesses unbelievably complicated. I guess i MIGHT accept Ground getting its own type because the current Electric weakness makes no sense- if you punch a power line nothing is going to happen to it.

Nothing would happen to it correct but you on the other hand...

I don't think it would be bad for the game, unlike adding more energy types, which would be really bad for the game.

What I would like to see is some reward for people playing multi energy decks.

For example. You have a Psychic Pokemon, so a purple card frame, and its attack costs contain either {P} or {C}. One of the attacks would say, if you have a basic fire energy attached, defending pokemon is burned. Something like that.

I'm pretty sure there are cards like that, but I don't see too many of them.

I would like to see a colorless card that has different attacks depending on what basic energy is attached to it, but I am unsure of how to put all that text into the card. So basically, if you attach all 8 basic energy, it gains every ability for the attack, but there is really no attack that costs 8 colorless.

Well the way Dragon-Type with Dragons Exalted will be implemented into the TCG is certainly interesting. We still use Regular Energies for their attacks but their Types are still {DRG} and are weak to {DRG}. It's better than having {C} Dragonite, Flygon, or even Altaria at least.

Back