Worlds 2026 To Be Held in San Francisco!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
According to an article from The San Francisco Business Times, Worlds 2026 will be held at San Francisco’s Moscone Center from August 28th to August 30th, 2026. It is the city’s largest event venue.
The newspaper also reports TPCi booked 21,000 hotel room nights tied to the event (for competitors and staff). All of this was just discovered, so presumably TPCi inked the deal recently. This would mean they book Worlds at least 2.5 years in advance.
This is the first time a Worlds location has been discovered this early. Worlds 2024 in Hawaii hasn’t been held yet and we won’t even know where Worlds 2025 will be hosted until August.
Worlds was previously held in San Fransisco in...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Interesting. I wonder if it's related to the Gen 10 region at all? (Despite hopes from fans, I'm sure Gen 10 is still releasing next year and that a move to a "when it's ready" schedule will never happen.)

Interesting. I wonder if it's related to the Gen 10 region at all? (Despite hopes from fans, I'm sure Gen 10 is still releasing next year and that a move to a "when it's ready" schedule will never happen.)
i think they're saving gen 10 for the 30th anniversary

I expected a pattern of Europe-Japan-America to continue indefinitely at least for a while, but it seems Pokemon has different plans. In that case, there's a big chance 2025 will be held in Japan again, especially with Pokemon Center not having official ties with mainland Europe.

i think they're saving gen 10 for the 30th anniversary
Lmfao

To be fair, switching to a 4-year cycle isn't out of the question. However, that wouldn't really fix the issue either. The best way to fix it is to do it CoD-style: get another dev working on alternate generations so they can retain their 3-year merchandising cycle while still allowing each individual game to have 6 years of development.

Last edited:
If you're going to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there

"Are You Going to San Francisco"
Lyrics & Music by Scott McKenzie
Performed by Scott McKenzie

The winner of Worlds 2026 will have won more championships in the last 30+ years than the 49ers have if they don't win a SB ?

Lol

To be fair, switching to a 4-year cycle isn't out of the question. However, that wouldn't really fix the issue either. The best way to fix it is to do it CoD-style: get another dev working on alternate generations so they can retain their 3-year merchandising cycle while still allowing each individual game to have 6 years of development.
I don't think it has to do anything with development. Something big has to come out that year, and dlc isn't enough

Interesting. I wonder if it's related to the Gen 10 region at all?
Doubt it. Thus far, TPCi has shown very little interest in making the Worlds locations match up with the region.

When they had the opportunity to have Worlds in NY for Unova, they didn't.
When they had the opportunity to have Worlds in France for Kalos, they didn't.
When they had the opportunity and the historical precedence to have Worlds in Hawaii for Alola, they didn't.

Even London seems more like a happy coincidence than something intentional.

Heck, 2016 was Pokemon's 20th anniversary. For San Francisco Worlds, I remember this being brought up, but nothing particularly special happened in regards to it during Worlds. It will be interesting to see if they change that up a decade later.

Back