'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
OMG yes!!

I feel so happy that i wanted to make a Fake Eternatus VMAX, and we ended up getting one!

(and also i guess that the third legendaries now are in 3rd sets)

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
What does the text translate from where the in-game screenshots of Eternataus say?

I used google translate since i am not EVER gonna learn japanese and it says (filled with errors)

Nintendo Switch software "Pocket Monster
In the story of "Sword Shield,"

Has a Pokemon card game
Also with overwhelming strength

(the top text)

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Already groaning at the addition of another chase card variety. Sure, it could be a little premature and the gimmick could be something like Prism Stars, but the "Amazing Rare" name alone kind of warrants the groans.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Already groaning at the addition of another chase card variety. Sure, it could be a little premature and the gimmick could be something like Prism Stars, but the "Amazing Rare" name alone kind of warrants the groans.
I'm hoping it'll just be the typical reverse holo slot-type not QUITE an Ultra Rare but a bit higher up than a holo deal, rather than a stupidly hard kind of card to find. BUT with a name like *Amazing Rare*, you can't really be sure.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I love that they're bringing back special energy for each type. I didn't play back when the other ones were in standard but so far Horror energy and Speed Lightning Energy look very playable.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I love that they're bringing back special energy for each type. I didn't play back when the other ones were in standard but so far Horror energy and Speed Lightning Energy look very playable.
I'd love for another Strong Energy type card out of all of it, no matter the type of it. I was big on Lando/Luc and Buzzwole in the past, those damage increasing effects were always just really fun to me.

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
Very strong parallels to SM's first year:
-2nd set features what people dub "this generation's Lucario" with 1 form being a promo
-3rd set has the 3rd Legendary
-Legendary Heartbeat gives me a Shining Legends vibe

Safe to assume 4th set will be Isle of Armor, reprint set should have the Gigantamax starters (and hopefully Sandaconda), and Crown Tundra will be the start of next year's block.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I'd love for another Strong Energy type card out of all of it, no matter the type of it. I was big on Lando/Luc and Buzzwole in the past, those damage increasing effects were always just really fun to me.

ahhh of course lol how can I forget about Strong energy. The card that is still used in today's Expanded format. In a little bit it'll be fun to make predictions towards every new special energy for each type

GuiaV96

Aspiring Trainer
Greeting to everyone here. I am a casual TCG player and I enjoy reading articles at this site.

I noticed a translation error regarding the “Amazing Rare”. The sentence「きぜつしてもサイドは一枚しか取られない」 means “You lose only a prize even your pokemon gets knocked out”. This translation error is attributed to the Japanese sentence structure of 「〜だけ」and「〜しか」.

In short, Amazing Rare are single prize cards with powerful attacks.

Clam

Almost decent
OK so amazing rare NEW GIMMICK YEEES (im the gimmick MASTER)

but that name is just so funny to me AMAZING RARE i just imagine a youtuber pulling it and being like OOOOOOOOOH I GOT THE AMAZING RARE

Clam

Almost decent
oh no dont get me down like that :(

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
I am more excited about the Amazing Rares than the Lovecraftian Eternatus VMAX.

I love new game mechanics and gimmicks.

There’s definitely more to the Amazing Rare than what’s posted so far. Otherwise, Celebi and the other Legendaries would have Pound/Tackle attacks to offset the “negative prize” effect.

I have feeling that they will be limited to one-per deck. At least, that would give them a shot at having some semblance of interesting/good attacks and Abilities.

And unlike Prism Stars, I think these could/should be back from discard pile. Part of why the Prism Star cards didn’t do well outside of Ditto was that almost all of them were awkward to use because of the Lost Zone rule or just too gimmicky for their own good.

That said, if they can be brought back from the discard pile, control decks just gained a bunch of “pseudo Dolls”

Last edited:

Clam

Almost decent
ok so what i think they are gonna do is they dont give prizes but will have a negative effect when they leave the field or are knocked out

EXAMPLE: dusknoir AMAZING RARE. 90hp

AMAZING ABILTY once during your turn you may draw 3 cards. If for any reason this card leaves the field send the top 7 cards of your deck to the lost zone

[P][P][C] 90 dmg discard a energy from your opponents active pokemon

I wont be listing the rest as its not important but the basic idea is there good ability bad drawback and these ability wont be "normal" ones as they have a different name so power plant and other ability removal wouldn't work