'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Feb 25, 2020.

1. FourteenAlmonds NTernetttt ERXploerer
    FourteenAlmonds

Regarding S3 World Down:
    Has this already been revealed, being Eldegoss V? Or is there an "even better" card coming out?

2. Clam Almost decent
    Clam

bigger better and smarter NEW machamp V once you play it your opponent gets a pokemon gusted AT YOUR CHOOSING buy now for 59.99

FourteenAlmonds likes this.
  3. Number51x Blasting off at the speed of light!
    Number51x

That's the perfect word for it. I felt a bit of my sanity slip away trying to understand just what the hell I was looking at!

4. Animegamer420 Aspiring Trainer
    Animegamer420

what is that rainbow mewtwo card??? i tried to post a pic of it but i cant add an image to the comment

5. Luplayz The Master of bad Pokemon
    Luplayz

Im assuming Eternatus V/Eternatus VMAX, because Eldegoss V is going to be included in Rebel Clash, not World Down

6. Mimikeon Aspiring Trainer
    Mimikeon

Since it's a GX, it's probably a reprint. No idea why they wouldn't just make a Mewtwo V.

7. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

The rainbow Mewtwo GX is from 2019 (hence the year being printed next to it), it was last year's Japanese lottery prize that only had like 100 copies made. It's a reprint of the Family Box/Hidden Fates Mewtwo GX.

[​IMG]

Clam likes this.
  8. UmbreonMaster Aspiring Trainer
    UmbreonMaster

Time to rate the sets!

Eruption Walker- Glad they are at least going to try to power up VMax cards because as of now they aren't very competitive.

World Down- It's going to be nice to have staple Pokemon V cards.

Legendary Heartbeat- Overall if they have this new rarity it might break the game IF they make the cards too powerful.

9. Yaginku Aspiring Trainer
    Yaginku

The language used in this announcement is so hilariously brazen. Instead of boasting how they're making the game balanced or fun, they just straight-up admit "yeah, we're printing another overpowered staple rare Pokemon, it's gonna cost a lot, good luck".

Centiskorch VMAX: Unless it's a completely unplayable card (which I hope it is), this is going to make some match-ups absolutely one-sided and boring. I'll be okay with +30/+50 damage, maybe even double damage, but just free knock-outs is stupid.

New Supporter card that makes it easier for VMAX Pokemon to attack: VMAX don't need a buff. Regular Pokemon need a buff.

Amazing Rare: Not unexpected, but I'm wondering what the trade-off will be. Hope it's not another variation of Prism Pokemon.

Clam likes this.
  10. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

Nyora likes this.
  11. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

That's the best move that they do so that they won't get into trouble

Clam likes this.
  12. Nyora A Cat
    Nyora

Good move lol, not only could World Down be seen as a thing relating to the coronavirus, but Eternatus is also a poison type that transforms into thicc monster that do a destroy so like, yeah, good move lmao

13. aschefield101 is behind you !
    aschefield101

I don't see the issue with the original name tbh. It just shows me that there's companies/businesses pandering to the hand holding public who're "offended" by everything.

This planet is so screwed.

14. MilesEX Aspiring Trainer
    MilesEX

People are stupid, look at Corona beer sales, they've fallen through the floor. These businesses never make decicions to be morally just, they do it for their bottom line.

Also, if something can be changed with little effort (or at least little enough it doesn't outweight the cost) why not? It's very easy for a lot of people in this world to moan at others for getting offended at stuff .... they're in a much better position.

15. Yaginku Aspiring Trainer
    Yaginku

This is a business decision regarding brand perception, not "pandering". It doesn't just concern "the offended", but also stocks - the investors might believe such name would lead to lower sales. It's the same reason why companies included the buzzword "Blockchain" in their names and saw their shares skyrocket.
    This is fake news by the way. The interviewer asked "Would you even drink Corona", not "Will you stop drinking Corona now".

Coolpilot and Lostlorn Forest like this.
  16. AshCo さくうぴい?!
    AshCo

Yikes... Does it really matter that much to get so worked up over?? I don't know how many times I've explained this on here before for a million reasons, whether it's people wanting Charizard to be purged or whatever, but Pokemon is a company. Companies are out there to make money by selling a good or a service, and they're (probably, if the speculation is correct) doing something to ensure their product still sells. Simple as that.

But even then? Who cares. Seriously, it's such a big non-issue to get all up in arms for.

17. Hongo Aspiring Trainer
    Hongo

Plot twist:

Pokérus gets a mechanic in the TCG.

KnightofDust and Yair64 like this.
  18. Frost Amethyst AMAB-NB
    Frost

And also, like, this was a Japanese name change. The set was never going to be named "World Down" in English. Even if we weren't in the middle of a global pandemic right now, this is a change that does not affect people outside Japan at all.....

19. aschefield101 is behind you !
    aschefield101

You might wanna rethink what you perceive as getting "worked up over", especially as you have no context. My post was a logical and quite tame one, I don't overly care either way and thus is just an opinion; that I felt like sharing, how rude of me clearly.

20. AshCo さくうぴい?!
    AshCo

I don't really see 'logical and tame' when I see "This planet is so screwed" over something like a set's name changing, but remember that on the internet, it's harder for people to tell what your inflection is supposed to be. If you meant to sound like you were trying to be calm or something, sorry but I didn't catch it.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 18 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?