'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
Regarding S3 World Down:
The set will include a “must have” Pokemon V that every deck will want to use.

Has this already been revealed, being Eldegoss V? Or is there an "even better" card coming out?

Clam

Almost decent
Regarding S3 World Down:

Has this already been revealed, being Eldegoss V? Or is there an "even better" card coming out?
bigger better and smarter NEW machamp V once you play it your opponent gets a pokemon gusted AT YOUR CHOOSING buy now for 59.99

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
I am more excited about the Amazing Rares than the Lovecraftian Eternatus VMAX.

I love new game mechanics and gimmicks.

There’s definitely more to the Amazing Rare than what’s posted so far. Otherwise, Celebi and the other Legendaries would have Pound/Tackle attacks to offset the “negative prize” effect.

I have feeling that they will be limited to one-per deck. At least, that would give them a shot at having some semblance of interesting/good attacks and Abilities.

And unlike Prism Stars, I think these could/should be back from discard pile. Part of why the Prism Star cards didn’t do well outside of Ditto was that almost all of them were awkward to use because of the Lost Zone rule or just too gimmicky for their own good.

That said, if they can be brought back from the discard pile, control decks just gained a bunch of “pseudo Dolls”
That's the perfect word for it. I felt a bit of my sanity slip away trying to understand just what the hell I was looking at!

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
Regarding S3 World Down:

Im assuming Eternatus V/Eternatus VMAX, because Eldegoss V is going to be included in Rebel Clash, not World Down

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
The rainbow Mewtwo GX is from 2019 (hence the year being printed next to it), it was last year's Japanese lottery prize that only had like 100 copies made. It's a reprint of the Family Box/Hidden Fates Mewtwo GX.

644px-MewtwoGXSMPromo364.jpg

UmbreonMaster

Aspiring Trainer
Time to rate the sets!

Eruption Walker- Glad they are at least going to try to power up VMax cards because as of now they aren't very competitive.

World Down- It's going to be nice to have staple Pokemon V cards.

Legendary Heartbeat- Overall if they have this new rarity it might break the game IF they make the cards too powerful.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
The language used in this announcement is so hilariously brazen. Instead of boasting how they're making the game balanced or fun, they just straight-up admit "yeah, we're printing another overpowered staple rare Pokemon, it's gonna cost a lot, good luck".

Centiskorch VMAX: Unless it's a completely unplayable card (which I hope it is), this is going to make some match-ups absolutely one-sided and boring. I'll be okay with +30/+50 damage, maybe even double damage, but just free knock-outs is stupid.

New Supporter card that makes it easier for VMAX Pokemon to attack: VMAX don't need a buff. Regular Pokemon need a buff.

Amazing Rare: Not unexpected, but I'm wondering what the trade-off will be. Hope it's not another variation of Prism Pokemon.

Nyora

A Cat
Good move lol, not only could World Down be seen as a thing relating to the coronavirus, but Eternatus is also a poison type that transforms into thicc monster that do a destroy so like, yeah, good move lmao

aschefield101

is behind you !
I don't see the issue with the original name tbh. It just shows me that there's companies/businesses pandering to the hand holding public who're "offended" by everything.

This planet is so screwed.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
I don't see the issue with the original name tbh. It just shows me that there's companies/businesses pandering to the hand holding public who're "offended" by everything.

People are stupid, look at Corona beer sales, they've fallen through the floor. These businesses never make decicions to be morally just, they do it for their bottom line.

Also, if something can be changed with little effort (or at least little enough it doesn't outweight the cost) why not? It's very easy for a lot of people in this world to moan at others for getting offended at stuff .... they're in a much better position.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon

This is a business decision regarding brand perception, not "pandering". It doesn't just concern "the offended", but also stocks - the investors might believe such name would lead to lower sales. It's the same reason why companies included the buzzword "Blockchain" in their names and saw their shares skyrocket.
People are stupid, look at Corona beer sales, they've fallen through the floor.
This is fake news by the way. The interviewer asked "Would you even drink Corona", not "Will you stop drinking Corona now".

Scoop

Literally a sheep

Yikes... Does it really matter that much to get so worked up over?? I don't know how many times I've explained this on here before for a million reasons, whether it's people wanting Charizard to be purged or whatever, but Pokemon is a company. Companies are out there to make money by selling a good or a service, and they're (probably, if the speculation is correct) doing something to ensure their product still sells. Simple as that.

But even then? Who cares. Seriously, it's such a big non-issue to get all up in arms for.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
But even then? Who cares. Seriously, it's such a big non-issue to get all up in arms for.

And also, like, this was a Japanese name change. The set was never going to be named "World Down" in English. Even if we weren't in the middle of a global pandemic right now, this is a change that does not affect people outside Japan at all.....

aschefield101

is behind you !
Yikes... Does it really matter that much to get so worked up over?? I don't know how many times I've explained this on here before for a million reasons, whether it's people wanting Charizard to be purged or whatever, but Pokemon is a company. Companies are out there to make money by selling a good or a service, and they're (probably, if the speculation is correct) doing something to ensure their product still sells. Simple as that.

You might wanna rethink what you perceive as getting "worked up over", especially as you have no context. My post was a logical and quite tame one, I don't overly care either way and thus is just an opinion; that I felt like sharing, how rude of me clearly.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
You might wanna rethink what you perceive as getting "worked up over", especially as you have no context. My post was a logical and quite tame one, I don't overly care either way and thus is just an opinion; that I felt like sharing, how rude of me clearly.
I don't really see 'logical and tame' when I see "This planet is so screwed" over something like a set's name changing, but remember that on the internet, it's harder for people to tell what your inflection is supposed to be. If you meant to sound like you were trying to be calm or something, sorry but I didn't catch it.