'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
People are hyping up Dracovish way too much. It's a terrible attacker and its evolution lock requires it to be on the active. This opens up enough counterplay to actually not be considered broken. We have Wobbuffet that locks abilities while on active, and it has never been banned - why would Dracovish justify a ban for Archie, ever?

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Might have to wait for a ruling, but I'm fairly certain Mallow and Lana, the current go-to healing card, moves the active to the bench before healing, which means, I am very much in love with the new heal blocking mimikyu.

I also think the horn has a fun, if niche use, in unsleeping your jirachi now that escape board will be gone. Sure, switch and scoop up net already exist, but it's still neat (and not a bad deal since it confuses your opponent as well).

I also think I will build a shock lock deck using vanilluxe, just because shock lock.

Adam Johnston

Aspiring Trainer
Judging from the labels, looks like no Cinderace or Inteleon to go with Gold Rillaboom? Of course...
is rillaboom gonna be the only Galar starter go get recognized officially? greeeeat....
The reason there is no golden cards of the other starters is that they were not pre release promos :) All of the golden non v pokemon have been the pre release promos from SWSH base.

Greg DiGiacinto

Aspiring Trainer
The reason there is no golden cards of the other starters is that they were not pre release promos :) All of the golden non v pokemon have been the pre release promos from SWSH base.
Never noticed that, actually. Wonder what they'll do now that all 4 are done. Move onto Rebel Clash, I guess

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Gold Coalossal makes me think that instead of specifically targeting promo cards, they are using type specific support - think about it, all 4 are specific to a single-type as energy or damage support. And these are also printed as pre-release promos because they are the easiest cards to use in a pre-release deck.

Greg DiGiacinto

Aspiring Trainer
Gold Coalossal makes me think that instead of specifically targeting promo cards, they are using type specific support - think about it, all 4 are specific to a single-type as energy or damage support. And these are also printed as pre-release promos because they are the easiest cards to use in a pre-release deck.
That makes more sense. Wondering what the next ones could be. Cause I’m blanking on support for the other types in the same vein as these ones.

ADP Big Rat

150/350
More likely they're only making shinies of new Pokemon

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Never noticed that, actually. Wonder what they'll do now that all 4 are done. Move onto Rebel Clash, I guess
What's next? Luxray? I see the pattern.

My guesses for the PR Promos for Darkness Ablaze are Blaziken, Galarian Mr. Rime/Polteageist, Hydreigon, Milotic/Toxtricity

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Ma boi Crobat got some fantastic full art artwork. The background on the Eternatus also reminds me of the background on the full art Ultra Necrozma GX.