'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Are we expecting gym promos again in Infinity Zone which inlcudes a Trainer like Energy Spinner which will be coming on a future set?

Translation update:

Toxapex: Recovery > Recover, a move it gets in the games

Ariados (missed this one): Poison Needle > Poison Sting

Scizor VMax: Max Steel > Max Steelspike, one of the Max Moves that every Dynamax Pokemon can use as long as they have a Steel type move in the games

• Paras/Parasect - ehh?! 2/2
  • Carnivine - Ehh?! If it was for the draw aspect, use Wishiwashi. 2
  • Monkeys - who cares?! 2/2 all
  • Rowlet/Dartrix/Decidueye - On Rowlet, snipe 60 is wha people wanted now. On Decidueye, We finally have a GX/V immunity... but its on a Stage 2. If its on a Stage 1, I would consider it.. This Decidueye will take 4 Turns to start stalling. Turn 2 is the turn where u about to land damage. The attack tho. Nice for spreading dmg, but on a Stage 2.3-4/2/3-4
  • Houndoom V - I can see this as a speed deck now, spamming 200 every turn due to Spikemuth Stadium. 4
  • Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken - Good ability, Stage 2. Getting this on Turn 2 would be a problem. 3/3/3-4
  • G. Darumaka/Zen G. Darm - Hitting R weakness that uses W energy? I kinda like this. 2-3/3-4
  • Suicune - What's the point? The fact that the main atk is loopable with Frosmoth still doesn't convice me on the fact that in only does 100 base. 2-3
  • Relicanth - ehh 2
  • Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanniluxe - Paralysis on a Stage 2. 3/3/3
  • Mareanie/Toxapex - ehh?! 2/2
  • Drednaw V/VMAX - Wall Aspect. Nothing too special on it except the fact that it can wall. 3-4/3-4
  • Dracovish - Possible for Archie's ban? Its an evolved W type which has the ability like Archeops but only in the active and retrievable with Archie's Ace in the Hole (Y I am the only one thinking this?) The reason why Maxie's is banned is because of Kabutops that supporter lock on the active. The ability is easily achievable by Putting it on bench using Archie, whack a Float Stone on the active. Retreat and decks like Zoroark GX will treat this Fish head as a dilemma. 4
  • Arctovish - ehh?! 2
  • Electrike/Manectric - Niche spread. L decks will be nerfed a lot pos-ro. 3/3
  • Dracozolt - Bulky Single-energy atkr. 3-4
  • Arctozolt - Niche for punishing damage. 3-4
  • Jigglgpuff/Wigglytuff - ehh?! 2/2
  • Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle - Stage 2 hand distruption 3/2/3-4
  • Golett/Golurk - 1.) No Malamar 2.) No Mysterious Treasure 3.) 180 for 5 is not good. 3/2-3
  • Mimikyu - a Heal Block. Okay. 3
  • Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon - ok. 3/3/3-4
  • Hippopotas/Hippowdon - cool thing that Hippopotas wcan be a 1-card tech because Tackle is syncable with the Z Crystal for a 1-turn 180 dmg. For Reshizard, they'll use Double Blaze as their GX atk or Heatran GX's one. 3/2-3
  • G.Cursola V - 3
  • Rhyperior V - a V designed for me. 3
  • Passimian - ehh?! 2
  • Spinarak/Ariados - niche gusting vs. Vmax 2/4
  • Crobat V - 5 Geodudes
  • Scraggy/Scrafty - my heart still goes to Darkrai. 2-3/3
  • G. Zigzagoon/Linoone/Obstagoon - your opponent gets a big advantage. 2/3/3
  • Inkay/Malamar - ehh 2/2
  • Nickit/Thievul - ehh 2/2
  • Hoopa - can be a single-prized atkr in D decks but still..on Darkrai. 4
  • Eternatus V/VMAX - The Deck! 4/5
  • Skarmory - ehh 2
  • Scizor V/VMAX - didn't expect for it to get a VMAX. It's fine. 3/3-4
  • Klink/Klang/Klinklang - 1. Stage 2 2. Reliant on T1 Jasmine to setup and hit 200 in Turn 2 3. Still being a stage 2. 3/3/3-4
  • Kangaskhan - ehh. Not my type of card. 2-3
  • Cufant/Copperajah - 240 on a non-V Pokemon. 3/4
  • Teddiursa/Ursaring - ehh 2/2
  • Skitty/Delcatty - ehh 2/2
  • Dunsparce - srsly. You gave up a prize just to mill card? You srsly have no gimmick. And possibly an Uncommon nonsense card in packs. 3-4
  • Salamence V/VMAX - srsly it can't use Twin Energy, but 270 for 4 with a Welder, Powerful Energy, and a random energy? I love it. 3-4/4
  • Skwovet/Greedent - ehh 2/2
  • Starly/Staravia/Staraptor - These guys love gimmicks. 3-4/3/3-4
  • Ducklett/Swanna - 170 for FREE? Let's GO! 2/4
  • Cheering Y Horn - Looks bad on paper until you realized that we don't have Hypnotoxic Laser, an item that inflicts special conditions. 4 Geodudes
  • Smoky Stick - It depends on the opponent if this card will be good. 3-4
  • Toughness Cape - You just make Zacian V a reason not to use Big Charm. You make also Spiritomb an ABSOL-ute monster. 5 Geodudes
  • Turbo Patch - Such a waste. 2-3
  • Rare Fossil - 70 better than 60
  • Chairman Rose - Can be good for Energy accel, can be bad for the drawback. 4-5
  • Piers - 5 Geodudes
  • Spikemuth Stadium - 5
  • Rose Tower - 5
  • Bird Keeper - aside from the synergy on the birds, Bird Keeper can be a decent addition as a Switch option with a little bit of consistency. 4
  • Hidden Energy - 4-5
  • Power Energy - Doing extra damage is always good. 5 Geodudes. Well, no reason for C Pokémon for having no bonuses.

Last edited:
Here are some cards that could be of interest:

Carnivine: Return is a decent turn one attack.
Decidueye line: Nice block and snipe tactic.
Houndoom V: Nice attacker in Fire Box decks and could even be a deck on his own with Welder.
Relicanth: Nice consistency card for Fossil decks.
Drednaw VMAX: Great stall and attack tactic with Buff Padding in format.
Dracozolt: Low cost attacker with Buff Padding in format
Arctozolt: Great in energy denial decks.
Mimikyu: Great one-off in spread decks.
Galarian Cursola V: Might be decent in Dragapult VMAX decks or in combination with Arctozolt and energy discard.
Flygon: Surprisingly good for an uncommon evolution card.
Crobat V: Will be a stable in a lot of decks.
Galarian Obstagoon: Interesting tech in a Galarian Obstagoon decks.
Hoopa: New Dark Zapdos.
Eternatus VMAX: Great damage output for low cost.
Scizor VMAX: Could be a nice tank with Metal Core Barrier in format.
Copperajah; Nice attacker but may be hard to stream.
Dunsparce: Nice with Cursed Shovel attached.
Salamence VMAX: Great attacker with Powerful Energy and Bird Keeper.
Greedent: Might be the new face of hit and run with Galarian Cursola.
Cheer Yell Horn: Nice combo with Parasect to increase damage.
Turbo Patch: Great for Zacian V and Boltund V decks.
Toughness Cape: See above.
Rare Fossil: Needed for the Fossil Pokémon.
Bird Keeper: Nice draw and switch card.
Piers: Searching for special energy and Crobat V in addition to Darkness attackers is great.
Rose: Might be great for selected VMAX decks.
Rose Tower: Combo with Rose and any deck that can play its hand down.
Spikemuth: Spread decks and selected decks such as Copperajah, Houndoom V and Spiritomb will love this.
Hide Energy: Float stone for Darkness Pokémon.
Powerful Energy: Strong Energy for Colorless Pokemon such as Salamance VMAX.

What is this set? Why do we need that Decidueye? Why print another awful Scizor? Why does Dracovish literally scream "WE'RE POKEMON INTERNATIONAL AND WE F**KING HATE NON- ULTRA RARE STAGE 2'S!!"

Does Decidueye block Vmax attacks too? If it does this will be strong as hell.
Also, Galarian Darmanitan (Zen) will be insane in theme decks if the deck gets some energy acceleration tool. 170 for 3 is utterly bonkers.

I like that’s decidueye and that Darmanitan. Not a fan of manny of the new V cards. Bird Keepers pretty good, I bet it’ll get a fullart.

Powerful [C] Energy: Exciting for Snorlax.

Toughness Cape: This is one time where "excluding GX" actually makes sense. I don't see a lot of decks using it, when it doesn't work on Tag Teams.

V-MAXes: Why are so many of them so boring? They don't even have abilities, just damage.

There are actually some crazy cards in this set. The powerful energy is basically strong energy but for any pokemon, really nice. the toughness cape was probably made before sword and sheild like the turbo patch as it excludes pokemon V, really nice. The Decidueye is crazy as it blocks damage from almost every deck in our current format (goons is the exception). It will be cool to see what other cards are included in this set.

I don't get this line of thinking at all. Firstly, if it was made for SuMo, why wasn't it released, secondly, if it was made for SuMo but they're releasing now, you know it's easy for them to change the text on the card to include V's right?

Lastly, it's pretty clear they just want to give V's the spotlight and start making GX's, especially tag teams, weaker.

Don't be surprised to see more of these cards in future sets.

I love Sky Circus so much. I will be building decks around it, I don't care how bad it is, that's some classic tcg action right there.

Man these cards are pushed. 190HP !! on a non-spec basic?! JEEZ

I don't get this line of thinking at all. Firstly, if it was made for SuMo, why wasn't it released, secondly, if it was made for SuMo but they're releasing now, you know it's easy for them to change the text on the card to include V's right?

Lastly, it's pretty clear they just want to give V's the spotlight and start making GX's, especially tag teams, weaker.

Now that you point that out I guess I could have worded it better. What I meant to say was that the card is really good more so for the HP aspect and not the fact that it excludes pokemon V. However, I see where you are coming from. I think what is happening is that TPCI didn't find spaces in products for these during the SUn and Moon block and now they are just throwing them in. This then goes back to the argument that the TPCI shoudl not be producing 200+ card sets and multiple products in between. I miss the old days of 100 card sets, 2 boxes and some tins. :(

Ya know what I am pretty hyped for the stage 2s in this set they look pretty interesting and pokemon finally figerd out that damage isn't the only thing that makes stage 2 pokemon good

Good.

This set has a ton of potential in Expanded and Unlimited :D Excited!

Lol, remember when we all knew Archie's would eventually suffer the exact same fate as Maxie's for the exact same reason? That said, I'd much prefer if Dracovish was unique rather than just a powercrept recolor of Archeops. If evolock returned, I'd kinda prefer if they contained it to Archeops only, maybe on a [C] version.

Toughness Cape is definitely a SwSh card. It is Leon's cape, so of course it would be useable by Zard-V (but not Zard-VMAX, which is sth to discuss). I kinda wish it would be limited to just Zard V/VMAX and all single prizers though. Why would Leon give his cape to all non-GX basics? I guess you can say the same for all mons that aren't (potentially) on his team though.

Also, gimme all the Sky Circus mons (along w/ Staravia and Staraptor) and 4x Bird Keeper in the Sirfetch'd deck, plz & thx. I really don't need any of the [F] mons from this set. After looking at this Darm, I'm liking the previous set's Sirfetch'd more for the same reason as Rebel Clash Zamazenta vs. Zacian. That, and Sir does 10 more damage (albeit some things resist it) for a much easier energy cost than both Darms.

Last edited:
by the way, you labeled the scizor and salamence vmax as gigantamax, when there is not a scizor or salamence gigantamax

hate you bro, you were supposed to be my homie

Back