XY Wonder Battles; A Brand New Way to Fight!

Featherwick

The Insuperable
So me and my friends were just screwing around when we created Wonder Battles. Basically it's a battle where you only use Wonder Traded Pokemon, we use these rules.

1. You must wonder trade six pokemon for six pokemon
2. They cannot be altered in anyway. You cannot give them any items, or change their forms (unless the form is purely cosmetic, then feel free to.) They can only be taught TM or HM moves IF they do not have all four move slots filled
3. This one is optional, but we usually allow one redo, since you never know when you'll get screwed over by a caterpie

Those are all of the rules, everything else is fair game, evasion, double pokemon, and so on, it's really crazy, and hilarious when something like a Zubat sweeps a team simply because it is outspeeds and tanks all of their attacks.

RE: Wonder Battles, a brand new way to fight!

Awesome idea, I made something similar using wonder trades, its wonderlocke, its essentially nuzlocke but instead of boxing the pokemon that die you wondertrade it away, you can catch 1 pokemon per route but as soon as you catch it you must wondertrade it, you can also encounter 1 pokemon to catch, so if you encounter hawlucha and run away, you just lost the chance to catch a pokemon that route. you must also nickname your pokemon something funny/stupid. ill show this to my brother and see if we can wonder battle :D

Wondertrade creates so many fun options like this, I'll try it out as soon as possible. It actually surprises me how many different Pokemon you get from Wondertrade, you actually get diverse teams, instead of six Bunnelby :p.

This sounds pretty awesome. What a shame I really don't have any friends locally to play with (I guess my little brother's friend doesn't count xD), so it's a bit harder to do this.

I actually haven't even done any wonder trading yet. Might as well give it a go! (let's hope I'd actually get something nice. my suspicions are that people just give out bad ones in the hope of good ones. :/)

Some people might send you a 4 perfect iv pokemon
I got Torchic and sneasel
the problem is that they are in level 1 so you need to ev train them

I really like this idea and I fully intend to try it. I just have a great fear of having half a team of Luvdiscs. But, I know at one time I wonder traded like 10 drought Ninetales plus a ton of 3 IV Goomys and Squirtles, simply because I had been breeding and had boxes full. I felt like being nice and giving a bunch of random people a treat. So, here's to hoping there are a bunch more generous people out there now that we've all had quite a while to breed boxes worth of good pokemon.

Edit: However, with that Mystery Egg glitch thing, I'm paranoid to do any wonder trades. As it is, I find one of my own eggs in a random spot and I'm afraid it's deceiving me--even though it says it's from the daycare. Lol.

THE EGG GLITCH WILL NOT EAT YOU. I PROMISE. *tableflip*

Also this is a great idea. I actually am one of those people who throw my breeding fodder (that sounds dirty...) into it to be traded off. I've notice a lot of other people do that too. I mean the mons I put in there aren't going to have spectacular IVs or move pools but I did wonder trade a crap ton of HA Dratini, Vulpix, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Eevee and then some pretty usual Togepi, Ralts, Pineco, Eevee, Fletchling, Gible, and a bunch of others. I try not to stuff my junk in there.

wispfall said:
Edit: However, with that Mystery Egg glitch thing, I'm paranoid to do any wonder trades. As it is, I find one of my own eggs in a random spot and I'm afraid it's deceiving me--even though it says it's from the daycare. Lol.
Mystery Eggs have nothing to do with Wonder Trades.

Teal said:
wispfall said:
Mystery Eggs have nothing to do with Wonder Trades.

I read somewhere that it was randomly occurring and that it could also stem from getting a hacked egg via Wonder Trade. In an article, actually. I don't know what sources are providing accurate information or if we even know the whole story behind the Mystery Eggs for X & Y. I was just avoiding Wonder Trade just in case, at least until I knew more.

But, I'm off topic with this. I'd still like to Wonder Battle and do the Wonderlocke, just whenever I'm more sure of what's going on. And possibly when I get Y so I can reset if need be.

Wonder Battles are a few weeks old now and were created by Mootypwns during her livestream one Sunday on Twitch.

Gotta give the credit where it's due.

Not sure if you guys realize this but this could have been started in 5th gen through GTS Negotiations XD. On there you would never know what people would give you. GTS Negotiations WAS Wonder Trades but was not called that XD.:)

Back