• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Will's Xatu

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Pretty easy premise here. Use Will to ensure that Xatu will always hit heads and then finish GX Pokemon off with Shrine of Punishment. You can use some other tricks in case Shrine doesn't work.

Pokemon

4 Natu
4 Xatu
3 Inkay
3 Malamar
2 Giratina
1 Mew
1 Ditto Prism Star

2 Shrine of Punishment
1 Viridian Forest
4 Mysterious Treasure
4 Pokemon Communication
3 Spell Tag
1 Brock's Grit
4 Will
1 Pal Pad
4 Pokegear 3.0
2 Great Catcher
4 Cynthia
2 Lillie
1 Erika's Hospitality

9 Psychic Energy

Last edited:

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
This is an awesome deck idea, combining xatu/will with shrine for GX and tags for non-GX.

However, you need Will pretty desperately and have no onboard draw to dig for it... I think jirachi needs to be here, or possibly zebstrika.

I'd also consider less overall energy, some recycle energy, and more forests. And maybe cut a great catcher and consider a brock.

But regardless, I'd love to hear how it works, and if you try it and make your own changes keep us posted.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
In a perfect world you should only have to use Will twice since the meta is littered with TTGX decks. The issue are the non-gx decks like Baby Blowns and Alolan Ninetales. I was going to include a couple of Memory Energy but the only legal Natu with a damaging attack is the Lost March one so I would have to run Trumbeak to make it live. I also considered running Giovanni's Exile to reuse Giratina.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
The giratina would pretty much auto win blowns/ninetools/raichu/excadrill etc. assuming you get up both malamar, but that's not a sure thing. Maybe instead of any of my other suggestions, plus 1 the mally line. Then you win against both TTGXs and one prizers, though the mally mirror would be tough still.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
I could cut the Whistles and throw in the extra Mally line.

I am thinking:
-2 Judge Whistle
-1 Lana's Fishing Rod
+1 Inkay
+1 Malamar
+1 Stadium Nav

If you can find room for a small Zebstrika line, I am all ears. I suppose I could cut Stadium Nav, a Great Catcher and a Pal Pad for one Blitzle and two Zebstrika.

Last edited:

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
BTW when Pokemon V comes, probably going to fit a couple Galarian Zigzagoon since Shrine does nothing against them.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
If shrine doesn't help as much anymore, what about a 2-0-2 Delphox line? Rosa can help get a stage 2 tech in play, and it will allow you to continue to be mallow/lana-proof. It would also finish off 1 prizers. Then you don't have to worry about Swell either.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
OK so I took this deck to a tournament and guys it is not very good. Way too slow. Works great when it works but no. Good news is that I have a good base for a Malamar deck.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Cut Wills for Victini (the one that reflips coins), then run Oak's Setup. You can't afford to give away your supporter every turn in a single prize deck.

Knight_of_Ni

Aspiring Trainer
Hear me out: Natu/Malamar/Dragonite(Team Up)/Lance prism star/something to do 10 damage between turns
Your opponent KOs something early game, you play lance prism to set up 2 dragonite, use dragonite to search out lt. surge and cynthia/caitlin, play surge, play cynthia/caitlin to put a discarded will into hand, play will, natu everything to death, rinse and repeat.

It is probably terrible and clunky, but I would love to see this work somehow.

Who knows, maybe this idea is natu bad. (sorry about the pun, I couldn't help myself)