Will Zekeels see a decrease in viability once the BW-on format is in play?

Do you see Zekeel's still having play in the BW-on format? (Please also explain why)

• Yes

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 29.5%

• Total voters
Or maybe it's a good deck? It's an especially good deck in a relatively undefined metagame since it has such a wide variety of attackers.

Roronoa Zoro said:
I think that means that Eel is the most played deck and not the best deck. Many people may not even know how to run Darkrai/Hydreigon, Garchomp/Altaria, Mewtwo-EX/Terrakion properly because they had Eels last format too and many people like to stick with their guns.

actually if we include other darkrai variants to the darkrai/hydreigon count then darkrai ex decks will have the lead at 22.

also take note that the eel decks won after hydreigon/darkrai and garchomp/altaria took the first two qualifiers so there was enough knowledge that darkrai/hydreigon and garchomp/altaria were contenders. what is interesting is that these winning eel decks didnt have any terrakion in their lists.

Cinema said:
Or maybe it's a good deck? It's an especially good deck in a relatively undefined metagame since it has such a wide variety of attackers.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's a bad deck, just said it was the most played, and apparently, was the best play since it took all those top cut spots.
Will be a top tier for certain next format.

owtwem222 said:
I think new rouge reshiboar ex decks will pop up too

That was completely unrelated.

And Those top cut numbers don't mean it was the most played deck or that people were "sticking to their guns". All we know is that a higher number of Eel decks made cut than anything else. I feel that that information alone makes a really strong argument that Eels will continue to be viable/ a top tier deck.

I accidentally voted for No. Your title for the thread and then the way the question was worded mad me screw up. Zekeels will definitely still be playable and still be very good. It's just a matter of figuring out if Raikou EX sniping or Rayquaza stuff is the way to go.

I think it will definitely lose viability. In 3 games with Hydreigon/Darkrai against builds, I absolutely destroyed ZekEels decks, especially with Sigilyph. They took maybe 4 prizes total.

I didn't expect Zekeels to have problems with Sigilyph. Granted it does have a pretty EX heavy attack base. They do have regular Zekroms as well. Were they just not getting them out or what? It seems like with standard Zekeels running 4 catchers and the couple regular Zekroms the Sigilyphs don't seem like they should be a huge problem.

I could be completely wrong though.

Some builds I've seen have already taken out Sigilyph for other things.

If Zeels loses to Hydreigon, it's not because of Sigilyph but rather it's because they could Catcher the Eels throughout the match and slow the Zeel deck down. I haven't tested the matchup yet, but I would say it's close to an even matchup.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
Some builds I've seen have already taken out Sigilyph for other things.

If Zeels loses to Hydreigon, it's not because of Sigilyph but rather it's because they could Catcher the Eels throughout the match and slow the Zeel deck down. I haven't tested the matchup yet, but I would say it's close to an even matchup.

dmaster out.

Taking out the Eels is the best thing for DarkRegion. If you start with the Dark Deino, and they have a active Tynamo, T2 Darkrai cripples them, and usually wins you the game.

But on the same token, if you get two Eels and a Raikou EX or a Zekrom EX, then all you have to do is take out thier Hydregion's, if you do that, they can't stream Max Potion effectively or really do anything else. You just have to survive the Darkrai EX onslaught and you win.

Emopanda133 said:
Taking out the Eels is the best thing for DarkRegion. If you start with the Dark Deino, and they have a active Tynamo, T2 Darkrai cripples them, and usually wins you the game.

But on the same token, if you get two Eels and a Raikou EX or a Zekrom EX, then all you have to do is take out thier Hydregion's, if you do that, they can't stream Max Potion effectively or really do anything else. You just have to survive the Darkrai EX onslaught and you win.

Well, it's no easy feat for a ZekEels deck to take out a Hydreigon. Nothing it has 1HKOs it (par Mewtwo with 8 Energy), and the deck does run Max Potion to thwart your efforts. You can't trap it active with Darkrai in the equation, and push come to shove, the Hydreigon player can set up another one with a fair amount of ease. They would just have to anticipate their opponent taking out their Hydreigon and plan accordingly.

I think Zekeels will see alot more people using Zekrom EX since it will OHKO alot of key pokemon. Hydreigon, Garchop, and Rayquaza to name a few.

VashEXE said:
I think Zekeels will see alot more people using Zekrom EX since it will OHKO alot of key pokemon. Hydreigon, Garchop, and Rayquaza to name a few.

Zekrom, Zekrom EX, Raikou EX and Mewtwo EX should be the attacker lines of Eels if it wants to keep being BDIF.

Zekrom EX in Zeels? Really? I think you mean Zekrom, Tornadus EX, Raikou EX, and Mewtwo EX should be the attacker lines of Eels If it wants to keep being BDIF. Then again I'd say Garchomp/Altaria or Darkrai/Hydreigon are tied as BDIF for the new BW-On Format.

Well it wasn't that heavily played in HGSS-On which is the current format right now before Worlds 2012. I did pretty good without it at Battle Roads and other events, and Tornadus EX is still played in Eels due to all the {F} out there right now.

Zekrom EX is going to become better after the rotation due to its ability to OHKO Garchomps, Hydreigons, Empoleons, and really any Stage 2 that becomes popular, at least imo.

Infinity said:
we're talking BW-On correct?

The Events I played in? That was HGSS-On.

Dark Void said:
Zekrom EX is going to become better after the rotation due to its ability to OHKO Garchomps, Hydreigons, Empoleons, and really any Stage 2 that becomes popular, at least imo.

Hmm, I might give it a shot again it's just that I don't think I'll have the deckspace for them when Raikou and Tornadus EX are pretty good in Zeels as is especially Mewtwo for Mewtwo Wars especially.

Back