XY Will Pokémon other than Fairy have their types revised this generation?

TokenDuelist said:
We don't even know if the game will be broken or balanced. Their whole focus is balance with this gen so until we actually get the games - there is no reason to complain about breaking a game you haven't even played yet and have no clue what the metagame for it will be until it's actually out.

It doesn't need any testing to tell that some of these Mega Pokémon will be far more powerful than anything we have seen before.

Pokequaza said:
TokenDuelist said:
We don't even know if the game will be broken or balanced. Their whole focus is balance with this gen so until we actually get the games - there is no reason to complain about breaking a game you haven't even played yet and have no clue what the metagame for it will be until it's actually out.

It doesn't need any testing to tell that some of these Mega Pokémon will be far more powerful than anything we have seen before.

Or they could somehow balance the game, as there are more than just "OU" pokemon that get these.

TokenDuelist said:

Lucario form with Adaptability = x2 power on Close Combat and Bullet Punch.
And Blaziken with Speed Boost is already uber tier; now we have one with potentially higher stats? ._. That is broken indeed.

Frezgle said:
TokenDuelist said:

Lucario form with Adaptability = x2 power on Close Combat and Bullet Punch.
And Blaziken with Speed Boost is already uber tier; now we have one with potentially higher stats? ._. That is broken indeed.

You don't know what triggers mega evo. It could be a fancy version of zen mode for all we know.

Discuss the CoroCoro leaks here! This thread is not for discussing the Mega Pokémon. In this thread you can discuss and reason why you believe other existing Pokémon could/should have their types revised.

Mawile has been confirmed so we can strike that off of our list of wants.

Honestly everyone saw that one coming.

I still think we have others that will be retyped. If the Clefairy line does not get retyped then there will be a storm of angry fans preparing to protest Game Freak.

Raptor9229, please keep your posts on topic. This thread is for types other than Fairy. You can discuss Pokémon you think to be re-typed as Fairy here!

Drohn said:
Raptor9229, please keep your posts on topic. This thread is for types other than Fairy. You can discuss Pokémon you think to be re-typed as Fairy here!

I misread the title, that was my fault.

Honestly I do not see other pokemon having their types revised yet since many of those types have stuck through the games for more than two generations even.

I also don't expect it to happen. Although I didn't expect many things to happen from the recent news. They are taking a whole new turn and it wouldn't surprise me.

Drohn said:
I also don't expect it to happen. Although I didn't expect many things to happen from the recent news. They are taking a whole new turn and it wouldn't surprise me.

You have a good point there but in all honesty if anything gets retyped it will probably be anything that can fit in as a fairy type. I honestly do not see Groudon getting the fire type because that would give it a 4x weakness to its counterpart Kyogre who already gets STAB against it anyway. I also doubt Kyogre will get the ice type as well since there is Rayquaza, Kyogre with ice beam and thunder is already deadly as is, a water/ice kyogre with ice beam and thunder? Especially a STAB ice beam? Yeah . . .

The reason why I used those two as an example is due to the fact that I had always thought that Groudon was a fire type and always wondered why it was not and now I completely understand why it is not one though.

And like you said I don't expect it to happen but it wouldn't surprise me although the best way for a retyping to happen is a Mega forme though.

So they did change old pokemon types afte all. Ampharos is a living proof. They even went farther and changed abilities as well. I'm liking this a lot :)

These are not really changes, though. They are new forms with different types. We don't know whether or not the types for regular forms have also changed.

Drohn said:
These are not really changes, though. They are new forms with different types. We don't know whether or not the types for regular forms have also changed.

Actually we do (at least the only case we have so far). There is an Ampharos sugi in the scan and next to it info saying it's Electric.

Drohn said:

Their normal forms retain their old types, CoroCoro listed their types as well, and nothing has changed.

Raptor9229 said:
Drohn said:

You have a good point there but in all honesty if anything gets retyped it will probably be anything that can fit in as a fairy type. I honestly do not see Groudon getting the fire type because that would give it a 4x weakness to its counterpart Kyogre who already gets STAB against it anyway. I also doubt Kyogre will get the ice type as well since there is Rayquaza, Kyogre with ice beam and thunder is already deadly as is, a water/ice kyogre with ice beam and thunder? Especially a STAB ice beam? Yeah . . .

The reason why I used those two as an example is due to the fact that I had always thought that Groudon was a fire type and always wondered why it was not and now I completely understand why it is not one though.

And like you said I don't expect it to happen but it wouldn't surprise me although the best way for a retyping to happen is a Mega forme though.

Actually i just realized that it makes sense since the Earth is covered WAY MORE by the ocean than land. Since their struggle is expanding their domain against the other's, Kyogre having the upper hand is obvious and giving them secondary types just reinforces that.

Mitja said:
Drohn said:

Actually we do (at least the only case we have so far). There is an Ampharos sugi in the scan and next to it info saying it's Electric.

Aww!! :'(
I thought naively that it was a sure sign that ampharos type would change... should have checked the scan more carefully

Back