XY Will Pokémon other than Fairy have their types revised this generation?

Well speaking of dragonfly like pokemon, I still think Game Freak dropped the ball when it came to Yanmega. They went with the overdone and weak combination of Bug/Flying when they could have done something really interesting. It would be amazing if they retconned it to Bug/Dragon. I could never see that happening, but one can dream.

It would also be nice to see Weezing retyped as Poison/Fire. It can learn a decent amount of fire moves, and the fact that it is based around air pollution which is usually caused by combustion of sorts, I could see it working. And I love Weezing, it would make him that much cooler in my opinion.

And maybe even make Glalie Ice/Dark. It seems a fitting type and the fact that it is partially based off of an Oni makes the dark type a bit more reasonable.

Yanmega.

Bug / Dragon. Please. Would be so much more badass to have a shiny Yanmega, since I do have one. xD

Imagine what Bug Buzz & Dragon Pulse with STAB could do. Omg.

Type=/=species=Egg-group

Regardless of how bug-like the Flygon-line looks, the only thing that should follow that is the appropriate egg-group, while as far as elemental association goes, it simply doesn't excel in Bug-type and hence is not that type.
Notice for example how it learns Bug-type moves only through Egg-moves/TMs but learns plenty Dragon-type ones on its own. Of course there is cases where learnset and typing go completely different directions, but in this case the connection is very clear.

Basically its up to gamefreak to decide if they want to do the obvious and give 99% of insects etc. the Bug type, but at any point they could say "fudge it, lets make it type1/type2 instead" simply because they decided that those are it's true attributes.
Maybe Drapion or Kabutops are another two examples, but in general Bug is being handed out very species-oriented, even though its not a rule, hence the confusion when one anomaly finally does show up.

So in other words,
Bug type is not about being an insect, its about the set of abilities and special powers (because that's what types are) that USUALLY come along with that.
Meaning there can be insects who don't come with Bug-type abilities,
and there can be non-insects that do.

Same with Dragon and the rest.

In the "learnable moves revision" thread something just occurred to me and its stuck in my head now.

448.png

Fighting.gif
vf86yw.jpg

It's so mythic and...blue I guess LOL.
Yeah I doubt many will think it makes sense, but I really wanna see a radical Dragon type (just as much as a non-insect Bug-type) and Lucario would do the job in a very cool manner. It would show that Dragon-type is an element and not a kind of creature.

RE: Learnable moves revision

Thetwiggy13 said:
This is basically what I meant in a way, although Flygon could go either way. As it is visually based on a dragonfly, it does make sense in that way. Although it is solely in the Bug Egg Group as well. Even starters such as Sceptile are placed in the Dragon Group. That's why I realize how both work, yet I think ground / bug with levitate could work more.

This is what confuses me. You say Game Freak didn't want to give Trapinch an extra type that would change, however look at Swablu. It's Normal/Flying and loses Normal-typing for Dragon later on. Scyther goes from Bug/Flying --> Bug/Steel.

Personally, I think that they could have made Trapinch Ground / Bug, and then Vibrava Ground / Bug with Levitate, and then, like you said, either the Flygon we have now or the ground / bug with Levitate evolution of Vibrava.

To make a long story short, Flygon could be either Ground / Dragon or Ground / Bug, both make sense to me.

How is flygon based on a dragonfly? that's what I said before, flygon is basically a parasaurolophus with a couple of wings (while vibrava has four, and 4 insect-like legs).
Sceptile is in the dragon egg group because that group represents (shape wise) reptiles and dragons, but not all. All the snakes are in there, even feebas and milotic.

Flygon is in the bug egg group because out of 3, two stages are clearly in the group, and flygon follows (I don't know if egg groups are ever gained or lost upon evolution).

I feel trapinch/vibrava/flygon's case is not the same as swablu or scyther's, because there are not so much possible types for the same line, swablu loses normal to dragon (I don't know why, altaria is unlike other dragons, but it's perfect for normal) and scyther loses flying (which, until that point, was something of an afterthought, rather than a fully fledged type) to gain steel, which was introduced that gen, and it's explained saying that scizor doesn't use it's wings to fly, but to prevent overheating. That's also why scyther doesn't learn fly (a common complaint). until volcarona and genesect, no bug pokemon ever were able to learn fly (HOLY. SHIT. genesect. learns. fly! that's the coolest thing ever. the thing is a freaking transformer, and YOU CAN FLY ON IT! HOLYSHITHOLYSHITHOLYSHIT)
Ehem. no bug pokemon ever learn fly, because, as I said, flying was always a subtype compared to others.

professorlight said:
How is flygon based on a dragonfly? that's what I said before, flygon is basically a parasaurolophus with a couple of wings (while vibrava has four, and 4 insect-like legs).
I guess that Flygon looks like a dragonfly to me. While its basis isn't completely a dragonfly, it has characteristics similar to one. I'm just saying that Flygon is more insect-like than most dragons. I mean, dragons look menacing while Flygon's speedy wings kick up sandstorms.
professorlight said:
I feel trapinch/vibrava/flygon's case is not the same than swablu or scyther's, because there are not so much possible types for the same line, swablu loses normal to dragon (I don't know why, altaria is unlike other dragons, but it's perfect for normal) and scyther loses flying to gain steel, which was introduced that gen, and it's explained saying that scizor doesn't use it's wings to fly, but to prevent overheating. . until volcarona and genesect, no bug pokemon ever were able to learn fly
Ehem. no bug pokemon ever learn fly, because, as I said, flying was always a subtype compared to others.

Flygon has "insect-like" qualities, which is why it's in the Bug Egg Group. An Antlion is a bug as well, and that is the main basis of Flygon. In my opinion, if it's based on a bug, put in a group with other bugs, and is able to learn *some* bug moves, that being part bug-type at least makes sense. Plus, Volcarona and Genesect can learn Fly according to the above user.
If Altaria is unlike other dragons, then Flygon is, too, in that logic.
Mitja said:
Type=/=species=Egg-group

Regardless of how bug-like the Flygon-line looks, the only thing that should follow that is the appropriate egg-group, while as far as elemental association goes, it simply doesn't excel in Bug-type and hence is not that type.
Notice for example how it learns Bug-type moves only through Egg-moves/TMs but learns plenty Dragon-type ones on its own. Of course there is cases where learnset and typing go completely different directions, but in this case the connection is very clear.

So in other words,
Bug type is not about being an insect, its about the set of abilities and special powers (because that's what types are) that USUALLY come along with that.

Gengar doesn't naturally learn poison-type moves through level-up, it has to be taught them by TMs. Prior to gen 5, Gliscor did not learn any flying-type moves by level-up. Phanpy only learns one move that isn't normal-type: Rollout. By the move logic, that doesn't really fit for Flygon as it can be an exception (like you stated). Plus, if it was bug-type, then it would obviously get moves in place of a dragon-typing.
Possibility of Flygon learning Bug-type Moves:
For example, in the Sapphire Pokedex "Flygon whips up a sandstorm by flapping its wings. The wings create a series of notes that sound like singing. Because the "singing" is the only thing that can be heard in a sandstorm, this Pokémon is said to be the desert spirit." This would say that Flygon would most likely get Bug Buzz. Plus, if Trapinch can learn Bug Bite, then it probably could too.

While the bug-type doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be an insect, you said you want to see a bug-type that isn't an insect. That means that because Flygon is based on one, it could fit in, right?

Mitja said:
Type=/=species=Egg-group

Basically its up to gamefreak to decide if they want to do the obvious and give 99% of insects etc. the Bug type, but at any point they could say "frick it, lets make it type1/type2 instead" simply because they decided that those are it's true attributes.
Maybe Drapion or Kabutops are another two examples, but in general Bug is being handed out very species-oriented, even though its not a rule, hence the confusion when one anomaly finally does show up.

So in other words,

In the "learnable moves revision" thread something just occurred to me and its stuck in my head now.

448.png

Fighting.gif
vf86yw.jpg

It's so mythic and...blue I guess LOL.
Yeah I doubt many will think it makes sense, but I really wanna see a radical Dragon type (just as much as a non-insect Bug-type) and Lucario would do the job in a very cool manner. It would show that Dragon-type is an element and not a kind of creature.

Sorry but no... It hurts my eyes just by seeing Lucario with the two types' icons below it...

While, like you said, some pokémon could be Bug-type like Drapion and Kabutops, I don't agree when you say Bug is not about being an insect. It actually is (Well, not just insects but arthropods in general). That's why most Bug-types have Bug as their primary type with only 3 having it as a secondary type. The same should be applied to dragon, but it seems GF doesn't take Dragon to the letter as it does with Bug... If you notice, while there are dragon-types that are not real dragons, there isn't a single bug-type that is not a bug.

btw, I think Flygon should be Bug/Dragon... It would deserve that combination way before Yanmega could even think about it... Yanmega being Bug/Dragon is stupid as it would be the same case that happens with Kingdra. It's a dragon just because the animal it's based on has the word "dragon" (which is not true for all languages, I must remind you). Flygon actually looks like a mix between a bug and a dragon, having features of both...

But Flygon is known to live in and produce sandstorms, so ground-type is a must.

Thetwiggy13 said:
...I'm just saying that Flygon is more insect-like than most dragons. I mean, dragons look menacing while Flygon's speedy wings kick up sandstorms.
...Flygon has "insect-like" qualities, which is why it's in the Bug Egg Group. An Antlion is a bug as well, and that is the main basis of Flygon. In my opinion, if it's based on a bug, put in a group with other bugs, and is able to learn *some* bug moves, that being part bug-type at least makes sense. Plus, Volcarona and Genesect can learn Fly according to the above user.
If Altaria is unlike other dragons, then Flygon is, too, in that logic.

No argument there. Sure flygon is not a standard dragon, but, as I said before, that's because it's a dinosaur, not a dragon, not a bug (just flygon, the other two are 100% bugs); that's what always stumped me: the conceptual jump from "adult antlion/dragonfly" to "winged parasaurolophus". Even the designs don't match at all (apart from the eye protectors and the tail spoilers); If you didn't know, you wouldn't guess they are related.
Volacaona and genesect learn fly, but they are the only bug types to do so (and volcarona is bigger than other bug types and genesect is freakin' optimus prime, so why not?). Flygon IS different from other dragons, like altaria and kingdra; not for nothing flygon is my favorite dragon.

Thetwiggy13 said:
While the bug-type doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be an insect, you said you want to see a bug-type that isn't an insect. That means that because Flygon is based on one, it could fit in, right?

Bug and dragon types (conceptually) are heavily influenced by creatures, rather than elements, that means the typing is defined by the pokemon and it's real world inspiration, not the other way around.
Example:
You get a snake, right? then you can get water (gyarados, milotic), rock (onix), poison (ekans, arbok, seviper), grass (snivy, servine, serperior), dragon (dratini, dragonair). that's a lot of different types with a single overarching form and a lot of side influences (the carp that became a dragon, a rattlesnake, a cobra, a serpentine dragon, etc).
But you get, say, an ant, or a moth, or a spider. What can you do with an ant that doesn't cry for a bug typing? crabs don't have this problem, despite being arthropods, because they are not perceived as bugs.
That's why all the dragon types that don't look like dragons stand out so much and don't make sense, and that's why all the bug types look like insects, or arachnids, it's their shape that restricts their typing.

Thetwiggy13 said:
But Flygon is known to live in and produce sandstorms, so ground-type is a must.

gojira disproves
[animate]tyranitar[/animate]

sand is not exclusive to ground nor rock.
The response will probably be that it has to be at least one of these two, but I question that.

I think we can all agree that GF confuses dragons and dinosaurs a lot. Either that or they just don't give a Rattata's ass.
But in my opinion, the whole line should have been Bug/Ground with levitate for vibrava and flygon and some dragon type moves for flygon. With pokemon like these, I like to have their species be primary and their element be secondary. They are a type of insect, bug should be first. Their main element is ground, that should be second. Dragon just because of a name and some physical features isn't enough for me.
BUT if I could redo the whole thing, I'd give yanma a prevo and vibrava a different evolution to make those two lines parallel like I think they should be. The vibrava line would be Bug/Ground with the yanma line as Bug/Flying. Flygon would be off to the side as a Dragon/Bug with levitate and ground moves on his own like Lapras and Tropius,
THEN THEY COULD BE THE DINOSAUR POKEMON TRIO
or maybe a fearsome foursome if you count lonely Aerodactyl.

Mitja said:
gojira disproves

The response will probably be that it has to be at least one of these two, but I question that.

Hey, I see you got my detail about sandstorms. It's peculiar because even the Black / White 2 Pokedex says: "Known as "The Desert Spirit," this Pokémon hides in the sandstorms it causes by beating its wings." It makes its own sandstorms, as you can see. It even learns Sandstorm by level-up in the 40s. That's what I meant. I think this could bring enough evidence for Flygon to be part Ground-type, but there isn't much question on that.

professorlight said:
No argument there. Sure flygon is not a standard dragon, but, as I said before, that's because it's a dinosaur, not a dragon, not a bug (just flygon, the other two are 100% bugs); that's what always stumped me: the conceptual jump from "adult antlion/dragonfly" to "winged parasaurolophus". Even the designs don't match at all (apart from the eye protectors and the tail spoilers); If you didn't know, you wouldn't guess they are related.
Volacaona and genesect learn fly, but they are the only bug types to do so (and volcarona is bigger than other bug types and genesect is freakin' optimus prime, so why not?). Flygon IS different from other dragons, like altaria and kingdra; not for nothing flygon is my favorite dragon.

Bug and dragon types (conceptually) are heavily influenced by creatures, rather than elements, that means the typing is defined by the pokemon and it's real world inspiration, not the other way around.
Example:
You get a snake, right? then you can get water (gyarados, milotic), rock (onix), poison (ekans, arbok, seviper), grass (snivy, servine, serperior), dragon (dratini, dragonair). that's a lot of different types with a single overarching form and a lot of side influences (the carp that became a dragon, a rattlesnake, a cobra, a serpentine dragon, etc).
But you get, say, an ant, or a moth, or a spider. What can you do with an ant that doesn't cry for a bug typing? crabs don't have this problem, despite being arthropods, because they are not perceived as bugs.
That's why all the dragon types that don't look like dragons stand out so much and don't make sense, and that's why all the bug types look like insects, or arachnids, it's their shape that restricts their typing.

Let me clear things up, I made it sound confusing. One user told me that Flygon may be a bug, but that doesn't mean it's a bug-type. Then later s/he had said that all bug-types are bug Pokemon. I was just saying that, by what that person had said, Flygon could count. Sorry for the confusion.

Your snake theory makes sense, especially since every example's typing corresponds with its environment or abilities. (Snivy is a garden snake, Ekans is a poisonous, Milotic is one in the water [although Milotic is more of a serpent]). I also realize that this can work with Flygon, since it does have bug traits it doesn't have to be bug-type. I was just saying that I'd like it to be, and the idea of Flygon being a bug-type isn't completely absurd, as there is evidence to back it up.

From Vibrava, Flygon stays the antlion bug it was based off of, however it gains more dragonlike qualities as it evolves. In my opinion, one could say that Flygon even gets a little reptilian rather than that of a dinosaur with those three-clawed hands on its skinny arms. That's just my perspective, though, other people may disagree.

Debate aside, I gotta admit that you have a good taste in dragon-types XD. Flygon is my favorite too, although both Altaria and Kingdra are close behind (probably because all three aren't the standard dragon). While we may not agree completely on a few different points, I'm sure we can about how every Pokemon isn't defined in just a few types, and some are more interesting than others.

All in all, I just think an upgraded Nincada would be pretty cool. Its dual-type is unique, and with the added effects of Levitate, Flygon could use the same typing Nincada has to go just as far as it can with its Dragon-typing.

"Flygon is based on the winged, adult stage of the antlion, which highly resembles a dragonfly. Often the adult antlion and dragonfly are confused with one another, and Flygon could draw inspiration from both. In fact, some species of dragonflies are commonly called "sand dragons", which could account for Vibrava and Flygon's type combination. In keeping with its Dragon type, it also possesses a dragonlike build and reptilian features such as its arms and tail."

So basically Game Freak confused antlions (the actual inspiration) with dragonflys (something similar) and got the dragon type from this. Had they done more research, they would have made this line have 0% to do with dragons and left that typing for yanmega. In fact, flygon would probably look much more like vibrava and have no dragon like features along with the entire line having Bug/Ground or Ground/Bug had they done the right thing. But naturally they got confused and are now confusing us. Let's move on.

Thetwiggy13 said:
Mitja said:
gojira disproves

Hey, I see you got my detail about sandstorms. It's peculiar because even the Black / White 2 Pokedex says: "Known as "The Desert Spirit," this Pokémon hides in the sandstorms it causes by beating its wings." It makes its own sandstorms, as you can see. It even learns Sandstorm by level-up in the 40s. That's what I meant. I think this could bring enough evidence for Flygon to be part Ground-type, but there isn't much question on that.

Let me clear things up, I made it sound confusing. One user told me that Flygon may be a bug, but that doesn't mean it's a bug-type. Then later s/he had said that all bug-types are bug Pokemon. I was just saying that, by what that person had said, Flygon could count. Sorry for the confusion.

Your snake theory makes sense, especially since every example's typing corresponds with its environment or abilities. (Snivy is a garden snake, Ekans is a poisonous, Milotic is one in the water [although Milotic is more of a serpent]). I also realize that this can work with Flygon, since it does have bug traits it doesn't have to be bug-type. I was just saying that I'd like it to be, and the idea of Flygon being a bug-type isn't completely absurd, as there is evidence to back it up.

From Vibrava, Flygon stays the antlion bug it was based off of, however it gains more dragonlike qualities as it evolves. In my opinion, one could say that Flygon even gets a little reptilian rather than that of a dinosaur with those three-clawed hands on its skinny arms. That's just my perspective, though, other people may disagree.

Debate aside, I gotta admit that you have a good taste in dragon-types XD. Flygon is my favorite too, although both Altaria and Kingdra are close behind (probably because all three aren't the standard dragon). While we may not agree completely on a few different points, I'm sure we can about how every Pokemon isn't defined in just a few types, and some are more interesting than others.

All in all, I just think an upgraded Nincada would be pretty cool. Its dual-type is unique, and with the added effects of Levitate, Flygon could use the same typing Nincada has to go just as far as it can with its Dragon-typing.

I wouldn't guide myself too much for the sandstorms thing, since it's not an intrinsic part of the design, besides, sandstorm is a rock type move (which always surprised me) so flygon would have to be rock type, then.

Nincada! I had forgotten about it! maybe that's why trapinch is not bug/ground and vibrava is not bug/flying. Two bug/ground -> bug/ flying lines in a gen without relation to each other is too coincidental.

But now I ask you, what does flygon looks like more?

this:
[img width=300 height=]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlZ6MW29WfFvwdQviTBqqJmyKSFwfQv5NmS_Qc2saAfNZQmuZWgQ[/img]

or this:
[img width=300 height=]http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/RGWU5nf496c/hqdefault.jpg?feature=og[/img]

Also, I like those exact same dragons too, I just don't use them since I have better replacements for them, but seadra was my water pokemon in 1st gen (back when I needed a water pokemon) and I always wanted to use kingdra, but couldn't (damn trading).

[private] edited to remove bulbapedia *Drohn
Thetwiggy13 said:
Mitja said:
gojira disproves

I wouldn't guide myself too much for the sandstorms thing, since it's not an intrinsic part of the design, besides, sandstorm is a rock type move (which always surprised me) so flygon would have to be rock type, then.

Nincada! I had forgotten about it! maybe that's why trapinch is not bug/ground and vibrava is not bug/flying. Two bug/ground -> bug/ flying lines in a gen without relation to each other is too coincidental.

There is this article about the real life basis for certain pokemon that talked about the trapinch line, but it focused too much in trapinch and vibrava, barely speaking of flygon:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/On_the_Origin_of_Species:_Trapinch,_Vibrava_and_Flygon

this:
[img width=300 height=]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlZ6MW29WfFvwdQviTBqqJmyKSFwfQv5NmS_Qc2saAfNZQmuZWgQ[/img]

or this:
[img width=300 height=]http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/RGWU5nf496c/hqdefault.jpg?feature=og[/img]

Also, I like those exact same dragons too, I just don't use them since I have better replacements for them, but seadra was my water pokemon in 1st gen (back when I needed a water pokemon) and I always wanted to use kingdra, but couldn't (damn trading).
[/private]

professorlight said:

this:

or this:

TBH i think flygon looking like that dinosaur is a coincidence and not intentional at all. I think they stuck with basing it off what THEY THOUGHT was an antlion as I explained in my previous post. And even so, I don't actually see the resemblance to the dinosaur that much anyway.

Thetwiggy13 said:
Mitja said:
gojira disproves

I think you missed my point. I wasn't doubting that Flygon has a strong association to the desert, I know my stuff. What I was questioning is the idea that desert implies Ground type.
Using the picture of Tyranitar, I wanted to show the pokemon that actually does cause sandstorms in the game, while NOT being Ground type. Heck even the move Sandstorm isn't Ground type.

Sand is not Rock and its not Ground, its just one material that is useful to those types of pokemon and might very well be a part of design on pokemon who are neither of those types in future.

Anyone else think Ninetales should be Psychic type? Or that Granbull and Ursaring should be Dark type? They seem to fit those types pretty well...(Plus STAB Psychic/STAB Crunch for them would be awesome!
Heck, Pokemon Snakewood made Hariyama Normal type, and made Linoone evolve into a DRAGON, so people have had crazier thoughts.

Mitja said:
I think you missed my point. I wasn't doubting that Flygon has a strong association to the desert, I know my stuff. What I was questioning is the idea that desert implies Ground type.
Using the picture of Tyranitar, I wanted to show the pokemon that actually does cause sandstorms in the game, while NOT being Ground type. Heck even the move Sandstorm isn't Ground type.

Sand is not Rock and its not Ground, its just one material that is useful to those types of pokemon and might very well be a part of design on pokemon who are neither of those types in future.

So I'm not implying that because it lives in the desert that it is ground/rock/steel or whatever. Look at Cacturne with Sand Veil. What I'm saying is that if it kicks up dirt with its wings, that means that it will benefit from the move that it makes (Sandstorm). Sandstorm is beneficial to ground, rock, and steel, (and some abilities), and because it can even learn the move through level-up. Other than the already-said Cacnea line, the only Pokemon to learn Sandstorm through level-up are those beneficial to it through typing.

Sand isn't a "type," it just distinguishes those who can thrive in the desert versus those who cannot. (And Hippowdon is Ground-type with Sandstream too). With that information, one can see that with the benefits of sand, living in the desert, and learning Sandstorm through level-up that Flygon has a good reason to be part Ground in its typing.

Thetwiggy13 said:
Mitja said:

So I'm not implying that because it lives in the desert that it is ground/rock/steel or whatever. Look at Cacturne with Sand Veil. What I'm saying is that if it kicks up dirt with its wings, that means that it will benefit from the move that it makes (Sandstorm). Sandstorm is beneficial to ground, rock, and steel, (and some abilities), and because it can even learn the move through level-up. Other than the already-said Cacnea line, the only Pokemon to learn Sandstorm through level-up are those beneficial to it through typing.

Sand isn't a "type," it just distinguishes those who can thrive in the desert versus those who cannot. (And Hippowdon is Ground-type with Sandstream too). With that information, one can see that with the benefits of sand, living in the desert, and learning Sandstorm through level-up that Flygon has a good reason to be part Ground in its typing.
I think he has ground type because of the antlion and it's behavior and habitat. Not because he makes sand storms. The reason being because that's not important to him and he can survive without it. Just take him out of the dessert and he's still got reasons for being a ground type. But seriously Game Freak simply messed up and we should move on.

InstantBacon said:
Anyone else think Ninetales should be Psychic type? Or that Granbull and Ursaring should be Dark type? They seem to fit those types pretty well...(Plus STAB Psychic/STAB Crunch for them would be awesome!
Heck, Pokemon Snakewood made Hariyama Normal type, and made Linoone evolve into a DRAGON, so people have had crazier thoughts.

I agree but I'm not sure as to whether Ninetales should get psychic or ghost.

Ohman177 said:
Thetwiggy13 said:

I think he has ground type because of the antlion and it's behavior and habitat. Not because he makes sand storms. The reason being because that's not important to him and he can survive without it. Just take him out of the dessert and he's still got reasons for being a ground type. But seriously Game Freak simply messed up and we should move on.

This is kind of what I'm saying, I was just implying that Flygon is able to make sandstorms in its own habitat, and that factors in with his Ground-typing. It is still based on the antlion, yes, but the fact that it interacts with its habitat means that Flygon has a reason for its typing. It can make sandstorms and thrive in them, and the location of which you could find one backs up what I was saying. I agree with you on that.

I think we should move on, too. We've summed up the controversy on Flygon by now XD.

I have another possible retyping, although you may not like it as much: Absol is known for sensing disasters to happen, can learn Future Sight through level-up, and has abilities that other Dark-types do not have. While this may seem "Farfetch'd," imagine the possibility of Absol being Dark/Psychic. Some other retypings I could see are Cryogonal gaining a Steel-typing (secondary), and Dewott (don't kill me) looks part fighting-type to me. This might just be because it's a water ninja :D

I think Druddigon should be Dragon/Rock.
I really like Druddigon's design, and I think he should be Rock because he's based on a Gargoyle.

Back