Will Bill Return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veyatii

EX. Strategist
He was/is the perhaps the greatest Trainer card ever made.
Gone for over the last 3-4 years, people mourn over his departure.
The simplicy, easyness, the friendlyness. He left a gap in the Trainer area that hasn't even been come close to being re-filled.

Here was his text and effect: DRAW 2 CARDS

Now with more and more cards from the days of yore coming back to the now-healthy modified format, the question I would like all of you TCG players out there to discuss this question...

Should Bill return to the modified format, Supporter or not?

i think he should, but there's no way they'd make him as a non-supporter because he would be BROKEN if they did that again.

Arcanine out.

Yes broken he would be. Though being a Supporter would make him inferior to Steven, TV, Field Worker, Mission and all those other drawing essentials.

Of course he isnt the best drawing card in history, Prof Oak was better IMO, but that view varies according to each person, but let's not get onto the Oak issue.

Like I said in that other thread, Bill "shouldnt" be a supporter. My reason is that it would make the game worse. How? Because it is simply an inferior card to TV Rep, Field Worker, Rocket's Mission, Holon Adventurer, Bill's Mantinence, Prof Oak's Research, etc. Why would you waste a supporter on drawing 2 cards when you can draw 3 or more? Does Anyone see my point there? Bill as a supporter would just make the game WORSE and it would be a completely pointless card to make.

Making him a non-supporter would make the game more balanced. The game is TOO dependant on supporters. Every card is a supporter, the others are tools with a few stadiums. If those people remember how unlimited was played then you'll know how easy it was to get what you want quickly, MUCH MUCH easier to what it is today. Pidgeot and Magcargo are abused so much because we have nothing good in terms of drawing cards and that's a fact.

If they did bring him back, knowing Nintendo, they WOULD make him a supporter because they are obsessed with supporters and that every "person" card must be a supporter. Even if they brought back Bill's Teleporter as a non-supporter I would play 4 in every deck, even though it is a flip.

I could go on and write a thesis on why Bill shouldnt be a supporter but i think i'll stop there for now, lol :p

I see your point Abhorsen, but if (like Arcanine said) they made him a regular Trainer, he would be next to brokeness (perhaps he actually is brok.).

But the again, how many decent draw cards are regular Trainers? Heck, we are going to be playing MasterBall after the rotation...

Veyatii said:
I see your point Abhorsen, but if (like Arcanine said) they made him a regular Trainer, he would be next to brokeness (perhaps he actually is brok.).
He was no way near broken in unlimited, he was quite average, maybe a little below average. He would only be semi-broken in modified since there isnt anything like him there. If Prof Oak came back then Bill would be nothing compared to him. Everything is a supporter and that's why the game lacks. Nintendo need to open up the options and make the game less supporter based so we can play decks which wouldnt normally work.

Veyatii said:
But the again, how many decent draw cards are regular Trainers? Heck, we are going to be playing MasterBall after the rotation...
See my point now? We're going to have to result to MasterBall and PokeNav in the next format just to survive -_- It's kinda lame when you think about it...

Yeah. But the whole Trainer buisiness is why Bill will be next to brok./really good. If Oak came out on its own it would be No.1 Broken.
If the two came out simutaneously then Oak would be played x4 in every deck and Bill wouldn't be that spectacular

I would be happy with a supporter that would just let you draw 2 cards. Think of it, all supporters that let you draw 3 cards have a disadvantage. So a 2 card draw supporters without disadvantage would be nice.

besides, bill is a person, so if he would come back as a supporter (besides, he wouldn't be Bill, because we already have Bill's maintenance)

True all of draw Supporters have set-backs but they add to strategy: MetaNite uses TV and Draggy to make energy attachment easier to name one.

If Bill did draw just 2, then that would make him an inferior card to play, especially against Stevens. Abhorsen should agree with this as well since compared with many other draw cards that have past, Bill is inferior even though he was so simple.

i miss prof. elm. i reeeeeealy don't want to resort to Pokenav! We'll still have celio and bill maintenance, which has "Bill" in it.

Arcanineo out.

Exactly. Bill as a supporter would be a waste. I would rather discard that extra card for TV rep just to draw 1 extra card. That 1 extra card could be exactly what I need to win. Mary's Request is another example. If you dont use stage2's then you should have 4 in each deck since there is no disadvantage to it. Bill being a person is no reason to make him a supporter, that's not the whole point. The point is that if he was a supporter he would be a pointless card. I dont care if they reprint him under a different name, but as long as we have 1 card that isnt a supporter and says: 'Draw 2 cards' THEN i'll be happy.

Professor Elm should be re-printed too as a non-supporter. He wouldnt be broken either since no trainers can be played after his use, only energy and pokemon. That at least is a reason to make him a non-supporter otherwise it would just be like copycat, prof birch, etc.

If Computer Search was reprinted then it would HAVE to be a supporter despite not being a person. It's just like quicksearch but you have to discard 2 cards to use it, which I think is fair seeing as you wouldnt need the whole Pidgeot line.

RE:  Will Bill Return?

Veyatii said:

I think that he will return and become a supporter. Think of all of the people that would use 3-4 Bills and 1 + Steven's each turn if he were a regular trainer.

Yeah we need bill back because even though you can only draw 2 cards it helps when you are in a bad situation. So I think they should make him a supporter card and add him back into the frey of the TCG roster.:)

xxashxx said:
So I think they should make him a supporter card and add him back into the frey of the TCG roster.:)
-_- I still dont think my point is sinking through...

Let me post my comment again:

"Bill "shouldnt" be a supporter. My reason is that it would make the game worse. How? Because it is simply an inferior card to TV Rep, Field Worker, Rocket's Mission, Holon Adventurer, Bill's Mantinence, Prof Oak's Research, etc. Why would you waste a supporter on drawing 2 cards when you can draw 3 or more? Does Anyone see my point there? Bill as a supporter would just make the game WORSE and it would be a completely pointless card to make.."

Even so, if they actually remake Bill as a non-supporter, I highly doubt they even think about remaking the REAL retro-brok.s like Oak since the game will go back to the days of Neo where everything is broken and anything else, unless extremely sinisterly original and well-dvised comes up, it will the same decks, same trainers, same format.

If Oak came back as a supporter, it'd be really nice. And if a 'draw 2 cards' card came back, it wouldn't be a supporter, everyone'd call it Bill, but it wouldn't be Bill.

True, and Oak would bring in new archetypes called Delcatty EX and Bannete EX.

If they do decide to bring back Bill as a supporter it should perhaps be a cross between Teleporter and the orginal:

**Flips a coin, if heads, draw 4 cards, if tails, draw 2 cards.**

Maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back