'Wild Blaze' Leaking: Scans and Translations! [3/12]

MrSquarepants said:
Gold Megas are probably gonna be a thing now. Damn that means I can't quit till I get Gold Mega Scizor and Gold Mega Gardevoir for my favorite Pokemon collection. I secretly hope they're not playable so they won't be worth much. *gets shot*

I just realized Mega Charizard X is weak to fairy even Fire resists it. WHY YOU MAKE NO SENSE TCG??? Bah prolly to promote the use of Fairies maybe.

Yeah, probably. I just hope if they continue this "trend" they make the cards a little bit cooler looking later.. Okay, I haven't seen them in person but as far as I can see the only thing different is the japanese text (will probably be english over here) and the borders doesn't look that much different. I wish they had some cool texture or different holofoil at least =/ Could happen as the secret rares in BW changed quiet a bit, first the Pikachu/Meowth, then shinys and after a while they added golden borders.

Videoland said:
MrSquarepants said:
Gold Megas are probably gonna be a thing now. Damn that means I can't quit till I get Gold Mega Scizor and Gold Mega Gardevoir for my favorite Pokemon collection. I secretly hope they're not playable so they won't be worth much. *gets shot*

I just realized Mega Charizard X is weak to fairy even Fire resists it. WHY YOU MAKE NO SENSE TCG??? Bah prolly to promote the use of Fairies maybe.

Yeah, probably. I just hope if they continue this "trend" they make the cards a little bit cooler looking later.. Okay, I haven't seen them in person but as far as I can see the only thing different is the japanese text (will probably be english over here) and the borders doesn't look that much different. I wish they had some cool texture or different holofoil at least =/ Could happen as the secret rares in BW changed quiet a bit, first the Pikachu/Meowth, then shinys and after a while they added golden borders.

think about it though, the current megas are just like the exs, slick and smooth cards. the secret rare ones are going to be more like the BW secret rares with some texture ect so they should be a lot more interesting. at least...thats what im hoping:(

Do we have a definitive translation for Pal Pad? It says Supporter, but the image is obviously an Item. Which is it?

ryter78 said:
Can anyone clarify if Toxicroak's Trioxic move puts 3 damage counters on opposing Pokemon for the duration of being poisoned or just for that instance? I would have rather it have an ability amplifying virbank. None the less I'm excited for this card.
I'm liking the addition of more control like cards such as the surprise megaphone, can't wait to see a deck centered around that and others like red card.

Since it says between "turns" emphasis on the s (plural) I think it means all turns not just that instance.

Frost Mage said:
Oh my god Surprise Megaphone....

Garboder who? what?

No more tool crazy decks me thinks. It's like tool scraper but better.

It's been getting a bit of hate, but I'm not a competitive player so this is probably my favorite set! I absolutely love the artwork on all of the cards.

I've preordered a booster box, really hoping for that FA Lysandre...

NotSeen said:
OK, guys, I think, all was said, except for maybe the only thing: I really hate XY sets water types, because of their weakness to grass. Is it so hard to understand, that water is naturally weak to lightning? What the hell change the creator's mind to make all water types weak to grass? Why they hate me? It's so logical like sledge in the middle of summer… yeah, I actually love fire types [so this set is impressive for me, it even includes my fav Pokémon: Ponyta (although its illustration is not so good)] but I actually pity all the water types and I hope, they don't print new Poliwag until they correct their minds and make at least some lightning weak waters. (Some of them are weak to metal, but it's only due to the fact, that they are ice…)… so: the only few mon's that remains weak to lightning are now actually birds… no fair.

And due to their stupid rule with mega's I can't expect any new Kadabra. That Pokémon must be really hated in Japan or what, because no new Kadabra's since oldest Team Rocket (if we don't count Sabrina's Kadabra and no so good sets like Aquapolis/Skyridge/Expedition).

OK, that's all I wanted to say this time…

Perhaps to balance fire-water-grass out. Loving this new format. How it ought to be;)

Looks like this set brought on a three-way battle with Blastoise/Charizard/VirGen. I'm interested in the following:

*Miltank
"Hundred Man's Strength" for [C] may be a nice tech in Stage 2's

*Goodra
"Regoovery" Ability seems like a solid tank

*DruddigonFF
"Revenge" killer to Dragons like BKEX/PalkiaEX/Kingdra/RayquazaEX

*Meowstic
"Sinister Hand"-esque "Mastearmind" when DusknoirBC is rotated?

*DusknoirFF
still going to be a pain dragging counters on PTCGO. Le sigh

*Bergmite
if only "Stomp Off" was more like DurantNV's "Devour" then maybe a more bulky Avalugg/Celebi deck can be made. I can dream there will be an errata:p

*Pyroar
perhaps a rise, albeit slight, in Empoleon/Raichu/Zoroark/Garchomp in a format dominated by EX's. Would love to see how the metagame responds

*Surprise Megaphone (and basically all the Trainers)
when Sableye is rotated, is it RIP Garbodor? And RIP Rush In/Retreat? We hardly knew ye

sneaking said:
when Sableye is rotated, is it RIP Garbodor? And RIP Rush In/Retreat? We hardly knew ye

Surprise megaphone will *be* no different to how effective tool scrapper is right now against Garb or Keldeo/Float.

sneaking said:

Keldeo won't be affected hard as it'll still have the aid of Darkrai's Dark Cloak (which in turn was reprinted in Legendary Treasures) and Fairy Garden

Not making any FA megas is a pretty big missed opportunity in my opinion. That should have been the secret rare, putting the name of the attack in English doesent do much for me.

Back