Wigglytuff Discussion

worthiyay

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone thinking off using this Wigglytuff?
90-wigglytuff.jpg
Possible energy acceleration options:
Gardevoir (Psychic Mirage)
Xerneas (Geomancy)
Yvetal (Dark Wing)
Blastoise (Deluge)
Emboar (Infernal Fandango)
Aromatisse (Energy Trans)
Plasma energy engine

What obstacles does this card face?

worthiyay said:
What obstacles does this card face?

Pokémon-EX. Plasma Kyurem. Reshiram even. They can hit you for an OHKO. Bye-bye Energy and x amount of turns of setup. Not a good card.

You'd need 9 energies on it to kill most EX's. The 2 best energy engines would be Blastoise and Emboar, but they have better options for energy loading. Gardevoir's ability would be a nice pair, as it'd need 5 to OHKO most EXs, but that'd take way too long to beef up. I don't think it'll see much play.

Edit: Right, forgot about the Psychic type requirement with Gardevoir's ability.

worthiyay said:
Plasma energy engine

Two issues here, Gardevoir only affects Psychic Pokemon and Thundurus-EX only affect Plasma Pokemon, and so does Colress Machine. So no? lol

Also, this thing gets OHKO'd by everything and needs 6 energy + Laserbank + Bangle to OHKO an EX. People will try anything these days just to try unique stuff. Play meta IMO

The only thing I can see Wigglytuff used for is a last-chance, all-in attack for whatever Fairy decks come out, and even then it might not be worth the two deck slots.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
worthiyay said:
Plasma energy engine

Two issues here, Gardevoir only affects Psychic Pokemon. And Thundurus-EX only affect Plasma Pokemon, and so does Colress Machine. So no? lol

Also, this thing gets OHKO'd by everything and needs 6 energy + Laserbank + Bangle to OHKO an EX. People will try anything these days just to try unique stuff. Play meta IMO

You're right about Gardevoir, sorry. But colress badge

I think it's a passable card. Two decent attacks and good typing make it a step above most bad cards, but I don't think it will see any play outside of limited.

The Wigglytuff I think is interesting is the one with Hocus Pinkus. It's like Cobalion's Iron Breaker but less damage for slightly easier energy requirements. Could be disruptive (even with the ways around it).

Well OK, lets discuss the other wiggly then.

89-wigglytuff.jpg

What are some ways to prevent the opponent from using cards like switch to work around the effect of the second attack?

Trevenant, Gothitelle, Dragonite, Zebstrika... Oh wait it doesn't have a switching effect and you want wigglytuff to attack. Oh. Well apart from them there is no card to prevent people playing a 'switch'. You could always try Garbodor to stop Keldeos' rushing in on you. There isn't really a deck there at all.

It's such a mediocre card at best. Decent fillers for people who don't have the right cards to build their deck so they may put these types of cards in while waiting for good cards.

Might as well use Mewtwo instead of that first Wigglytuff.

The second one is probably good for forcing the opponent to waste resources to switch out. I won games on forcing opponents to do that...

Hockus Pinkus Wigglytuff with Jellicent from BC that has stickiness. Run counter stadiums, tool scrappers, and ghetsis?

^The problem is Float Stone and Dark Cloak negate stickiness. Also Scrappers and Ghetsis leave your opponent still able to get switch/garbo out on their turn. There's no way either Wigglytuff can be viable.

Cough cough completely outclassed by Mewtwo.

As for the second Wigglytuff, don't we have an Xerneas that does the same thing but better?

Wigglytuff / Garbodor / Goodra
Takes care of Darkrai and stupid Float Stone. I notice some people have stopped playing switch so let's see where that takes us.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Wogglytuff/Garbodor/Goodra
Takes care of Darkrai and stupid Fliat Stone
I notice some people have stopped playing switch so let's see where that takes us.

Garbodor shuts off goodra... oh wait XD.

If you are looking for a Pokemon to block from retreating while having an attack that does some damage, then Hocus Pinkus wigglytuff is your best opti..... Oh wait. That plasma snorlax is still in format! And it has an attack that easily OHKO's EX's!

Iron Breaker Cobalion isn't all that good; I don't see why Wigglytuff should be any better ya feel?

Yveltal EX and Mewtwo EX are just simply way better. This is the exact example of trying to force the issue when there are just better cards. 100 HP stage 1's with low damage output are not ideal by any means.

Back