Wi-Fi Trades Wi-Fi Wednesday I - Finish Him: Linoone

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
mzSRdiO.png

<Porygon2> Welcome to Wi-Fi Wednesday! This is a weekly topic where Porygon and I issue challenges for you (and ourselves!) to complete over Wi-Fi battles, and for us to discuss the hilarious battles afterwards.
<Porygon> --ERROR 404-- PROCEDURE DATA NOT FOUND.
<Porygon2> Dude, I just uploaded all the data to your hard drive >.> Looks like you could use a reminder. If you accept the challenge, you may post Battle Video codes (or Replay links) of you completing it. If you successfully complete it, you will receive points.
<Porygon> --ERROR 404-- UTILITY FOR POINTS NOT FOUND.
<Porygon2> Ah, why do I even bother! Just hand me this week's challenge already.
<Porygon> *hands (?) papers*
<Porygon2> Ladies and gentlemen, this week's challenge is.... *suspense*

To Knock Out your opponent's last Pokémon with a Linoone!

<Porygon2> This will award you 50 points! The more times you're able to do it, the more points you get. However, if we find out you're cheating in some way, or that you've got an arrangement...Porygon will punish you.
<Porygon> *stares blankly at ceiling*
<Porygon2> Uh, he will. Trust me. There's evil behind that, uh, innocent look. Don't let it fool you.
<Porygon> *runs (?) after butterfly*
<Porygon2> Seriously, he will.

Also, check out our other daily topics for this week:
Speculation Sunday
Metagame Monday
Teamwork Tuesday
Theory Thursday
Fun Friday

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you use Showdown? Some of us might not own a Linoone, you know. If not, then I've got some training to do. This looks fun, though!

What happens when its not Wednesday anymore?
You can still do it until the next challenge is posted.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-279131949
That was easy enough. Can I have half points because my opponent was using half a team?
Sure.
And for full marks: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-279147287
Should I just edit this post with the replays to prevent a flood of posts?
EDIT 1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-279154515
It's better if you just post again,that way we make sure I don't miss any replay.

This is actually an extremely difficult challenge. My advice is to not use any boosting Sweepers on your team, as it is easy to go overboard and sweep. Entry Hazards help, but Defog/Rapid Spin are problematic.

This is actually an extremely difficult challenge. My advice is to not use any boosting Sweepers on your team, as it is easy to go overboard and sweep. Entry Hazards help, but Defog/Rapid Spin are problematic.
Think of Linoone as some kind of Scizor, in the sense that it's there to clean up. Maybe pairing it with bulky offense/wallbreakers would help :p

Think of Linoone as some kind of Scizor, in the sense that it's there to clean up. Maybe pairing it with bulky offense/wallbreakers would help :p
I actually use Scizor. But Clefable and "Insurance Agent" [Charizard X - called Insurance Agent because no matter who you are, he's got you covered] might have been bad calls.

I love how everyone was killing themselves to do it in OU while no format was specified :V

Back