Why is Torterra Lv.X so....

anshkansara

Aspiring Trainer
bad? i mean, if u use it late game, when ur down a bit, it can cause 2 kos! think of it this way:

ur down, 3-2 in terms of prizes. your opponent has out a, eh i dunno, bronzong. u have out an empoleon. u use an aqua jet. they hav less then 30 hp now. they finish u off with shady stamp. u bring out tor lvl x. u use forest murmurs. bring out say a infernape. hit a vigorous dash. 2 kos. thats pretty kool. if there is a good reason why its bad, please dont yelll at me. i havent played pokemon since the expedition set or the base set :/

RE: y is torterra lvl x so....

The reason why torterra level x is never played is because it is slow. Sure, the concept is great, but a stage 3 with a 4 energy cost and a 4 retreat it cannot last a minute in a format full of lucarios and blisseys. That's the sad reality of pokemon.

His high energy cost and slow setup is what people are scared of. If a faster way to play him was used....he'd be decent. I think sceptile from the DP4 set could work with him.

Personally I like torterra and his lv.x but this speed dominated format(Blissey, lucario, banette, kricketune, etc.) are just to much for him. Torterra is just to slow to be good right now.

I saw someone play TorterraZone. The Sceptiles from POP4 and DP4 could also be good.

Bad? It's a great card, but looses due speed and consistency

I imagine we will see him played after DP4 comes out. It's going to turn the turtle into a speed powerhouse if built correctly.

Obv you people have never played a good torterra list. Its both consistant and deadly. Note that speed DOESN'T win games. And the blissey matchup is 70-30.

Well yeah, Torterra can be good, but with the speed decks that are around now, Torterra is a little on the slow side to build up.

ummm, scramble??? lol, thats a must for torterra. You're always behind until the end of the game. Once you get up 2 torterra lv X, the game is basically over, as its nearly impossible to kill 1 of them, much less 2 (or 3 if you can cycle and rebuild it back up, which is very possible/likely, given torterra's lifespan).

Scramble is a huge help for it. If only Fluffy berry weren't rotated out....Vespiquen/Tort would have been almost unstoppable.

yay for the supporters of Torterra ! <3 I personally think its a great card. Ive also thought its pretty slow, but i like it nonetheless :) and a card doesnt have to be strong to make it your favourite. I love Torterra. Its one of my favourite pokemon in my top 10 list.

My Bro. don't care if Torterra Lv. X is slow to load, it can take lot's of hits, and when it's loaded, good bye my Eggs sr. and all up to 10 Energies attached to it... (Yes, I usually get over 6 Energies to him with Nutritional Support and Celebis Sprouting...)

If you're loosing, you actually can kill 2 Blissies in 2 turns. If played correctly, the turtle can be dangerous.

Back