Pokemon Why does everyone hate Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flygon Jedi Master

May get back into the TCG
I don't know about the schools in your areas, but in mine, everyone hates Pokémon. The people that like it are discriminated. No one wants to be their friends. I have asked my friends why they hate Pokémon, an they reply; "Dude, it's gay." Do the people at your schools hate Pokémon? Why do they? Do you live in a perfect world where Pokémon lovers and non-Pokémon lovers can live in peace? I was just kind of wondering, and I'd like to find a reason in all of this mayhem.

... why do you even listen to them in the first place?

Believe me; you're not the only one. But you should just ignore these guys. They believe they have "grown up" and really put down that kind of stuff. Just don't listen to them.

I don't listen to them. They don't even know I like Pokémon. I want to know the reasoning though. Why can't they just say; "Hey. You like Pokémon, and I respect that."

I believe it was the impact of the anime. The show was extremely childish from 4Kid's edits, and even without it I don't think it would've been that good. As the anime is the only part of the trio that goes by itself, it became the image for what the franchise was about. However, as it was majorly unrelated to the games and TCG it made the other two get a bad image, so people tended to avoid it.

Otherwise it's just the thing about fads; if you don't denouce the previous one you aren't keeping up.

Flygon Jedi Master said:
Why does the popular guy say it's bad in the first place? :S

Its just how it is. You can't say "hey, I like Pokémon" without getting teased at. But then again I wasn't ever teased, neither were my friends about it. Actually I had people coming up to me asking if I liked it, and of course I said yes.

On my bus there's two kids who like pokemon and at first they got teased and now everbody leaves them alone except some people who never sit by them. When they do they tease them for a day or two and it stops.Pokemon was a fad a long time ago and when Yuogioh and other tcgs came out Pokemon became "gay" just like a lot of people think Yuogioh is gay now when it used to be cool.

Everyone has loved pokemon at a time, as odd of a comment that is, at one point, almost every child has collected cards, generaly when they are about 5-6 and they say "look at my new charizard its ultra powerful" then they quit. but we actually know how to play, they dismiss it as "gay" because many people quit at a young age.

enough said.

Most people at my school think it is "gay". I dont tell anybody that I like pokemon at the risk of bein made fun (even though I already am). Three of my friends like pokemon and that makes me happy that I'm not the only one. Also one of the "cool" kids kinda likes the pokemon games and he was strugling in Mystery Dungeon Blue which I found out when he was playing it on the bus. So he's the only one I've told I like pokemon but we made a deal that I would help with poke stuff and he wouldnt tell. I may never know if more people like it and are hiding it. I'm in eigth grade and going to highschool next year that is'nt that popular to people at my school cause' its not in my Diocese and I might tell more people that i like pokemon near the end of the year and see what they say and thats my new year resolution. It seems i've kinda strayed away from the topic... As for the topic I think it's the ANIME! If pokemon wants to do better with older people they have to stop showing it!

My school has 40% of people making fun of Pokémon. "Hey, Rhydon evolves into Caterpie!", or something along those lines, is heard at my school every day. However, the other 60% actually play the games, on and off.

The anime is the problem. The show is designed for eight year olds, and it gives Pokémon a bad image. I think that if we could just get rid of the anime, everything would stop, and people would be able to just enjoy a great card game and a great RPG.

Some people actually liked it when it was really kicking off in the mid to late 90s. Now, more people play the video games, and there's more criticism. As in every fad. ;/

dmaster out.

I agree, it's just the anime and the fact that they quit. Most of them probably quit because they didn't get a Base Set Charizard...:p

I enjoy the game a lot, and I enjoy keeping the company of the people who also play it. I don't really care if one person thinks that it's stupid as long as someone else enjoys it.

The anime used to be good when Pikachu shocked Ash and charizard did nothing but sleep. Now every Pokemon is Ash's friend and instead of catching Pokemon he ASKS Pokemon to come with him.THIS made Pokemon gay.

At my High School, people do hate Pokemon. As people say, "It's gay", I just go with their style. I have seen people get made fun of because they play Pokemon, I'm the only person in school that doesn't get made fun of by playing Pokemon. That's just cards though, THE new Pokemon anime started changing every viewer and their taste buds. Once things are not the same, people start calling it whatever they say about it.

Card game is not the target in my school, it's the anime that hits it's fans directly. Now that the Pokemon creator decided to change whatever the people like, this Pokemon World is now officially a disaster.

~ Legendary Cyrus

The more popular something is the more some people want to tear it down.

I'm quite lucky. I got a bit of abuse in primary school, but 99.9% of people have never commented. Most people in secondary school don't even KNOW what pokemon is :/ Anyways, THe first popular dismissed it, and the rest followed. Its a shame, because thinking about it, pokemon has done a lot worse than it should have done. Its tagert audience, wasn't geeks, and everyone used to play it when it first came out. I guess that people have to move on with fasion anyway.

I'm in 5th grade, and there is this kid that makes fun of pokemon. It's me and my friend he targets at. But I could laugh at him for something he likes(but I won't).

I'm homeschooled and have no friends outside of Pokemon TCG if at all, so I can't really come up with a typical example, but people always made fun of me for liking Pokemon. I just perversely make it more obvious and disregard anyone who can't come up with anything better to say than "Pokeymanz iz gey!".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back