White Kyurem EX Deck

9Tailz

the human embodiment of garbodor
I'm getting bored with my Darkrai/Hydreigon deck, so I was taking a look at the scans for Boundaries Crossed. I looked at White Kyurem EX, and I think it would go great with Altaria. The main purpose of the deck isn't for Ice Burn as much as it is for Dragon Steam. You only need a couple Altarias to be doing decent damage, and with your ACE SPEC you can do a lot more. You also receive weak Energy acceleration in Dragon Steam. You can start hammering your opponent by the second turn if you hit the DCE and Fire attachments. Ice Burn is primarily for quick KOs on something annoying like an EX in Hydreigon or Raikou in Eels variants. WK EX has pretty good typing because it can OHKO any Dragon type with 2 Altarias or Crystal Edge. You would run Eviolite as Tools for your WK EX alongside Crystal Edge. You would run 4 Rescue Scarfs for Altaria to get them back after the get killed in an assortment of ways. Thoughts on the idea?
White Kyurem-EX- Dragon- HP 180
Basic Pokemon

[R[C][C] Dragon Stream: 60 damage. Flip a coin, if heads, attach a Basic Energy card from the discard pile to this Pokemon.
[R][R][W][C] Cold Flare: 150 damage. Discard 2 [R] Energy attached to this Pokemon. The Defending Pokemon is now Burned.
When Pokemon-EX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards.

Weakness: Dragon (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3
Sorry, no scan yet, I'm on the iPad. :/ I copied the translation, it should be accurate.

My friend built this deck, and it was really good. To be honest I will problably try to make this deck eventually, even if it is just for fun. But by the problem by large is that you have to get Emboar on the field and keep him there, and that is always a struggle.

Seems epic, but, two tools for one pokemon? That won't work, i'd go with crystal edge and forget eviolite if you're wanting to mainly use dragon stream. Two Altaria on the bench, and you can pokemon catcher and ice burn anything for OHKO. You can also OHKO any dragon bar crystal wall black kyurem EX with dragon steam with two altaria on the bench. Four altaria and crystal edge and you're dragon stream ohkoing anything in the format.

I like the idea but i'd maybe switch Rescue scarfs for Super rod, it may not be as fast to get them back but at least if you get tool scrappered you will still have a chance at getting them back.

Couldn't this strategy also apply to Black Kyurem Ex except use crystal wall instead and maybe keep a Victini Ability on the bench (with a level ball) and just use his first attack and keep on paralyzing while hitting for pretty high damage. If you have 2 Altarias you can OHKO a Hydreigon and even if you can't darkrai variants don't really run switch so it seems like it could really disturb them.

I really like the idea of White Kyurem EX though since I pulled one at my pre-release it would be awesome to get to use him.

Thanks for the input!
venasour x said:
My friend built this deck, and it was really good. To be honest I will problably try to make this deck eventually, even if it is just for fun. But by the problem by large is that you have to get Emboar on the field and keep him there, and that is always a struggle.
I wasn't thinking about using Emboar because it's more inconsistent than setting up a couple Altarias, and N ruins it. I suppose it would work, but I want to utilize Altaria rather than Big Bad Bacon.
Mewtwomaster said:
Seems epic, but, two tools for one pokemon? That won't work, i'd go with crystal edge and forget eviolite if you're wanting to mainly use dragon stream. Two Altaria on the bench, and you can pokemon catcher and ice burn anything for OHKO. You can also OHKO any dragon bar crystal wall black kyurem EX with dragon steam with two altaria on the bench. Four altaria and crystal edge and you're dragon stream ohkoing anything in the format.
You're aware that Crystal Edge is an ACE SPEC, right? Eviolite is a backup tool for when you can't get Crystal Edge on your White Kyurem, and Eviolite is just a great tool to have.
ctrl+alt+aria said:
I like the idea but i'd maybe switch Rescue scarfs for Super rod, it may not be as fast to get them back but at least if you get tool scrappered you will still have a chance at getting them back.

Couldn't this strategy also apply to Black Kyurem Ex except use crystal wall instead and maybe keep a Victini Ability on the bench (with a level ball) and just use his first attack and keep on paralyzing while hitting for pretty high damage. If you have 2 Altarias you can OHKO a Hydreigon and even if you can't darkrai variants don't really run switch so it seems like it could really disturb them.

I really like the idea of White Kyurem EX though since I pulled one at my pre-release it would be awesome to get to use him.
Maybe swap one or two out for Super Rod as backup. I think it would work with Black Kyurem as well, like you said. I actually am building a deck with Victini, Altaria, and regular White Kyurem as a deck for my brother. Similar concept. My prerelease is today. I hope I pull something good.

You're aware that Crystal Edge is an ACE SPEC, right? Eviolite is a backup tool for when you can't get Crystal Edge on your White Kyurem, and Eviolite is just a great tool

Crystal edge is a tool card still which is what I think he was saying.
you could search for it with Skyla still though so it wouldn't be too hard to get unless its in your prizes but it could just get tool scrappered which sucks :p

Put down vileplume once you have the tool attached, but then you couldn't Pokémon Catcher. Eh, a thought.

Mewtwomaster said:
Put down vileplume once you have the tool attached, but then you couldn't Pokémon Catcher. Eh, a thought.

Which Vileplume? The trainer lock one is out of format and the one in this format doesn't stop you from playing Pokemon Catcher.

Mewtwomaster said:
Yeah, but run 4 Skyla and you are getting the better tool just as fast.

Yeah, but what if it's prized or discarded?

9Tailz said:
Mewtwomaster said:
Yeah, but run 4 Skyla and you are getting the better tool just as fast.

small chance, and figure in town map, then white kyurem can ice burn to get it from prize, then go start dragon streaming again if ya draw another fire.

You don't have to do what i'm suggesting btw. I'm just suggesting.

Mewtwomaster said:
9Tailz said:

small chance, and figure in town map, then white kyurem can ice burn to get it from prize, then go start dragon streaming again if ya draw another fire.

You don't have to do what i'm suggesting btw. I'm just suggesting.

Forgot that Town Map existed. But what happens when your Crystal Edge gets discarded? Junk Arm got rotated, and the only other way that's not in an attack (which is really not what the aim of this deck is, you don't want to let up) is the flippy Recycle. What's your opinions?

Maybe if you could try and work in some prisms/ Sabeleye maybe you could get your Crystal Edge back like that and then use whatever prisms you don't for Sabeleye on White-Kyurem or something.

As I said in my previous post, I'd rather not have to use an attack to retrieve it. Unfortunately, it's that or Recycle. What about Durant DRX? It attacks for a Colorless and can get anything you want. It would be a nice card early game, and who doesn't love Durant? oh wait me.

9Tailz said:
Nobody has any interest in the idea? :/

Sounds legit to me man. White is definetly my favorite out of the two cards. Just so much power! Im really digging the new Blastoise. Unlimited energies (if in hand), for unlimited power. Not sure what to match him up with as i havent really looked at the scans yet due to moving lol. But in Pomemon TCG, the possibilities are nearly endless.

Lexicon said:
9Tailz said:
Nobody has any interest in the idea? :/

Sounds legit to me man. White is definetly my favorite out of the two cards. Just so much power! Im really digging the new Blastoise. Unlimited energies (if in hand), for unlimited power. Not sure what to match him up with as i havent really looked at the scans yet due to moving lol. But in Pomemon TCG, the possibilities are nearly endless.
Umm Keldeo EX maybe?

Back