ORAS Which Version and Starter Will You Choose?

RE: What version and starter do you choose?

Aerodactyl said:
Reggie McGigas said:
I'm getting both versions, but Omega Ruby is coming first.

I like Mudkip most out of the 3 starters but I like Blaziken/Mega Blaziken more than Swampert/Mega Swampert. Hmm...

I suggest maybe going for torchic then. It won't be hard to get a swampert for post game, but fewer people are going to be picking Torchic for their runs because they had them in X/Y. It could help give your in game team a distinct difference if you want to battle other with it later, but to each his own.

If you know what else you want on your team, you could always just look at those pokemon and then fill in the blanks with the appropriate starter for type coverage. You know you're gonna need a surfer, for example.

Yeah Reggie join the torchic club...I am the only member...

I got both Ruby & Sapphire when they came out, so I'm definitely getting both OR & AS once they're released.

Even though I chose Torchic in Sapphire, I'm going to be replacing it with Treecko as my Starter in AS, while Mudkip will be my Starter in OR, since Torchic was an event in X & Y.

I intend to get both versions on day one if possible, but Alpha Sapphire has priority. Way back during the 3rd generation, Sapphire was the first Pokemon game that I thoroughly played by myself, so it holds a special place in my heart. That, and I love Kyogre just a bit more than Groudon. :p

For me, there is no other option for a starter Pokemon than Torchic. It was my Pokemon of choice back then and it will always be my favorite Hoenn starter. I missed out on the X and Y Torchic distribution, so I never got Blazikenite. I'm looking forward to it a lot. :)

I always purchase both versions, but typically have trouble deciding what to main. Back in my elementary school days it was Sapphire, so I guess that's going to be the ticket again!

I'll probably run through AS with straight Mudkip, and OR with Treecko and Torchic.

I'm choosing Alpha Sapphire because Primal Kyogre is cool looking, and I like it more than either Groudon now. Before, I didn't care much for Kyogre because of the red, but since that's getting dropped in its Primal form, it looks way better than Groudon.

As for the starters, I think I'll choose Treecko. It's the only starter I haven't used, and Mega Sceptile looks cooler than Mega Blaziken, though both are far superior to Mega Swampert design-wise.

I'll probably get Alpha Sapphire (but will eventually get both I'm sure). I played Ruby for the GBA first, so I'll flip flop this time. As for the starter, this gen doesn't have any starter that I'm crazy about, but I'll probably choose Mudkipz, mainly for the Mega evo.

Omega Ruby.
I plan on getting Torchic because it's my favorite Hoenn starter, but if they make the game in which you can only get one Hoenn Mega stone per game I will choose another one since I already have the Blazikenite.

I'm going Alpha Sapphire and Treeco for nostalgic reasons. I played Sapphire and chose treeco in the original game.

I'm picking up Alpha Sapphire since I played both Ruby and Emerald (Emerald was the first Pokemon game I played all the way through), so it makes sense I pick the version I never really touched upon. Also, since I never chose Treecko as a starter I'll go with him and his 4X weakness to ice (as a mega).

I'll buy them both! :D

In Omega Ruby my team will based on a adventure team to defeat the gyms and in Alpha Saphire my team will based on a coördinator team (and gyms).
In Omega Ruby I will choose Mudkip and in Alpha Saphire I will choose Treecko.

Alpha sapphire cause last time I got ruby and Mudkip/Mega Swampert cause those fists, those fists can pound through steel

King Xerneas said:
I'm picking up Alpha Sapphire since I played both Ruby and Emerald (Emerald was the first Pokemon game I played all the way through), so it makes sense I pick the version I never really touched upon. Also, since I never chose Treecko as a starter I'll go with him and his 4X weakness to ice (as a mega).

I'm doing this too. Although I only played Emerald, not Ruby or Sapphire. Too risky trying to get a cart when Ebay is full of fakes. I was lucky to get a genuine EMerald one but didn't want to chance it with vintage when I knew this was coming out.

I shall start with Torchic. I've actually started with all three before - I had the opportunity to trade in Mudkip when I played a second time with Treecko as my starter, and while Mudkip is the best IMO, I like fire starters better. So I will almost certainly go with Torchic.

I am getting Sapphire, not Ruby, because Kyogre > Groudon. No other reason, since the pokemon I like appear in both.

RE: Which Starter Will You Choose?

I'll pick up both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, though since I like Kyogre Alpha Sapphire will probably be my main cartridge.

I won't be choosing a starter, I'll use Omega Ruby to transfer the other two I don't choose to my main system and use all three of them. I don't know though which one will be chosen in Alpha Sapphire though. Maybe Treecko.

My next debate is whether the last three members of my team will also be capable of Mega Evolution or to use Pokemon that will not. Right now I'm thinking if I do it would be Manectric, Metagross and perhaps Altaria.

I have to choose my favorite Pokemon, right? So excited to finally choose Treecko in a game again. I'm still not sure which version to get. It would depend on its version exclusives, I guess.

I'm getting Alpha Sapphire :D
I am gonna go with Mudkip. Even though I absolutely love Blaziken, I decided I'd go with another starter this time, plus Mega Swampert is pretty cool looking.

I will end up getting both versions of the game, eventually. But, I plan on choosing Torchic, because I almost always seem to pick the fire starter. They just seem cuter to me, and I hardly ever evolve my starters. Mega evolutions will have no impact on my choice, as I will only use mega evolutions as it is required with the story.

But, if I want to be different, I might pick Treecko. Grass is my least favorite starter choice because you can usually get a grass Pokemon at the beginning of the game. Other than Bulbasaur, I don't think I've really played with a grass starter...

depends on whether the others mega stones are available regardless of choice.

But if they are, I'll close my eyes and choose randomly, then put it in the PC as soon as I catch something else xD
They're overrated and I've used each several times already.

Also, if there is anything akin to the friend safari that allows us to catch the starters in fancy pokeballs and with their hidden abilities, I'll want to breed new ones from that anyway ;D

Omega Ruby and Treecko first... Then, if I still have money, Alpha Sapphire and Mudkip... I've already used Blaziken on Emerald, and I might not use neither Groudon or Kyogre from the remakes since I still have the ones from Emerald and I've already transfered them to XY...

Back