Which Pokemon Manga Should I Read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoink!

Haters Gonna Hate :-)
I know that this is an ambiguous thread title, but I couldn't think of anything else. I want to start reading Pokemon manga, but I can't decide which series to start with. I am only interested in English manga.

My main questions are:

1) What series are age appropriate for an 8 year old? (I'm not 8; my sister is and she will be reading it too.) This means no swearing or other inappropriate stuff.

2)What series is easy to follow and is well translated?

3)Which series is your personal recommendation? (I know that this is a "favorites" question but this thread is not entirely a favorites thread. If this is breaking a rule anyway, I apologize.)

Thanks for helping!

RE: What Manga Should I Read?

Pokemon Adventures has Some graphic things in it, for example an arbok's head is cut off in battle, although later on it's revealed it wasn't really dead and just regrew a new head.

Most pokemon manga has some issues, like Electric tale of pikachu has some sexually suggestive scenes that although were toned down for english they weren't eliminated.

Possibly Naruto but that has naruto's "sexy jutsu" which is mostly obscured but that also has some suggestive references

No offense but pretty much any manga has Some inappropriate stuff in it, it's more of a matter of picking whatever the least suggestive.

Well there aren't really that much manga for 8 year olds because most is for adults and teenagers but my favroite manga is Naruto

Yotsuba&!. Probably one of the best things that happened for 'everyone' mangas. Before I was a teenager, these were pretty much the only things I could read besides what I will reccomend later. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yotsuba%26!

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure! is great also. It ended after 8 volumes, but you could probably still buy them.

Pokemon Adventures is ongoing and strong. Do NOT buy the "best of ____" series. They are just moments in the manga brought into one book. It confuses things a ton.

Zelda mangas are cool if you play the games. I read them before the games, and still thought they were cool. Maybe they were cut short a little, some boss levels only got one panel!

Spoink! said:
I know that this is an ambiguous thread title, but I couldn't think of anything else. I want to start reading Pokemon manga, but I can't decide which series to start with. I am only interested in English manga.

My main questions are:

1) What series are age appropriate for an 8 year old? (I'm not 8; my sister is and she will be reading it too.) This means no swearing or other inappropriate stuff.

2)What series is easy to follow and is well translated?

3)Which series is your personal recommendation? (I know that this is a "favorites" question but this thread is not entirely a favorites thread. If this is breaking a rule anyway, I apologize.)

Thanks for helping!

I don't get it... why does your sister factor into this? Couldn't you read it without the sister being involved? I doubt any pokemon manga fits your criteria so you can probably rule that out right away.

I would have said Air Gear, but your sister wouldnt be able to read it

Spoink! said:
I want to start reading Pokemon manga

^This... not to be rude.

I think I'm going to try Black and White Adventures, when it comes out (July 5) I'll read it first and then see whether it's okay for my sister.

Mods please lock, thanks and sorry for the disruption.

Spoink! said:
I think I'm going to try Black and White Adventures

Here you go,
http://www.mangareader.net/pokemon-special-black-white
Knock yourself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back