Which is Better Landorus EX OR Terrakion EX

Cortel II

I am the Doom master
So I'm working on a new deck idea, and was wondering what would be better? Landorus EX or Terrakion EX for an actual Fighting type in the deck? Please give a reason for your suggestion, not just "Terrakion is cool"

Thanks for all your help

Without a doubt Landorus EX. Being able to attack for 1 energy is HUGE in this format. In addition, Terrakion EX is weak to grass, so Virizion/Genesect destroys it.

Huh. Landorus EX has plenty of perks going for it, like \, 1-Energy Attack, and Bench snipe. However, you can build a Deck around Terrakion EX to really take advantage of its Energy acceleration and resistance break.

Maybe Plasma Badge, Colress Machine, and Plasma Energy, so you can get the Turn 1 50 damage, (or more with Deoxys EX and/or Aerodactyl DEX)/ and Pump-up Smash certainly helps in consistency in board state because you'll have more Pokemon ready to attack; helps you set up quickly in that regard. You'll certainly want Tool Scrapper, though, when Silver Mirror and Silver Bangle are released, in Plasma Blast.

I'm still not sure which Pokemon is better, but I do admit that Landorus EX requires less cards to setup, which makes room for offensive Trainer cards like Pokemon Catcher, Hypnotoxic Laser, Escape Rope, and Tools attached to Garbodor DRX.

I haven't seriously playtested Terrakion EX as I have Landorus EX, so keep that in mind, too.

Probably Landorus. If Terrakion gets Pump Up Smash going, it's really really good, but you have to get there first, which probably won't be possible without something like Victini EX.

PumpedAaron said:
Huh. Landorus EX has plenty of perks going for it, like \, 1-Energy Attack, and Bench snipe. However, you can build a Deck around Terrakion EX to really take advantage of its Energy acceleration and resistance break.

Maybe Plasma Badge, Colress Machine, and Plasma Energy, so you can get the Turn 1 50 damage, (or more with Deoxys EX and/or Aerodactyl DEX)/ and Pump-up Smash certainly helps in consistency in board state because you'll have more Pokemon ready to attack; helps you set up quickly in that regard. You'll certainly want Tool Scrapper, though, when Silver Mirror and Silver Bangle are released, in Plasma Blast.

I'm still not sure which Pokemon is better, but I do admit that Landorus EX requires less cards to setup, which makes room for offensive Trainer cards like Pokemon Catcher, Hypnotoxic Laser, Escape Rope, and Tools attached to Garbodor DRX.

I haven't seriously playtested Terrakion EX as I have Landorus EX, so keep that in mind, too.

If you have a list that can consistently pull off the plasma badge/colress machine combo turn 1, you just need to be running VirGen.

GHJamesGH said:
PumpedAaron said:

If you have a list that can consistently pull off the plasma badge/colress machine combo turn 1, you just need to be running VirGen.

Unless of course you plan on pairing him with Garbodor.

But speaking of ViriGen, Terrakion EX's Grass weakness is something to notice, as you mentioned earlier. There's another point for Landorus EX. You could pair him with Victini EX! Now what's ViriGen gonna do?

That may not be a credit to Terrakion EX, though. Just Victini EX...

You might as well pair him with Landorus EX.

Landorus EX is better, no questions asked. Lunatone/Ether/Terrakion EX and freinds would be cool to see, but the fact that Pump-Up Smash is energy from the hand, it makes Landorus spin circles around it, if it was from the deck, Terrakion EX would see much more play.

Back