Which Games Do You Want Sequels for this Generation?

TrainerLoganPoke

Aspiring Trainer
Which games do you want to have sequels this generation and why do you want those games?

I have a whole list but some that I want are:
1. Poke park(I had a lot of fun with the wii games so I see no reason why they shouldn't have a third installment)
2. Pokemon ranger(it is already one of the more popular pokemon spinoff games plus it makes little sense for it to be Ds only)
3. F-zero(just imagine a thirty person only multiplayer mode similar to mario kart without the items)
4. Kid Icarus(it has one of the most popular 3ds games and a pretty dedicated fan base I could see it do well)
5. Kirby's return to dreamland(I just want the animal buddies dang it)
6. Metroid(I see this one being announced next e3 plus I just want to get into this series)
7. Mario sunshine(likely simply because of the amount of sunshine references in mario kart not to mention it would look amazing)
8. Ice climbers(honestly they deserve a new game preferably a 3d one with snow everywhere instead of just ice)
9. Mega man(seriously needs a new installment after they cancelled 4 games)
10. Pokemon colosseum(this one can use triple battles instead of doubles plus they were my favorite games)

So what games do y'all want? Note this doesn't have to be for nintendo or even logical as long as you explain why you want it.

Well...
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation - I just watched a playthrough on Youtube but Aveline de Grandpré felt like one, if not the best Assassin so far and I would like to see a new game with her as a mentor and training Assassin recruits, since it would be interesting to see her trying to avoid the mistakes of her own mentor and also we could see more of what sets Assassins and Templars apart (or not and finally we could end up choosing one or the other instead of being the Assassin and the Templars being the big bad wolves wanting world domination at all costs).

Onimusha series - from the three great unifiers of Japan, Tokugawa Iyeasu is still missing his debut and story and the last Onimusha game for consoles was Dawn of Dreams from some years ago!

I'd be really interest in seeing a sequel for a few games of mine like Time Hollow,
I felt that they made the game awfully short and even though it was rather simple
to play through, I really enjoyed the music, graphics, characters and storyline.

I would LOVE to see something dealing with Lighthouse: The Dark Being.
That game was amazing but alas, very outdated. I can't play it on my system
anymore due to it being so incompatible. So a remake or even a sequel would
be a dream come true for me.

I'd also like a proper damn sequel to the Prince of Persia: Epilogue for the XBOX,
but I guess the world can't be perfect all the time. XD

Well, since I'm only interested in Pokemon out of Nintendo's series, I'd really like the following to have a sequel:
-Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon ranger was an amazing game, imagine playing it in 3D!

-Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Conquest was one of my favourite Pokemon games of all time, they should definitely make a sequel, with the addition of Fairy Types.

-Pokepark
Pokepark was a wonderful game where you could play as a Pokemon. It would be great if every Pokemon could be in the game, but still that might be too much.

-Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium, even though I haven't played it, probably needs a remake, suited for Generation 5 or 6. It would also be great to see returning characters, like in the Pokemon World Tournament in Black 2 and White 2.

Another console Pokemon game would be cool, especially on the Wii U, so here's hoping for another coliseum game or something along those lines. Metroid, Megaman(please purchase the IP from Sega, Nintendo), and F-Zero haven't had a new game in years, so another one of those could be cool. People really like Super Mario RPG, Sunshine, Psychonaughts(never gonna happen), TWEWY, Okami, and Beyond Good and Evil(wasn't a remake announced at e3?), so those too, even though I've never played them. People hated the third Banjo Kazooie game and the Perfect Dark prequel, iirc, so maybe Rare should redeem themselves and make better ones and Conker 2 instead of Kinect games. While I'm at it, Team ICO should make another game.

Also insert unoriginal Half Life 3 joke here.

Cinesra said:
(...) and Beyond Good and Evil(wasn't a remake announced at e3?), (...)

*facepalm* Oh Beyong Good & Evil 2! Ubisoft showed a trailer a couple (or more) years ago and then once a year, some guy from the company talks a little about a game being released soon or the future games, only to let slip a few words about how Ubisoft and its people are searching for the best way to present and make the game and how they didn't forgot it. In the end and seeing how Ubisoft is, BG&E2, if released (Yves already said that they'll only bet on games that can be turned into franchises - a.k.a. milking every year - and so since I don't think the original BG&E appealed that much, despite now being regarded as a pearl, and since Ubisoft is also reutilizing material and stuff) will end up very close to Assassin's Creed, with parkour, easter-eggs about games in development to be released in 2017, DLC and season pass, lots of pre-order packs, each varying accordingly to the shop where you buy it, characters full of cliches, etc..

Cinesra said:
Megaman(please purchase the IP from Sega, Nintendo),

*Capcom

I would like Nintendo to buy Sonic though, but that's beside the point.

Cinesra said:
People hated the third Banjo Kazooie game and the Perfect Dark prequel, iirc, so maybe Rare should redeem themselves and make better ones and Conker 2 instead of Kinect games.

Do you even know why Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts is so hated? It plays nothing like the other two, the first two are open world collectahon platformers, and Nuts and Bolts is some crappy racing game. All of the talent from Rare is gone and the newer people have no idea how to make a Banjo Kazooie, that's why they're stuck making Kinect shovelware. And sadly, Banjo Kazooie and Conker aren't really going to get much attention from Microsoft, they don't care about platformers whatsoever, so more than likely they won't see actual sequels unless someone else buys them.

Card Slinger J said:
Pokemon Snap!

Forgot about Snap, yeah, this game would be perfect for 3DS and Wii U.

Card Slinger J said:
Sonic: The Hedgehog 3 / Sonic & Knuckles

Like it or not, you've got one. Two, actually.

Fatal Frame / Zero (Wii U): The original 3 games of these (PS2 and Xbox) were amazing and had a large following in Japan along with a cult following in the US and Europe. There was a 4 made in Japan for the Wii, but it was never released internationally. I was so excited when I heard there was going to be another sequel for the 3DS released worldwide... only to discover that it was basically a shitty tech demo. Regardless, it seems the series has moved onto Nintendo and I actually think it work well on the Gamepad, with the screen being a camera view port. And even if the series isn't as big internationally as it is in Japan, Koei Tecmo could release it digitally to save on distribution costs akin to how Phoenix Wrigth: Dual Destinies was released.

EDIT: I guess a Wii U Fatal Frame actually was announced just a couple months ago, though no word yet if it'll get an international release or not.

Golden Sun (3DS): Sure, the DS sequel that we got back in 2010 wasn't nearly as good as the original two, but maybe they'll learn from their mistakes and go back to something resembling the original difficulty and excellence of the first two games. And even if the 4th game would end up being something more like Dark Dawn than the originals, I'd still play it and love it; DD wasn't bad, just not as good as the others.

Lunar Series (3DS/Wii U): Otherwise known as the series that now has at least twice as many remakes as original games. I still love the 2 "main" games to death and would gladly play a remake of both/either as a 3DS port (hey, if they can do an iOS port...), though a sequel would be even better. A real sequel, that is, because everyone knows Lunar: Dragon Song was just too terrible to actually exist.

Pokémon Snap (Wii U): Like Fatal Frame, Pokémon Snap could make good use of the gamepad as a camera, and they've got all those 3D models anyway.

Fire Emblem (3DS/Wii U): Always want more Fire Emblem; always. >_> Although I enjoy playing FE titles best on portable, I do like the length and detail that they can put into console titles (Radiant Dawn having 3 tiers of classes and just being a super long story was so excellent), so I'd be happy with either and would certainly love at least one more FE game this generation, preferably multiple. If they wanted to stay in the same setting, they could even do like they did for 6->7 and make a prequel game. The story of Emmeryn, Chrom, and Lissa's dad waging war on Plegia and the subsequent defeat of Ylisse would make for a story very fitting to the FE titles.

Guys, please refrain of posting just a list. There must be some reason why you want these games to have sequels. Do share it with us.

Bolt the Cat said:
Oh sorry, my bad. I must've gotten them switched because they're both shadows of their former selves.
Do you even know why Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts is so hated?
Yes, actually. I didn't know that all the talent from Rare left, but I really only mentioned them because they have multiple game franchises that deserve better than what Microsoft has done to them.

Is nobody here going to mention a sequel to Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum in 3D? After OR/AS of course but I'd still like to see it. They were my favorite games and I'd really really love to see them.

LoneWolf2113 said:
Is nobody here going to mention a sequel to Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum in 3D? After OR/AS of course but I'd still like to see it. They were my favorite games and I'd really really love to see them.

I'd like to see plenty of Pokemon sequels, but I don't think they're very feasible for past gen games. The problem is that the games' target demographic are kids that never played the originals, so if they simply handed them DP2 they'd probably be more confused with the storyline unless they were given the opportunity to play the originals as well. So unless they do some kind of bundle deal where you can get both the originals and their sequel, it's probably not going to happen.

Which is a shame because I think a lot of older generations need one, especially Kanto and Johto which have imbalanced regional dexes and are smaller and less varied than most regions. Plus Johto suffers from being shackled to Kanto in GSCHGSS and they can't do the region any justice until they can remove that restriction.

Sonic Adventure 3.
Hands down SA2 was my favorite game of all time and the story never really had a conclusion, SEGA really needs to get working on this.
(Don't even mention Sonic 06, it was not a sequel)

- Pokémon Snap
I liked the original game, so a sequel to 3DS would be nice. Since it's got a camera and 3D feature it could be a lot more interactive. In addition to that the number of Pokémon have increased a whole lot, so the game would be longer. (I don't have a Wii U yet, but a sequel to that machine would be cool, too). And they could even have a monthly DLC (or something) for it...

- Pokémon Stadium/Colosseum/Battle Revolution
I didn't play those games so much when they came out, but a Triple/Rotation battle addition would be nice. And we've got Inverse Battle, too. Could be a nice challenge.

-F-goddamn-zero.
Tired of this mario kart nintendo racing games monopoly bull, I need a serious racing game.

-Golden Sun
my most beloved RPG. I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't played the 2 titles for the GBA, I've probably replayed them more than a dozen times each by now (kind of became a tradition to replay once a year lol). The DS one was okay, but it's just a reboot without a serious follow-up because they made it too late in the DS-era -.-

-Child of Light
loved it, they're probably gonna make a sequel at some point though, not worried about that.

-Metroid
even if it's just a super metroid remake with other M gameplay (wait that would actually be awesome), it's not as overdue as F-zero, but no new game announcements or even hints whatsoever is depressing for a franchise you love.

-Pokemon Pinball!
the RS pinball was so cool, I've collected the whole dex several times... was kinda sad when gen 5 came around and still no sight of Pinball DP, now we're in gen 6 and that was still the last pokemon pinball we've seen <__<

Mitja said:
-F-Goshdarn-zero.
Tired of this mario kart nintendo racing games monopoly bull, I need a serious racing game.

What else can even be done with F-Zero that couldn't be done with Mario Kart? I'd like to see Nintendo experiment with the racing genre a bit more too, but there's not much that can be done with it. Maybe if they brought back 1080 Snowboarding or Wave Race or made some type of foot racing game like Sonic R, that would be a good fit, but bringing back F-Zero because we need a "serious" racing game is pretty flimsy reasoning for a company that prides itself on innovation and creativity, they need to give it some kind of unique gameplay mechanic that can't be done in Mario Kart.

There's two games I really want to see get sequels currently.

For one, I want a 3DS sequel to Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury. I desperately want to play through the entire Dragon Ball GT storyline in the Legacy of Goku format. I'd be a crap ton of fun for a DBZ fan boy such as myself, and I'd definitely buy it as soon as I could. It'd be a much funner endeavor as opposed to the one we got on the gameboy for DBGT.

Second, I want an exact sequel to Portal 2. I know plenty of people on the internet want this, and considering Valve cant count to 3, it's pretty unlikely. However, I'd for sure scoop it up on the PC if it was released, with Chell returning to Aperature for whatever reason. Honestly, I wouldnt care. Just more great storytelling and gameplay is all I'd want. Sure, in Portal 2, they made it really difficult to continue the series...but I hold out hope that one day, Valve goes back to kindergarten and learns their 1, 2, 3s.

I would have loved a sequel to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (not necessarily of this generation), but the company is now defunct. It was a great vampire rpg, and a sequel could have had amazing potential. Thankfully, the community still has dedicated modders to keep the fans content.

Mistryss Nite said:
I would have loved a sequel to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (not necessarily of this generation), but the company is now defunct. It was a great vampire rpg, and a sequel could have had amazing potential. Thankfully, the community still has dedicated modders to keep the fans content.

A good vampire game has been misssing for quite a while! NOTCastlevania: Lords of Shadow trilogy was a terrible thorn in the series; Soul Reaver saw "Nosgoth", an online game that I find too bright (just by looking at it, I won't play it) and Vampire The Masquerade wasn't revived unfortunately. My last hope was to see Saints Row take the vampire lore and mix it into the mindless fun, namely after seeing that gorgeous moon background in that alien "expansion". I would like to see vampire clans replacing gangs, tombs and crypts replacing cribs, sucking blood from NPC refilling your health meter, flying with vampire wings, being able to hypnotise people. Oh, last but not least, imagine the tons of vampire themed clothes and customisation we could have!

Back