Discussion When Will Unova Get a Set?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Blob55, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Blob55 Aspiring Trainer
    Blob55

Since all other regions get sets, why doesn't Unova? Tag Bolt looks like it'll be a Kanto Set, so does that mean Unova gets a set next year, or never?

2. pokemon64 Semi-Ace Trainer
    pokemon64

I really hope Unova gets a set. Not only would we see N reprinted, we would also get a lot of cool Unova Pokemon GX Cards. It's a shame that Black and White got so much hate:( I would've loved to see a set based off Black and White as well as even some reprints from Black and White series, similar to how Celestic Storm had reprints from the ex series

3. Blob55 Aspiring Trainer
    Blob55

Why did BW even get hate? B2W2 are some of the best Pokémon games and ORAS got way more backlash for skipping the Battle Frontier.

TheAquaPiplup likes this.
  4. MilesEX Aspiring Trainer
    MilesEX

Why would we see N reprinted exactly?

5. pokemon64 Semi-Ace Trainer
    pokemon64

Because it's a popular card and it's a Unova set?

6. CrownAxe Aspiring Trainer
    CrownAxe

They didn't reprint Double Dragon Energy in the Dragon themed Dragon Majesty set. There isn't a guarantee that they'll reprint N even with a unova set

7. pokemon64 Semi-Ace Trainer
    pokemon64

Why wouldn't they? Why hasn't N got a reprint yet? I don't see why he shouldn't of gotten one by now

8. CrownAxe Aspiring Trainer
    CrownAxe

Because they don't want it in standard again? It's pretty clear that the design philosophy has changed with SUM compared to BW and XY era. It looks like they want the game to be different and part of that means not reprinting a card that's been a competitive staple for 7 years

9. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

It seems to me as if the minisets/expansion packs are more Unova focused than anything else tbh. Looking at them, Cobalion, Virizion, Sigilyph, Reshiram, White Kyurem and Genesect all have gotten GX cards in one, and Darmanitan, Cofagrigus, Galvantula, Mandibuzz, Ferrothorn (and more) got a card in one of those sets, after not having gotten one in quite a while.

I would love to see a Unova-themed set, but rn it seems like they're more focused on putting Unova into the expansion packs

Blob55 likes this.
  10. Swampert Full Art #GROOKEYGANG
    Swampert Full Art

It would be a bit weird for every single generation to be featured except Unova. I would personally love to see Elesa finally get a full art.

11. WillyCharizard Aspiring Trainer
    WillyCharizard

Maybe N will not return as the same card but could return as a new card, maybe an ultra prism, Lysandre for example return as one and with diferent effect

pokemon64 and TheAquaPiplup like this.
  12. Blob55 Aspiring Trainer
    Blob55

I checked the amount of Unova mon with cards in sub sets and this is all of the Unova mon in them (excluding reprints):

Facing a New Trial:

Trubbish
    Garbodor
    Cottonee
    Whimsicott

Shining Legends: (JP)

Virizion
    Shining Genesect
    Larvesta
    Volcarona
    Reshiram
    Keldeo
    Zekrom
    Golett
    Golurk
    Stunfisk
    Purrloin
    Liepard
    Scraggy
    Scrafty
    Zorua
    Zoroark GX

GX Battle Boost:

Victini
    Litwick
    Lampent
    Chandelure
    Trubbish
    Garbodor

Dragon Storm:

Victini
    Darumaka
    Darmanitan
    Heatmor
    Reshiram GX
    Druddigon
    Zekrom
    Kyurem
    White Kyurem GX

Thunderclap Spark:

Virizion GX
    Victini
    Cubchoo
    Beartic
    White Kyurem
    Blitzle
    Zebstrika
    Stunfisk
    Durant
    Cobalion
    Genesect GX

Fairy Rise:

Sigilyph GX
    Yamask
    Cofagrigus
    Litwick
    Lampent
    Chandelure
    Meloetta (Aria)

Dark Order:

Blitzle
    Zebstrika
    Emolga
    Joltik
    Galvantula
    Zorua
    Zoroark
    Vullaby
    Mandibuzz
    Ferroseed
    Ferrothorn
    Pawniard
    Bisharp
    Cobalion GX

GX Ultra Shiny:

Zorua
    Reshiram GX
    Zoroark GX

Ultra Force and Champion Road don't have any Unova mon.

Out of these Pokémon, Reshiram and Zoroark line get in quite a lot of sets. Victini, Cobalion, Virizion, Zekrom, White Kyurem, Stunfisk, Trubbish and Litwick lines also appear more than once.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?