When Will They Stop?

Ivysaurous

Sick of n00bs
First of all, how many seasons have been on for Pokemon TV show? I think they should drop Ash and start a new storyline, or at least a new trainer. It's kinda stupid that Ash has been on this "journey" for like...5-6 years or more??? He hasnt gotten any older! He started this "journey" when he was 13, he would have to be at least 16 now, and he hasnt grown. Anyways, I think that Pokemon was either meant for anime, or just poorly executed. Chime in with you opinion...

What, are you kidding? Taking Ash away from the Pokémon show is like... taking some other main character from a popular show. Remove him completely? No way. Ash Ketchum is here to stay, get used to it. If you're tired of seeing his face, don't watch the show or watch Pokémon Chronicles.

Also, just because it's taken this long to see Ash travel to Sinnoh doesn't mean it's taken Ash the same amount of time. He's constantly on the move; we are only told of his adventures once a week (now it's like every day or something, but that's cause Diamond and Pearl are on the way).

In Ash's time, it hasn't taken him this long to do whatever it is he's done. Granted, it's not been a few days or whatnot, but certainly not 10 years. He has gotten older, but not so much older that we notice a difference. It would make it a little more believable if he were a little taller and slightly more manly.

And he started his journey when he was ten, the day he was able to become a Pokémon Trainer. Voltorb clock ftw :)

No way ash and pikachu are the stars of the show and if you take them away the show would be dead in the water and it would not be fun anymore and I wish the would use the themes they used to you at the start of every episode and they need to put the gotta catch em all logo back on too.:)

Ivysaurous said:
First of all, how many seasons have been on for Pokemon TV show? I think they should drop Ash and start a new storyline, or at least a new trainer.  It's kinda stupid that Ash has been on this "journey" for like...5-6 years or more??? He hasnt gotten any older! He started this "journey" when he was 13, he would have to be at least 16 now, and he hasnt grown.  Anyways, I think that Pokemon was either meant for anime, or just poorly executed.  Chime in with you opinion...

I'm with you! We want new main characters! We want Pikachu gone!

You can't get rid of them because they are the stars of the show and pika is derived from the word light and chu is the sound a mouse makes so that is why he is the star of the show and it is in nintendo power on the smash bros brawl profile so that is why he will not be gone.:)

CCloud... I love you... lol j/k j/k
But Pikachu is giving Pokemon a bad name.. Alot of people are turned off to Pokemon because they think that its to kiddie. They should be advertising with Pokemon like Nidoking and Gyarados.

People base their beliefs on the show, which is geared towards children. Most people won't be bothered by being enlightened, so there's nothing you can do except play the game and/or watch the show with anyone you can find that thinks like you.

Ash started at ten...and i dont think he takes more than 6/7 months to complete one regional championship....so, he can be at max. 13 now. Besides its all about showing ash becoming master-trainer...then, whats the point of removing him...its not like he isnt catchin new pokemons....he does catch new ones...so whats making new feel bored abt it??

Dude, Ash is an Idiot. He's like the icon of the show, and he gives Pokemon a bad name because he's so gay. Like I already said, alot of people dont watch the show, or anything else that has anything to do with Pokemon because they think it's too kiddie. Having Ash and Pikachu as their icons really hurts the Pokemon Company. It would be a great decision to start advertising with tougher Pokemon. Alot more people would start playing Pokemon.

i really like Ash to be gone.He has weak pokemon.

Ivysauros said:
Dude, Ash is an Idiot.  He's like the icon of the show, and he gives Pokemon a bad name because he's so gay.  Like I already said, alot of people dont watch the show, or anything else that has anything to do with Pokemon because they think it's too kiddie.  Having Ash and Pikachu as their icons really hurts the Pokemon Company.  It would be a great decision to start advertising with tougher Pokemon.  Alot more people would start playing Pokemon.

^Agree with this guy

Ivysaurous said:
Dude, Ash is an Idiot. He's like the icon of the show, and he gives Pokemon a bad name because he's so gay. Like I already said, alot of people dont watch the show, or anything else that has anything to do with Pokemon because they think it's too kiddie. Having Ash and Pikachu as their icons really hurts the Pokemon Company. It would be a great decision to start advertising with tougher Pokemon. Alot more people would start playing Pokemon.
'gay' is not the sort of word we want used as an insult around here? Keep it in mind kids. Thanks.

Could you please lock the thread and yes it is bad language and should not be used on the forums. Anyway I think ash is cool and pikachu is the star of the show and with out him there would be nothing.:)

So you want them to remove Ash just becuase he has weak pokemons and he is stupid? That's a lame reason becuase they will never replace Ash and even if they did, they will bring a character with new design, but with almost the same personality as Ash.

no they wouldn,t remove ash is the principal star of the show and also pikachu many people would dislike pokemon if they were removed of the show I really disliked pokemon chronicles

I agree with Ivysaurous.. Alot of people I know say that Pokemon is for 4year olds. The reason they think that is becuz Pokemon markets with childish pokemon like Pikachu. I dont think those people would say that anymore if Pokemon would market with Pokemon like houndoom or Nidoking.

Ash can stay, all he needs to do is get rid of that hat, get some cooler clothes, get some cooler pokes, like gyarados (or charizard, why did they have to erase them from the show:() and evolve pikachu, voilà, you have yourself somehow what of a cool ash, now to change his friends, let's let gary tarvel with him

also, maybe give ash some legendaries, that would help, aruseus would so make ash a lot cooler

The show is kinda making us look like kids, even my local league members are surprised if I tell them that most of worlds was 15+, of-course, some Pokémon players are kids, but I don't think the complexity of the TCG/GBA games is meant to be childish

Why does everybody keep going on about how it is a kid show? That is the whole point- it IS aimed as a kid show. When pokemon started they probably did not expect it to be as big as this. The reason Ash didnt age was because the anime was only originally going to last a few months or so. If everybody thought that pokemon was for little kids then there would be no adult following at all, would there? Although Ash gets on people's nerves there is no way they will get rid of him or pikachu. They helped made pokemon what it is today.
Also, I agree with some of the views but can we please not use gay as an insult please.

Back